Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers for MVP!

bap1331

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Watt is the MVP by a lot this year through 4 games. IF the Texans get to the playoffs and he is NOT MVP, it will be a travesty.

He's basically to that defense what Peyton Manning is to an offense. He masks SO MANY deficiencies on that side of the ball for the Texans it's crazy. If he weren't there, then that would probably be one of the most porous front 7's going. They already struggle to stop the run as is. Add in the mediocrity they have at QB, with their aging WR and RB, and that is a team being single handedly carried on Watt's manly shoulders.

I have no regrets in how man crush-y that sounded. J.J. Watt is too good not to crush on him.

League MVPs rarely also win the Super Bowl the same year. Warner was the last to do it 1999.

Mutually exclusive. MvP and the SB winner. 

MvP would be more aptly named "QB of the Year Award", though rarely a non-QB will get the title. 

Mutually exclusive. MvP and the SB winner. 

MvP would be more aptly named "QB of the Year Award", though rarely a non-QB will get the title. 

I agree but I think the OP was saying he would rather have Luck win the SB rather than the league MVP because rarely does the league MVP win the SB.

I agree but I think the OP was saying he would rather have Luck win the SB rather than the league MVP because rarely does the league MVP win the SB.

There isn't a single Colt fan that would rather him win MvP. Conversely, NOT winning the MvP doesn't mean jack or squat diddly toward winning the SB. 

That is why curses are silly. ;)

The only MVP anyone wants is SB MVP. :thmup:

Aye!

And for what it's worth, I think this talk about Brady being washed up is bunk. I cannot believe people have the cojones to doubt him.

IMO, his recent slump is an aberration that will quickly be dispelled. 

Aye!

And for what it's worth, I think this talk about Brady being washed up is bunk. I cannot believe people have the cojones to doubt him.

IMO, his recent slump is an aberration that will quickly be dispelled.

He will show that against the Bengals, Ruk....You can bet on it

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Watt is the MVP by a lot this year through 4 games. IF the Texans get to the playoffs and he is NOT MVP, it will be a travesty.

texans always flop in the playoffs. But it maybe the easiest playoff road if Texans get one of the seeds bye week since the Pats are looking horrible. lmao!

Right now IMO it's between Rivers and Luck.

Murray's been fantastic but does anyone actually think he's going to make it through a full season? He never has. Watt's been great but they rarely give it to defensive players. Manning's been great but there are a half dozen QBs who'd be lighting it up with that crew of pass catchers. The media members who vote will hold that against him.

Lots can change, long way to go still.

I take absolutely nothing away from Luck - he's played amazing, especially for as young as he is,.  However, the entirety of the role of QB that Philip is playing is a much bigger one than Luck at this stage of his career.  

Every Colts' fan knows all that Peyton does in being the general of the offense - that's the same role Rivers has finally been allowed to take on himself and THAT is the biggest difference in this team.  His ability has always been there, but Norv micro-managed his offense way too much and didn't trust anyone else to select plays including his QB.

I don't think Peyton can win again because there is a Manning fatigue in the media

Even Sunday..they seemed to say...Peyton was great but that's what we expect...and he's not as good as he was last year.

QBs don't beat teams but Ive head 6 time snow that Phillip Rivers beat Seattle..

He's also MR. 70% ....70% passer for 2 years....Unless they cant beat Denver...its PR

I think he is the front runner but I'm TELLING you know...don't be surprised by the dark horse Russell Wilson. Not only has he been spectacular but he has cult following in the media going now too. They love young qbs..and Phillip may not be the sexy pick. (sorry girlz)

I don't think Peyton can win again because there is a Manning fatigue in the media

Even Sunday..they seemed to say...Peyton was great but that's what we expect...and he's not as good as he was last year.

QBs don't beat teams but Ive head 6 time snow that Phillip Rivers beat Seattle..

He's also MR. 70% ....70% passer for 2 years....Unless they cant beat Denver...its PR

Spot on. Although you have to be a great player to receive the award it's not as illustrious to the players as it is to the fans of his team IMO. I heard Brady say the other day that he doesn't even know where his SB and regular season MVP's are..."packed up somewhere I'm guessing" He did say he knows exactly where his SB rings are. 

I think he is the front runner but I'm TELLING you know...don't be surprised by the dark horse Russell Wilson. Not only has he been spectacular but he has cult following in the media going now too. They love young qbs..and Phillip may not be the sexy pick. (sorry girlz)

LOL!  I'm sure his wife Tiffany, thinks he's sexy enough with their 7 kids :-)

I'm rooting for him, and I'm just glad that people are finally recognizing the qualities that have made him a great leader.  But in the end it won't matter much if we don't get to and win the Super Bowl.

Personally I think his awkward delivery sort of made people not take a closer look, but it's actually one of his strengths.  I used to start the first game of the season and be sort of jarred by seeing him throw and then remember that's his usual motion.   I have seen him throw from every single position possible except left handed, and I bet my husband this week that at some point in his career he will!  I bet he's even practiced throwing leftie just in case  ;)

The aft that he wsa coachable late in his career will be noted..

His new coach last year brought in a new passing scheme and he accepted it...

...That 70% thing..nobody does that..

but you're right GirlFan...it comes down to 2 (maybe 3) meetings with Denver and the old country boy

LOL!  I'm sure his wife Tiffany, thinks he's sexy enough with their 7 kids :-)

I'm rooting for him, and I'm just glad that people are finally recognizing the qualities that have made him a great leader.  But in the end it won't matter much if we don't get to and win the Super Bowl.

Personally I think his awkward delivery sort of made people not take a closer look, but it's actually one of his strengths.  I used to start the first game of the season and be sort of jarred by seeing him throw and then remember that's his usual motion.   I have seen him throw from every single position possible except left handed, and I bet my husband this week that at some point in his career he will!  I bet he's even practiced throwing leftie just in case  ;)

7 kids...Wow, how does Phillip have any energy left to play football?  :lol:  Just kidding! I have a ton of respect for Phillip. The Chargers are my dark horse SB team this year. 

Okay, all together now. Awe...

tiffany-and-philip-rivers-with-latest-ad

I take absolutely nothing away from Luck - he's played amazing, especially for as young as he is,.  However, the entirety of the role of QB that Philip is playing is a much bigger one than Luck at this stage of his career.  

Every Colts' fan knows all that Peyton does in being the general of the offense - that's the same role Rivers has finally been allowed to take on himself and THAT is the biggest difference in this team.  His ability has always been there, but Norv micro-managed his offense way too much and didn't trust anyone else to select plays including his QB.

Very nice post GAFT! I agree with every single solitary word of it especially the last sentence.  :thmup: