Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats over Vikes BIG!

Sports Central1

Pats looked great.

Of course there was no Adrian Peterson and Matt Casell isn't an elite QB.

The Pats looked like they fixed many of their problems that they had against the Dolphins.

Cassel's days as the starting qb in Minnesota are numbered. Those fans want Teddy.

Great all around game. Nice to see. Defense had 4 turnovers and is averaging 3.5 TOs a game. SPs was big with the blocked FG and TD and offense cashed in on the TOs. Just have to clean up the penalties. Secondary looks stout and able to pick off a ball at any time. Nice turn around game after last week. Brady was solid. 

Great all around game. Nice to see. Defense had 4 turnovers and is averaging 3.5 TOs a game. SPs was big with the blocked FG and TD and offense cashed in on the TOs. Just have to clean up the penalties. Secondary looks stout and able to pick off a ball at any time. Nice turn around game after last week. Brady was solid. 

Yeah, was a much better game.  But I stay realistic and say: "It's just the Vikings with no AP and no elite QB."  So I don't get too excited.

Did you see Brady's post game press conference?

Yeah, was a much better game.  But I stay realistic and say: "It's just the Vikings with no AP and no elite QB."  So I don't get too excited.

Did you see Brady's post game press conference?

Road wins are tough to come by so no win is a gimmee in the NFL. Most thought we would roll the Fins as well. I think the defensive adjustments were just what we expected. Guys were in better position and aggressive. This secondary is scary good. I think the O is a work in progress. It still needs to find its identity. We have yet to see Gronk break out so I see it as only going up. Edelman had a heck of a game and they did a better job cashing in on the TOs then they did last week vs the Fins. But for sure more work. Glad to see the run game going with Ridely.

Road wins are tough to come by so no win is a gimmee in the NFL. Most thought we would roll the Fins as well. I think the defensive adjustments were just what we expected. Guys were in better position and aggressive. This secondary is scary good. I think the O is a work in progress. It still needs to find its identity. We have yet to see Gronk break out so I see it as only going up. Edelman had a heck of a game and they did a better job cashing in on the TOs then they did last week vs the Fins. But for sure more work. Glad to see the run game going with Ridely.

If the outside WR's don't get their act together then defenses will just focus on shutting down Edelman and Gronk forcing Brady to throw down field more.  Don't be surprised if d-coordinators start doing that.

Here are my observations after this weeks game:

- Still running the 3-4 defense...I am not sold on this at all, the Patriots defense looked awful in the opening drive of the game and gave up 7.

- Tackling has to be better, they missed couple tackles, they need to do a better job at it.

- Gronk is still far away from his peak form, he hasn't been himself the last two weeks...hopefully we still see better play from him, he has not been getting any separations.

- Besides Edelman I think we don't have any other receivers on this team, they all need to start improving.

With the negatives out of the way I am pleased with the Patriots secondary, they all played well. 

- Jones had a good game, he did a better job today than last week.

- Hightower and Mayo finally playing aggressive, these two guys have a lot of potentials, they are much better at blitzing and stuffing the run than covering.

- The special team play was much better this week!

- I did not see much of Ninkovich as a DE today, which was good, he just isn't good at 3-4.

- Brady had a much better game this week, he made some good deep throws today.