Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What I think we need to become legit Super Bowl contenders...

needanoline63

Colts are there.  What they need is to cut down on the turnovers and penalties. 

Honestly if you asked most people who the best teams in the NFL right now you are going to get three answers from most People, Broncos, Cowboys, and Eagles.  Colts nearly beat one of those teams on the road and completely shut down their high powered offense in the second half minus one drive, which was set up by a turnover, and should have beaten the Eagles if again not for a turnover.  They haven't played the Cowboys yet clearly but make no mistake the Colts have proven they can hang with the best teams in the NFL and if they clean up a couple of things they can beat them. 

Yeah I don't like to count that Eagles game as a loss. On paper it is but we kicked their tail up and down the field. We blew it ourself. Refs didn't help either but that game was ours to lose. Maybe it just took those two games to get our act in gear. Cause the pedal has been to the floor ever since. Not how you start but how you finish the season.

I hate that people arn't giving Toler credit this year. He is playing very well and having the best year of his career. I will admit I hated the signing at first but I absolutely love Greg Toler this year. I can agree about the safety situation. Adams has been great but we could use an upgrade opposite of him. as for OLB, Werner and Walden have been great but a star pass rusher wouldn't hurt. I wish we could pull off a trade for somebody like Tamba Hali or local boy Kerrigan who is dominating this year in DC, but assuming we don't make any moves we're still a Super Bowl contender right now, and a top 3 team in the league IMO.

A cornerback away? Huh?

Davis-Toler-Butler are as good as your going to get for a top 3. Gordy at #4.....I guess we could stand to improve on him a bit. He's fine as a player though, and certainly is not preventing us from being a Super Bowl contender by being our #4 cornerback.

Cornerback.....what a bizarre position to cite as a weakness.

I think Gordy is a great #4

Colts are there.  What they need is to cut down on the turnovers and penalties

Honestly if you asked most people who the best teams in the NFL right now you are going to get three answers from most People, Broncos, Cowboys, and Eagles.  Colts nearly beat one of those teams on the road and completely shut down their high powered offense in the second half minus one drive, which was set up by a turnover, and should have beaten the Eagles if again not for a turnover.  They haven't played the Cowboys yet clearly but make no mistake the Colts have proven they can hang with the best teams in the NFL and if they clean up a couple of things they can beat them.

Turnovers is my only critique with this team. This is the most well rounded Colts team I have ever seen

with all three areas of Offense, defense and special teams playing the best as can be expected.

We are at least a cornerback and good safety away from being really good. I think one of those two pickups would be the last nail in the coffin

Maybe a safety.  But Toler and Davis have played really well. 

I mean yesterday against the Bengals they where both shut down corners.

Maybe a safety.  But Toler and Davis have played really well. 

I mean yesterday against the Bengals they where both shut down corners.

when Butler gets healthy I'd put Davis, Toler, and Butler up against any teams top three corners for best three corners on a team in the league. They have been asked to play man coverage with little help all season and they win just about every play. That's unheard of in today's NFL.