Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting History , Will It Repeat With Front Office Making Sweeping Changes Like In 97

bayone

As Per Stampede blue bias but if factual

near articles end is this

The 0-10 start for the 1997 Colts cost head coach Lindy Infante and general manager Bill Tobin their jobs. Clearly, this 0-11 start should end the tenures of Jim Caldwell, Chris Polian, and Bill Polian in Indianapolis at the end of the season. If it does not, the only person 'asleep' is Jim Irsay himself, and is useless tweets written in an obviously shallow effort to convey 'anger' to fans ring hallow unless he is willing to enforce drastic change within the Colts.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/11/27/2591065/nfl-week-12-recap-panthers-27-colts-19#storyjump

there will be no changes in indy after the season,owner, front office all seem to think as if by magic all will be good next year

Your name says where u stand on the issue, Give u credit for putting your view on all your posts with that name

There is a difference between the overall records of Bill Tobin's Colts and Bill Polian's. Tobin put together a bunch of 9-7 teams with one playoff win in 2 appearances. Polian put together a team that has had 8 years of 12+ wins and 2 Super Bowl appearances with 11 playoff appearances.

Do I think Polian should be absolutely safe? Not really, this is abysmal. But I do think Irsay will look at Polian's track record here, which was seen as great until a few years ago, and probably keep him around. Caldwell will be the fall guy, though it's not like he doesn't deserve it.

I expect some changes at Colts, but don't think it would be sweeping.

New HC will be named, who builds up his own staff. Polians will stay.

I would be surprised if there wouldn't be any changes.

There are several questions about next season:

Who is gonna be the next HC?

Will Manning be able to play?

How can we use no.1 pick in draft?

Will D and ST be improved?

Will we draft quality backups for key positions?

And several others...

There is a difference between the overall records of Bill Tobin's Colts and Bill Polian's. Tobin put together a bunch of 9-7 teams with one playoff win in 2 appearances. Polian put together a team that has had 8 years of 12+ wins and 2 Super Bowl appearances with 11 playoff appearances.

Do I think Polian should be absolutely safe? Not really, this is abysmal. But I do think Irsay will look at Polian's track record here, which was seen as great until a few years ago, and probably keep him around. Caldwell will be the fall guy, though it's not like he doesn't deserve it.

Thats true. but Bill has been passing the torch, can Chris handle it & does he deserve it after this year

I love the years Bill gave us, but yet I still think , and not saying its his fault as alot of scouts are involved, the team wasnt designed as an all around team and as we see, it was all peyton, We never really stopped the run save that post season SB run in all those years and that was a fallacy in DT style drafting

Not all credit to Bill too, I once rea, and no link sorry , it was Moore than told Bill about Clark and pressed for his drafting, so BEHIND THE SCENEs we just dont really know all the info

But something has to change after this season &b yes most liley HC and others below the polians take the hit

Yesterdays game was the most emotional i have ever scene Caldwell, Wait till after the Pats & ravens games I wonder if he will continue and we almost came back yesterday

Got to say, IF WE Could Beat Pats In Foxboro by some miracle it would make my day, I'd love to say season but really cant

The only impressive thing Bill Polian did was to draft a hard-to-miss QB and it was in last century. People like us could make this decision without missing.

The "8 years of 12+ wins and 2 Super Bowl appearances" were all due to the greatness of this QB, and considering his talent BP has failed to make the most of it since his FO have failed to build a decent team around him to get him maybe 3-4 SBs he well deserved.

Chris Polian is on a lame duck contract in 2012 anyway, his contract expires after tge 2012 season. If there is one thing I would do, even if Peyton retires, I would at least want to see Chris Polian operate with one more draft (hopefully like the 2011 one), a few more free agency moves, and a new set of coaches to evaluate what he can do. I think the Polians have earned that right for at least 1 more year.

its hard to blame Polian on this one, he has a very good track record over 3 franchises but I dont know how much Chris had to do with it

It's hard to put a lot of blame on Chris since he just recently took over the GM duties. This winless debacle was years in the making and most people knew it was going to happen eventually if Manning got hurt or when he retired.

The only impressive thing Bill Polian did was to draft a hard-to-miss QB and it was in last century. People like us could make this decision without missing.

The "8 years of 12+ wins and 2 Super Bowl appearances" were all due to the greatness of this QB, and considering his talent BP has failed to make the most of it since his FO have failed to build a decent team around him to get him maybe 3-4 SBs he well deserved.

this whole idea that the past decade of success is due just to Peyton is not only laughable, but insulting to every player who has been a Colt during that time. I dare anyone to go up to Jeff Saturday or Dallas Clark, or Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne or Dwight Freeney and say that to their face....

this whole idea that the past decade of success is due just to Peyton is not only laughable, but insulting to every player who has been a Colt during that time. I dare anyone to go up to Jeff Saturday or Dallas Clark, or Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne or Dwight Freeney and say that to their face....

It may be laughable and insulting to the other players but unfortunately it is true. How many games did the other players win with Manning? 115 or so over the last 10 years. How many have they won sans Manning? Zip, zero, nada, none! Wait, I forgot they did win that one preseason game so maybe you're right.

It may be laughable and insulting to the other players but unfortunately it is true. How many games did the other players win with Manning? 115 or so over the last 10 years. How many have they won sans Manning? Zip, zero, nada, none! Wait, I forgot they did win that one preseason game so maybe you're right.

Now don't be using facts, that is not fair. lol, I am sure he will try to dig up stats to prove you wrong. Funny I was going to type almost your exact reply, but have given up on the guy.

Now don't be using facts, that is not fair. lol, I am sure he will try to dig up stats to prove you wrong. Funny I was going to type almost your exact reply, but have given up on the guy.

I thought that he had disappeared for good but he's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Saturday may deserve it. Clark has proven he is a product of his QB. Harrison is debatable since he has never survived any physical playoff game and the year we won the SB he was not a big factor. Wayne is OK. Freeney is one-dimensional and partially a reason for our run defense to suck.

How about looking at other teams and how quickly they have been progressing? For example, have you looked at the talent level of the Texans? Don't say they improve only because they draft high. Arian Foster was undrafted. Now they are down to the third QB and they will still win and go to the playoff.