Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Losing To Seahawks Big

ColtsBlueFL

Desean Jackson was visibly upset about this loss to media in the locker room. He wasn't in the mood for dumb questions, which is fine, but it's unfortunate he was so honest about his feelings. At the end of the video, he flat out just turns his back on the media.

http://www.nfl.com/v..._content_stream

I think this loss pretty much seals Andy Reid's fate. The Eagles will continue to ride him out until they find a successor, but overall it's not looking good.

I live outside philly and watch all the eagles team. Their team is in ruin. If you want to see a team whose players have quit just watch them. Jackson is gone after this year or he will be franchised and then traded. Andy is most likely gone. The few bright spots on the team is lesean mccoy. A beastly runner who is a stand-up guy. Handles the media well and goes out and plays ball every week.

well D. Jackson will be gone for sure thats almost written in stone, alot of talent on that team, but has battled injures, they will be fine next year

i dont think they will be fine next year. They dont have a healthy qb n are going to implement a new defensive system. They arent like us who can deal with a new d scheme b/c they dont have a hof qb. Eagles are in a rebuilding situation.

i dont think they will be fine next year. They dont have a healthy qb n are going to implement a new defensive system. They arent like us who can deal with a new d scheme b/c they dont have a hof qb. Eagles are in a rebuilding situation.

When you have Vick you always have a chance, and pending their health i think they have a valid shot at their division especially with the Defensive talent they have under contract, despite scheme change

When you have Vick you always have a chance, and pending their health i think they have a valid shot at their division especially with the Defensive talent they have under contract, despite scheme change

vick was overrated. I think most people realized that this year. He had one really good year and that was last year. He cant last an entire season. He would need to win every game he did play for them to make the playoffs. Dont get me wrong he can be extremely dangerous at times but not consistently. He also isnt clutch. Truthfully i think after next year eagles will opt out of his contract. I think the eagles are in a period of transition/possibly-rebuilding stage.

vick was overrated. I think most people realized that this year. He had one really good year and that was last year. He cant last an entire season. He would need to win every game he did play for them to make the playoffs. Dont get me wrong he can be extremely dangerous at times but not consistently. He also isnt clutch. Truthfully i think after next year eagles will opt out of his contract. I think the eagles are in a period of transition/possibly-rebuilding stage.

I just think elusive QB's do not work in the current NFL. What teams need are consistent leadership at the QB position (ex. Colts, Packers, Patriots, Steelers), but how can they provide that - if they're elusive QB's - when they're on the bench? Players are getting faster and stronger than ever before. Records are being smashed regularly. With the advent of the increased passing game comes defenses stacking guys with extra speed and DC's installing fearsome pass-rushing packages.

What the Eagles need is a solid pocket passer who can remain upright.

I just think elusive QB's do not work in the current NFL. What teams need are consistent leadership at the QB situation (ex. Colts, Packers, Patriots), but how can they provide that, as an elusive QB, if they're on the bench? Players are getting faster and stronger than ever before. Records are being smashed regularly. With the advent of passing threats comes defenses stacking guys with extra speed and fearsome pass-rushing packages.

i couldn't agree more. I think their season would have gone much better if they just an average qb who could make throws from the pocket. Someone like alex smith. They should really look at someone in this draft. They'll have a high pick and there are a lot of good qbs. They could get RG3 or Jones. RG3 would be really good there imo, since he is a pocket passer but he can run if you dare him to. He wants to throw it though, not run it so he is different than Vick. And he has Vick speed when he runs. That would also enable the eagles to still do what they want to on the offensive side.

I just think elusive QB's do not work in the current NFL. What teams need are consistent leadership at the QB position (ex. Colts, Packers, Patriots, Steelers), but how can they provide that - if they're elusive QB's - when they're on the bench? Players are getting faster and stronger than ever before. Records are being smashed regularly. With the advent of the increased passing game comes defenses stacking guys with extra speed and DC's installing fearsome pass-rushing packages.

I do think elusive qbs that have the throw first mentality like Ben Rothlesberger have worked and will continue to work. Also adding Cam Newton in that mix as well. The Eagles do have some interesting decisions to make with Vick and Reid.