Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (+3) @ Green Bay (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

Rodgers played great and honestly that game was much closer in score than it had any right to be. Credit pats red zone defense. Saw it against Denver us and now Gb. Rodgers is IMO MVP so far. Brady played solid but honestly he was not sharpe as he needed to be. I really think mcdaniels read to many Brady vs Rodgers articles because ne could and Should have run all over gb.... Throw in a few play actions to gronk and Edelman and they could have won that game. Brady typically wins those games. He had a shot and didn't finish this time but i wouldn't feel great giving him more shots like that. I really think belicheck should have given him a chance to win that. Worst case scenario they have to go for a td late. How do u go for it on 4 the down at the 50 and not at the 30? Not often bill makes a bad decision.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodgers played great and honestly that game was much closer in score than it had any right to be. Credit pats red zone defense. Saw it against Denver us and now Gb. Rodgers is IMO MVP so far. Brady played solid but honestly he was not sharpe as he needed to be. I really think mcdaniels read to many Brady vs Rodgers articles because ne could and Should have run all over gb.... Throw in a few play actions to gronk and Edelman and they could have won that game. Brady typically wins those games. He had a shot and didn't finish this time but i wouldn't feel great giving him more shots like that. I really think belicheck should have given him a chance to win that. Worst case scenario they have to go for a td late. How do u go for it on 4 the down at the 50 and not at the 30? Not often bill makes a bad decision.

It was 4 and 20 vs 4 and 3

I am honestly glad we lost this game, our team needed to realize that there are many areas we need to fix before the playoffs.

The pass rush was non existent in the 2nd half....Vince Wilfork is no longer in his prime, he just sits there and can't get past O-Line men.

We need to rush Collins and Hightower and Ayers more together! Our Pass coverage was good, the problem is if our pass rush can't get to Aaron then the coverage will eventually break down in 5-8 seconds...

The offense was out of sync after the first QT, we played poorly, we need to play 60 minutes, we only played for 2 quarters and that's why we lost.

Dobson...he is injured again, I'd say let him go after this season since LaFell has proved to be a worthy #2 receiver besides Julian.

Gronk is Gronk, he plays hard every game, but we need others to step up their game too, this includes Brady. The O-line did a good job in the first QT, after that they played terribly.

We also needed to run more, look at Blount running people over, we could have won this game if they ran the ball more. The one run that Jones had, we ran for like 9 yards, the kid deserves more touches, save Blount for the playoffs, then we will run people over.

I hope we win next week, it will be challenging winning in SD, they are super hot after todays win in Baltimore and Rivers and his receivers are just balling!

If he were going to throw a tantrum, it should have involved him kneeing that little * McDaniels in the stomach and telling him that those sideline passes aren't working.

This game just showed me that the SB will be between 2 teams who took their lumps along the way. There is just no way that the Pats, Packers, Broncos, Cards, etc get past more than 1 of the Chargers, Seahawks, 49ers, etc of the league.

Except that the Pats and Packers are better than all the rest of the teams you listed. The Pats were blowing everyone's doors off and got held to 21 and in turn the Packers were blowing everyone out at home and got held to 26. These two teams not only have great QB play, they also showed they can both play great defense. If they get the number one seeds neither is likely to lose at home in the playoffs. Not only do both dominate at home, they have a significant advantage in terms of the cold weather as well.

Except that the Pats and Packers are better than all the rest of the teams you listed. The Pats were blowing everyone's doors off and got held to 21 and in turn the Packers were blowing everyone out at home and got held to 26. These two teams not only have great QB play, they also showed they can both play great defense. If they get the number one seeds neither is likely to lose at home in the playoffs. Not only do both dominate at home, they have a significant advantage in terms of the cold weather as well.

I agree but I think Seattle may get the number one seed in the NFC in which case GB would lose IMO to Seattle in Seattle. Arizona is falling apart but the Packers would still need to lose one more game, maybe vs Detroit at the end of the year, for Seattle to get the top seed over them. And Seattle would have to win out.

It was 4th and 18 at the end. Still, I think you wing it to the end zone vs the long FG that was not going to help you.

They should have run more. That was the most surprising part of the game. When they did run, they had some good success.

Patriots held GB to 3 points in the second half. 3. That is some great defensive football.

GB got the key sack on Brady at the end to seal the game. Great defensive football.

So much of these games is billed as the QBs but much of yesterday was about how well both defenses played.

I agree but I think Seattle may get the number one seed in the NFC in which case GB would lose IMO to Seattle in Seattle. Arizona is falling apart but the Packers would still need to lose one more game, maybe vs Detroit at the end of the year, for Seattle to get the top seed over them. And Seattle would have to win out.

Seattle?  They are a game behind 3 teams, two of which they play in the next 4 weeks.  The only way they get the #1 is by going 4-0 against @Philadelphia, San Francisco, @Arizona, and St Louis and having the Packers drop a game against a pretty soft schedule, Atlanta, @Buffalo, @Tampa Bay, Detroit.

I still think they're the best team in the NFL, honestly. GB is good but Rodgers played out of his mind. NE got to him a few times with 3 sacks, but it didn't phase him.

I don't.  They were on a nice hot streak but they have really cooled off since half time against Detroit. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see San Diego beat them next week.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see San Diego beat them next week.

Me neither, but I still think they're the best overall team with a coaching staff that will adjust accordingly after this game. If that O-line gave Brady his usual time NE would have won.....that's really the only way you stop NE. GB, unlike most teams, was smart enough to hound his butt all night instead of sitting back to get dissected like a bunch of fools. Brady under regular pressure is like Manning in the cold, they become two entirely different QB's. 

GB is a pretty good team, too, but Rodgahs man...... Pressure? Cold? Nope. Same beast.

We'll see if SD has the intelligence, or the ability, to get behind the walls of Brady's castle all night. I doubt it, but they might.

Me neither, but I still think they're the best overall team with a coaching staff that will adjust accordingly after this game. If that O-line gave Brady his usual time NE would have won.....that's really the only way you stop NE. GB, unlike most teams, was smart enough to hound his butt all night instead of sitting back to get dissected like a bunch of fools. Brady under regular pressure is like Manning in the cold, they become two entirely different QB's.

GB is a pretty good team, too, but Rodgahs man...... Pressure? Cold? Nope. Same beast.

We'll see if SD has the intelligence, or the ability, to get behind the walls of Brady's castle all night. I doubt it, but they might.

Is it sunny and nice in SD?. Uh oh.

Seattle?  They are a game behind 3 teams, two of which they play in the next 4 weeks.  The only way they get the #1 is by going 4-0 against @Philadelphia, San Francisco, @Arizona, and St Louis and having the Packers drop a game against a pretty soft schedule, Atlanta, @Buffalo, @Tampa Bay, Detroit.

Sure. Tough schedule but they just beat Arizona and San Fran convincingly letting up only a combined 6 points. I can't see them losing to the Sanchez led Eagles and they won't lose the home games either. At Arizona was a game that was looking difficult but not so much anymore with how the Cards looked yesterday.

GB for sure could run the table but I think the Detroit game could be tough as Detroit already beat them holding their offense to 7 points and at Buffalo could be tough depending on the weather.

Seattle can win at GB in the playoffs. Probably the only NFC team that could.

I thought Brady's fit was classless and showed a lack of poise. 

Ridiculous. Hater. Nonsense. But that's what you do right? 

Brady expressed frustration at failing to punch it in when they had the ball at the GB 20 with around 3:00 left.

And at not getting one more crack at it.

You keep making these fortress and castle references to describe Brady's line, but it's pure hyperbole.. the oline isn't elite, they haven't been for years now and Brady is havin to get rid of the ball fast.

The oline was completely dominated yesterday, they couldnt even run the ball with any consistency against the 30th ranked run defense and never allowed enough time for any play over 10-15 yards to develop without someone pressuring, hitting or sacking Brady.

They got to Brady and got a hand on the ball as he was throwing like 3 or 4 times, all of which could have been turnovers

At the end of the day it was a real close game against the best team in the NFL in their home stadium where they're nearly unbeatable statistically, but the Patriots need to generate pressure with a 4 man rush if they have any hope of competing for a SB.

Chandler Jones is going to help significantly and could have very easily made the difference in that game.. Rodgers had 5 to 6 seconds on average to throw the ball. . He faced almost no pressure the entire game and the handful of times they were able to get close to him, he just rolled out of the pocket and threw it for 30 yards

The pass defense was playing extremely well considering... the play that Rodgers held the ball for 12 seconds (an NFL record I believe) no one got open and he had to throw it away (should have been intentional grounding arguably)

Rodgers is clearly the MVP right now, nobody can do the things he does at the QB position right now.

He's the total package, there is no flaw or weakness in his game. I couldn't believe the accuracy he had while on the move throwing strikes 30 yards down the field where only his guys could get it.. It was truly impressive.

Luck has the physical makeup to do what Rodgers does, but he's nowhere near the cerebral level that Rodgers is at right now in his 3rd year

Give credit to the Packers. They played a very good game on D and of course their offense is fantastic. NE did a good job of limiting them in the second half, but the Pats just couldn't get it rolling on the other side. Too many stalled drives and the penalties hurt them in this one. 

If you woke up today without watching the game and only looked at the time-of-possession and overall yards, you'd think that GB rolled in this one. But the Patriots were a play away from taking the lead at the end there. It would have been an amazing catch but the throw to Gronk in the end zone was their best shot and they came up a tiny bit short. As lopsided as it felt at times, Brady had them right where they needed to be, and they just couldn't close the deal. 

Any loss sucks, but the Patriots played the NFC's best (and hottest) team to a five-point game in their house. They had no pass rush at all (Rodgers held the ball for literally 11 seconds on one play) but they hung in there. I'd like their chances in a rematch on a neutral field. 

GB made more plays, they earned it. Simple as that. 

We're on to San Diego.  ;)

Rodgers is clearly the MVP right now, nobody can do the things he does at the QB position right now.

He's the total package, there is no flaw or weakness in his game. I couldn't believe the accuracy he had while on the move throwing strikes 30 yards down the field where only his guys could get it.. It was truly impressive.

Luck has the physical makeup to do what Rodgers does, but he's nowhere near the cerebral level that Rodgers is at right now in his 3rd year

I agree. Very impressive. 

Rodgers is Luck without the two or three bad decisions per game. When he's on he's nearly impossible to beat. 

I think if Gostkowski didn't shank that one, they would have tried an onside kick. They were only down five so two FGs would have won it. 

Give credit to the Packers. They played a very good game on D and of course their offense is fantastic. NE did a good job of limiting them in the second half, but the Pats just couldn't get it rolling on the other side. Too many stalled drives and the penalties hurt them in this one.

If you woke up today without watching the game and only looked at the time-of-possession and overall yards, you'd think that GB rolled in this one. But the Patriots were a play away from taking the lead at the end there. It would have been an amazing catch but the throw to Gronk in the end zone was their best shot and they came up a tiny bit short. As lopsided as it felt at times, Brady had them right where they needed to be, and they just couldn't close the deal.

Any loss sucks, but the Patriots played the NFC's best (and hottest) team to a five-point game in their house. They had no pass rush at all (Rodgers held the ball for literally 11 seconds on one play) but they hung in there. I'd like their chances in a rematch on a neutral field.

GB made more plays, they earned it. Simple as that.

We're on to San Diego. ;)

If Packers make that field goal and Adams catches that sure TD pass, this game wouldn't have been as close as it looked.

I think if Gostkowski didn't shank that one, they would have tried an onside kick. They were only down five so two FGs would have won it. 

Agreed. However, I dont think Brady was particularly sharp in this one, but the killer was the touchdown right before the half. To be honest I expected a close game, and wasnt surprised at all in the loss nor was I upset in the least about it. 

If Packers make that field goal and Adams catches that sure TD pass, this game wouldn't have been as close as it looked.

Only a couple of 'IFS' in that one, Shane...but you're right. IF a lot of things happened differently than they actually did, then yes, the game would have looked different. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 1, 2014 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, December 1, 2014 - baiting

Only a couple of 'IFS' in that one, Shane...but you're right. IF a lot of things happened differently than they actually did, then yes, the game would have looked different.

Welcome back dynasty of *

that's my point, if Adams makes that simple catch, it's a 9 point lead and even if Gronk makes that catch, they would have been still short.

That's football. If the refs bothered to call all the blatant push offs on the Packers receivers then the Pats are probably up in the fourth quarter instead of behind.

Ridiculous. Hater. Nonsense. But that's what you do right? 

Brady expressed frustration at failing to punch it in when they had the ball at the GB 20 with around 3:00 left.

And at not getting one more crack at it.

So the golden child stomping back and forth screaming F-bombs on national TV just because the opponent made a play is completely acceptable to you?

The Packers' defense surprised me. Julius Peppers always had good length to tip balls at the line of scrimmage much like Jason Pierre Paul of the Giants did to Brady and his addition opposite Clay Mathews and with both healthy, they are a tough team to beat.

Plus, Rodgers' ball placement and arm strength, my goodness is unbelievable. It was just a misstep from Revis to open his hips a tad too early and Rodgers' pass to Nelson was on the money and he was off to the races. This game was about the Packers' ability to keep Brady on the sidelines, primarily due to Rodgers. That is the same tactic the Chargers will employ because that is what they love to do.

Of all the remaining games, last night was the one to lose. If we see them again in February, i'll be more confident then than I was yesterday. Rodgers played well and they deserved to win. If we win out we keep the #1 seed and it will be hard for anyone to walk into Gillette against this team in January and win. 

So the golden child stomping back and forth screaming F-bombs on national TV just because the opponent made a play is completely acceptable to you?

Are you serious with this? Was Revis slamming his helmet down after the TD catch against him to end the half also a tantrum? Football is emotional and four language is common on the sidelines.

Are you serious with this? Was Revis slamming his helmet down after the TD catch against him to end the half also a tantrum? Football is emotional and four language is common on the sidelines.

More excuses...  I'm done with this subject.  It was classless and low and showed a complete lack of poise and no amount of excusing will change that.  If you disagree I honestly do not care.

I can't believe BB went for the FG instead of letting their best two players (Brady/Gronk) try to win the game. Very unusual. Gronk was that close to hauling it in two plays earlier.

Jumping in late- I was thinking the same thing but didn't realize it was 4th and 12.(or was it 4&18) FG was prolly the right choice to bring it to two.

If you can't get GB off the field- oh well.

Of all the remaining games, last night was the one to lose. If we see them again in February, i'll be more confident then than I was yesterday. Rodgers played well and they deserved to win. If we win out we keep the #1 seed and it will be hard for anyone to walk into Gillette against this team in January and win. 

think loss in close game to Rams 01 regular season ;)

Jumping in late- I was thinking the same thing but didn't realize it was 4th and 12.(or was it 4&18) FG was prolly the right choice to bring it to two.

If you can't get GB off the field- oh well.

If they had made up their mind to go for a 4th down, they should have run a play on 3rd down to get some valuable yards to make it a reasonable 4th down, not 4th down and 18. I don't think they did that, they wanted to win it outright and went for the home run and it backfired. If it were 4th and 8, they would have probably gone for it.