Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roof Open - Window Closed

Jim H.

If they cared about the viewers @ home watching on tv, the roof should only be open for select night gms. I hate watching games with all those shadows

Lucas Stadium is designed to be opened when ever it can be for football games. That is why it was built that way. Caring about the viewer at home don't have anything to do with it.

If they cared about the viewers @ home watching on tv, the roof should only be open for select night gms. I hate watching games with all those shadows

vxx_whining.png

Your shtick is getting old, amigo. It is a beautiful fall afternoon here in Indy so suck it up buttercup.

It is a good day. When you go to a football game...you expect it to be a little cold..

Its not baseball.

For the folks inside the LOS...this should be perfect

I went to the Notre Dame game yesterday. Very wet and chilly. But i warmed up after that last TD

Maybe that's why you've missed all of lucks bombs the lat 3yrs. Adjust the brightness in your TV.

The roof is closed so they said on the radio...     too windy?  Jeez

That retractable roof was a huge waste of money.

The roof was put on to entice more summertime events like Monster Jam, Motorcross, and concerts to the venue. Not football. 

I'm pretty sure that has been made clear about 135 billion times. 

Christ almighty I get tired of this roof rhetoric. 

I thought it was against NFL rules to close it at any time during a game? That it had to remain the way it was at the start of the game through the end of the game.

That's what i said to my wife after she pointed out that the rod was closed at halftime. My only guess would be player safety. If it had started to rain and rain hard with no drainage the field would turn unplayable pretty quick.

I thought it was against NFL rules to close it at any time during a game? That it had to remain the way it was at the start of the game through the end of the game.

It can only be ordered closed by the officials in the event of potential precipitation. Of course if it's closed, it stays closed no matter what

Interesting they closed it at halftime. One of these days I'd like to see it closing while play is taking place on the field :)

The roof was put on to entice more summertime events like Monster Jam, Motorcross, and concerts to the venue. Not football. 

I'm pretty sure that has been made clear about 135 billion times. 

Christ almighty I get tired of this roof rhetoric. 

it is still the biggest waste of money Indy has ever spent on tax payer money.    

PERIOD>

oh and I'm not SCREAMING...   I just raised my voice....  :)

it is still the biggest waste of money Indy has ever spent on tax payer money.

PERIOD>

oh and I'm not SCREAMING... I just raised my voice.... :)

. Nah..... I think it's pretty sweet, but that's just my opinion and you know the rest.

Didn't Irsay pony up $100M to pay for the retractable roof? 

I was at the game and I was surprised that the roof was even open.  Usually if there is any chance of rain the roof stays closed.  It's too much of a risk to have it open only to have it malfunction when trying to close it if a rain shower pops up. 

I think Irsay called in and told them to close the roof so we would have more crowd noise.  They even put a graphic up on the big screen in the second half thanking the fans for the piped in crowd noise.  It was really loud in there after they closed the roof and it really affected the Ravens. 

Rain was moving in so they closed the roof! Not becuase of crowd noise or anything else!

It is NOT suppose to rain in LOS. There is no drainage system, the water would build up and the turf would get slippery. LOS just isn't made for rainy weather becuase it has a roof.

Rain was moving in on the radar. That is why they closed it at halftime.

Not sure why people complain so much!?

Just becuase I wouldn't want to sit outside in the rain or snow for 3 hours doesn't mean I'm not a for hard fan! Go to an away game and you can get that experience!

Rain was moving in so they closed the roof! Not becuase of crowd noise or anything else!

It is NOT suppose to rain in LOS. There is no drainage system, the water would build up and the turf would get slippery. LOS just isn't made for rainy weather becuase it has a roof.

Rain was moving in on the radar. That is why they closed it at halftime.

Not sure why people complain so much!?

Just becuase I wouldn't want to sit outside in the rain or snow for 3 hours doesn't mean I'm not a for hard fan! Go to an away game and you can get that experience!

I believe I also read that the electronics where not weatherized either.  Rain could fry the scoreboards.

heeheheee ya...   Monster truck shows...    moto...    DIRT..      ya.. they really are welcoming an OPEN AIR arena?

Whatever...       NFL teams need to just decide ...     Open or IN,.... 

I applaud Minny,,,           GB embraces their cold weather dates...      Colt fan ...   WHAAHHHHH      it's so CoLD.. .    WHAA

Good Lordy....

. Nah..... I think it's pretty sweet, but that's just my opinion and you know the rest.

NFL ball is meant for the out doors...       * on all the little events that the Indy IBC or whatever ... they think they are so cute.

the roof was a BUST.

They wanted a dome for the $$$$    yet they also wanted the "outdoor" experience of NFL football ...    Which We Colt fans get to enjoy how many times a year?      It goes below 50 degrees and OMFG shut the roof. 

OK .. . IM out of this debate...     Carry on.

Well i wouldn't have seasons tickets if they played outside. I wear shorts for all but at most 4wks a year and if my choices are drive 9hrs round trip and spend about $500 each game (tickets, hotel, gas, and food and drinks) or stay home and watch from the comfort of my coach. Id choose to stay home.