Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions will not fine or suspend Lions Raiola

B~Town

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be locked if people can't be civil.  Furthermore a link needs to be given to any news. That is in the rules.

Well that is kinda the reason I thought it would end up being locked. Just based on history of certain posters that will be attracted to this.

Raiola told @davebirkett he dove at Zach Moore's knees in retaliation for Blount's 2nd TD when he felt the Pats should've taken a knee.

— Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe)

November 23, 2014

So it looks like the league will have very little work to do when it comes to reviewing this incident, and will at least fine him for his actions even if he doesn't think they will. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2277888-dominic-raiola-admits-to-diving-at-zach-moores-knees-on-final-play-of-the-game

So it looks like the league will have very little work to do when it comes to reviewing this incident, and will at least fine him for his actions even if he doesn't think they will. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2277888-dominic-raiola-admits-to-diving-at-zach-moores-knees-on-final-play-of-the-game

These people continually incriminate themselves on social media.

thank you. Media close to league source says so. However the coach, Jim Caldwell says it's under review by the league so until they make a decision we'll keep as is.

For what it's worth it was edited with the update from earlier today about no fine or suspension .

For what it's worth it was edited with the update from earlier today about no fine or suspension .

thanks. The only reason we have a rule to put a link to news is otherwise the board would/could be rumor filled.

Maybe he tripped and lunged forward :)

Its not whether it was an illegal play..it was an intentional (by his own words) shot at the pats players knee.

Its still wrong....why he said he did it was wrong.

That's the definition of a cheap shot

In all my time I don't think I have ever heard a guy flat out admit what he did was malicious like this dude. I understand going after someone in the heat of the battle, but what he did was pretty stupid... and to admit it was even stupider.  

This play reminds me of when former Tampa Bucs HC Greg Schiano pulled a dumb stunt like this on an end of game take a knee play when the game was already decided. Really lame in both cases. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/sports/football/greg-schiano-buccaneers-coach-defends-final-play-of-loss-to-giants.html?_r=0

No one likes losing, but you've gotta show class to the team who beat you & not act like a child with a temper tantrum. Grow up Mr. Raiola. Sigh...

Maybe he tripped and lunged forward :)

No, that was no accident JJ. It was deliberate & intentional. He knew what he was doing & why he did it. Trust me. Raiola darted forward like a missile with exact coordinates locked & loaded baby. 

Let me put it this way, if we lose to Dallas & I saw an INDY player do that, I chew them out 6 ways to Sunday because if we lose by being dominated & I see a cheap shot regardless of what team it is I'm calling that player out. You win & lose with class reserving all venting for the locker room. 

Oh noes, moral compass and good guy badge alert.

This is a violent game....don't matter how dirty it was or not. Given what this game is centered around (mindless violence that gets players hurt every Sunday) you would have to blame the entire game and not just point out one or two players. That's the irony of the NFL acting like they care about making the game safer when all they do is dish out fines back and forth and then the most fine you can get is from not talking to the media or saying a bunch of F bombs. That is worth 100K, that's worse than trying to paralyze a poor guy just cause it's a game.

This is a violent game....don't matter how dirty it was or not. Given what this game is centered around (mindless violence that gets players hurt every Sunday) you would have to blame the entire game and not just point out one or two players. That's the irony of the NFL acting like they care about making the game safer when all they do is dish out fines back and forth and then the most fine you can get is from not talking to the media or saying a bunch of F bombs. That is worth 100K, that's worse than trying to paralyze a poor guy just cause it's a game.

Yeah Bogie, I agree all this emphasis on concussion prevention has forced more players to target the knees now to avoid costly field position penalties during games & yes, it does seem ridiculous that a failure to address the media is worth of $50 grand worth more than some live hits. 

Detroit is not going to punish which is surprising given Caldwell's MO this year to make them a more disciplined team.

But a chop block is absolutely illegal and a flag should have been thrown on the play. Also the fact that Raiola said he was trying to do it in retaliation against the Pats scoring should draw something from the league I would hope.

But as I said on the previous thread, the best part is Detroit has to root hard for the Pats Sunday to beat the Packers so they can stay in the division race. That must really burn them. :)

I'm sorry but no. It's perfectly possible to play a full contact sport hard but not play it dirty. From my own experiences you can play an "violent" sport and kick lumps out of each other during the game but shake hands after and say good game. No holding back, no being "soft" as if often tossed around here, just playing hard and fair. 

Now if someone started doing things that were out of line.. different story. People tend to have long memories for that sort of thing and it will catch up will you eventually. 

Yeah Bogie, I agree all this emphasis on concussion prevention has forced more players to target the knees now to avoid costly field position penalties during games & yes, it does seem ridiculous that a failure to address the media is worth of $50 grand worth more than some live hits. 

A fair point Southwest for other incidents, Dustin Keller springs to mind. However this is not the case here, even though it might be within the rules of the game it's clearly a cheap shot. 

I don't understand how Caldwell can say we don't condone this sort of thing and yet not punish the player. The Lions have been notorious for this type of behavior whether it be Suh stepping on the Packers lineman face or kicking Schaub in the privates. They have to be the biggest bunch of sore losers and it effects them at the end of the season. They should have run away with the North last year with Rodgers missing half the season and they were not even in it the final game. I like Caldwell a lot and I think he is doing a great job this season but it is these types of plays late in the year that he has to be all over.

Just have to stop everyone here to point out that IF THE ROLES HAD BEEN REVERSED HERE, THE ENTIRE NFL WATCHING UNIVERSE WOULD BE LOSING ITS COLLECTIVE MIND!!!!!!

The Patriots would be getting ripped left and right and Belichick would be vilified. 

This was a loser move by a loser player who was losing a game... badly. I love Tedy Bruschi's take on it: 

A. I said this in the Bruschi's Breakdown last week. This is an offensive line that looks to get their shots. That was a nice way of saying they will cheap shot you at times, so don't stand around the pile and have yourself ready at all times. I remember playing against Detroit in Gillette Stadium and Mike Vrabel had an INT, with Raiola hitting him on the sideline to give him a concussion. I'm sure the Patriots were aware of Raiola and his history. First of all, you're glad no one got hurt. But you know you absolutely beat someone up when they get frustrated like that, and they decide to be tough when the game is over. You want to fight now? You want to come strong now? The game is over and now you want to talk trash and have this energy? What happened when the game was going on? We used to call these guys "fake tough guys" in the locker room. I get emotional about this because people still get mad about "running up the score" -- this isn't Pop Warner, this isn't high school or college. This is professional football. The games are played once a week. Defensively, we always knew our job was stop the offense and if we couldn't get that done, it was our fault. If you can't stop a team and they're scoring 50 points on you, whose fault is that? That's all I have to say.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/page/bruschiontap-1124/bruschi-tap-new-england-patriots-keep-their-edge

Just have to stop everyone here to point out that IF THE ROLES HAD BEEN REVERSED HERE, THE ENTIRE NFL WATCHING UNIVERSE WOULD BE LOSING ITS COLLECTIVE MIND!!!!!!

The Patriots would be getting ripped left and right and Belichick would be vilified. 

This was a loser move by a loser player who was losing a game... badly. I love Tedy Bruschi's take on it: 

A. I said this in the Bruschi's Breakdown last week. This is an offensive line that looks to get their shots. That was a nice way of saying they will cheap shot you at times, so don't stand around the pile and have yourself ready at all times. I remember playing against Detroit in Gillette Stadium and Mike Vrabel had an INT, with Raiola hitting him on the sideline to give him a concussion. I'm sure the Patriots were aware of Raiola and his history. First of all, you're glad no one got hurt. But you know you absolutely beat someone up when they get frustrated like that, and they decide to be tough when the game is over. You want to fight now? You want to come strong now? The game is over and now you want to talk trash and have this energy? What happened when the game was going on? We used to call these guys "fake tough guys" in the locker room. I get emotional about this because people still get mad about "running up the score" -- this isn't Pop Warner, this isn't high school or college. This is professional football. The games are played once a week. Defensively, we always knew our job was stop the offense and if we couldn't get that done, it was our fault. If you can't stop a team and they're scoring 50 points on you, whose fault is that? That's all I have to say.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/page/bruschiontap-1124/bruschi-tap-new-england-patriots-keep-their-edge

Great stuff from Tedy.

Can't wait to see how Raiola reacts to Rodgers dropping a bomb on him the last week of the season at Lambeau. I can assure you that there will be no mercy from Rodgers.

zzzz...zzzzzzz. If  NE didn't cheat , run up scores and act arrogantly , there would not be talk like this.

So your basis for NE getting cheap shotted is based on a rules violation from 7 years ago and that their offense scores too many points?

So your basis for NE getting cheap shotted is based on a rules violation from 7 years ago and that their offense scores too many points?

No.... I'm responding to the statements that say fan bases would be angry if the situation were reversed. You must read posts and give a good effort to understand what the poster is saying rather than just spout off.

What I responded to was ....."amfootball, on 25 Nov 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

snapback.png

Are you denying that there wouldn't be a media storm if the Pats had done the chop block on a kneel down?

Other words I'm giving opinion to why maybe some fans don't like the Pats...

So your point is that fanbases don't like the Pats? We already knew that but that is because of all the winning.

Riola is just a meathead and you know it.

America doesn't hate very team with a good winning tradition. I mean.. it has been 9 years since they  won their last championship. Riola ... geez if the Pats are going to play to the final second .. why can't he ? If he made an illegal play , throw the flag.