Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Broncos Sunday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts tried to comeback despite being down as much as 24 points, but were still short a touchdown. Peyton doesn't only even the series with the Colts, but helped lead the all-time series by a game, 12 games to 11.

I also feel for you, Steel City Colt.  I  think you would have went through your day easier and more tolerable had the Colts defeated the Broncos again on SNF.

Close game.  We can blame the refs all we want, but the Colts simply didn't come ready to play in the first half.  Let's try to fix things up for next week.  Thanks to everyone for coming out to the forum tonight!

The refs were not to blame. I just hope the NFL makes it a point to call out these refs for bad defensive holding calls like the one in the San Fran vs. Dallas game in which they were calling it on plays with little, or no contact. Then get on them for throwing flags then saying no penalty. That is my takeaway from week one of football.

Holy cow.

We are going to be good this year, just have to fix a couple things. I mean it.

Saw this on twitter and it rings true "The Colts made a million mistakes and only lost by 7 AT Denver."

Not an easy game to open up with, but our team didn't quit and we had a ton of opportunities to take the game. Just have to clean some things up. We'll be fine. GO COLTS!

All in All we did not play well. started to figure things out late. O line made some mistakes but  was not as bad as others want to make them out to be. some half time adjustments we held Denver to 7 second half points. i really expected worse, i feel much better about our season after seeing tonights game. Denvers offense is very good, maybe better than last seasons. I don't think Peyton is throwing 60tds but they have  so many weapons. Their defense is ok our play calling should be to spread defenses out though. Our defense is collectively better... But the top offense from last season is a very tough test for anyone on week one. Philly started of bad today and should be a good matchup to see how our run defense plays. 

The refs were not to blame. I just hope the NFL makes it a point to call out these refs for bad defensive holding calls like the one in the San Fran vs. Dallas game in which they were calling it on plays with little, or no contact. Then get on them for throwing flags then saying no penalty. That is my takeaway from week one of football.

Yeah, they were really bad last year too.  Hopefully they are better as the season goes on

Yes, we lost a tough one but I think being in the situation at the 2 minute warning after being down 24, is a great indication how good we really are.  Denver is one of the best, just imagine if we play 60 minutes!  We had a solid run game and after making adjustments in the 2nd half we stopped one of the best offenses in the league.  It did seem at times we weren't 100% ready, but it is stuff that is easily fixable.  The ball didn't roll our way a lot.  It sucks being 0-1, but Im not worried the least bit.  Everything I've saw around the league with week1 I'd say Colts are a top 5 football team.  Perhaps #2 in the AFC.  If we beat PHI next Monday, I would say we could easily go 12-4 or even better with our schedule.

Broncos also won convincingly without Wes Welker, serving a four-game suspension.

Colts will try to win next Monday Night when the Philadelphia Eagles come to LOS (the building) next Monday Night  Colts move on from their disappointing loss to the Broncos, and try to even their record at 1-1 and .500.  See you back here at the Colts Fan Forum, and GO COLTS!!!! :coltslogo:  :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet:  :nfl:  :coltslogo:  :D