Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos' weaknesses are shaky special teams and that includes their kicker

chad72

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Peyton for his career maintained the pace he's set since joining the Broncos he would have passed Brett Favre's 509 career TD passes -- which took Favre 20 seasons to compile -- in just 11 full seasons.

Peyton's Denver years have been his best years.

If Peyton for his career maintained the pace he's set since joining the Broncos he would have passed Brett Favre's 509 career TD passes -- which took Favre 20 seasons to compile -- in just 11 full seasons.

Peyton's Denver years have been his best years.

Amazing what having some semblance of defense can do that doesn't get slowly marched on just to roll over for 7.

His special teams and coach are still....questionable, to say the least. Those are Denver's Achilles heel right now. They almost always lose the return/punt field position battle, and Fox is as conservative as they come. I would hope Denver learned something from the 24-0 comeback at NE last year not to let off the gas. Knowing Fox I doubt it.

T.J. Ward on Julian Edelman, seriously, Jack Del Rio, is this the best you can come up with? Pathetic.

Overrated coaches carried by Peyton without plan B, as always. Bad move by John Elway on letting go of Matt Prater.

After seeing Peyton's wobbly throws, I'm convinced his receivers make him look better than he really is at his age.

T.J. Ward on Julian Edelman, seriously, Jack Del Rio, is this the best you can come up with? Pathetic.

Overrated coaches carried by Peyton without plan B, as always. Bad move by John Elway on letting go of Matt Prater.

You were right about special teams, but Matt Prater has been terrible this year. They could have signed Catanzaro (I wanted the Colts to sign him, if AV retired), or gotten their hands on Parkey, or a handful of other kickers who were available this year. To be honest, McManus has been pretty solid. He has two 53 yard misses, and then today's miss was by a hair, with plenty of leg, in a windy situation in a stadium where the air swirls.

Teams coverage has been shaky, but I don't think their kicker is a problem. And I DEFINITELY don't think they should have stuck with Matt Prater.

You were right about special teams, but Matt Prater has been terrible this year. They could have signed Catanzaro (I wanted the Colts to sign him, if AV retired), or gotten their hands on Parkey, or a handful of other kickers who were available this year. To be honest, McManus has been pretty solid. He has two 53 yard misses, and then today's miss was by a hair, with plenty of leg, in a windy situation in a stadium where the air swirls.

Teams coverage has been shaky, but I don't think their kicker is a problem. And I DEFINITELY don't think they should have stuck with Matt Prater.

There is something to be said for a player playing well for a certain team. Prater was the best kicker in Denver's history. I know he had his DUI issues but I don't think you cut him. He was great at mile high.

In terms of McManus, they did not let him kick again after that miss which was from 41. That may have shaken his confidence somewhat.

There is something to be said for a player playing well for a certain team. Prater was the best kicker in Denver's history. I know he had his DUI issues but I don't think you cut him. He was great at mile high.

In terms of McManus, they did not let him kick again after that miss which was from 41. That may have shaken his confidence somewhat.

Mostly game situations for McManus yesterday, although some were borderline. 

Prater, he had a serious problem. Another slip-up, and he'd be out longer than four games. And now you've cut a pretty good kicker in order to keep him, you're bent over. McManus has been fine, I don't think they have a kicker issue. And I get why they moved on, and more to the original point, I don't think Denver regrets releasing him just because McManus missed one yesterday.