Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

Week 5 RB Question....

Terrence West at Tennessee.....OR.....Pierre Thomas at home versus Tampa Bay?

I also have the option of starting both of them by flexing either West of Thomas instead of flexing one of my WRs....Marcus Colston v TB.....Brian Quick at Philly....or Michael Floyd at Denver.

The Sean Payton factor is what is throwing me off on this one....he's notorious for schizophrenic use of his skill position guys. Normally Colston is a safe start and Pierre Thomas....with Ingram out, you would think...is pretty safe. But then Payton pulls someone like Kenny Stills or freakin' Tavaris Cadet out of his rear end.

My instinct is to go with Floyd at Denver....they're almost certainly gonna need to pass alot to stay in that game after a Bronco bye week. And Arians is all too happy to pass anyway.

This leaves the RB dilemma however.

Thoughts?

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad call I would take the Chargers D.

Teams that are accustomed to winning that get embarrassed tend to come out PO'ed and can put up a lot of points.  Teams that arn't accustomed to winning will roll over.  But the Pats are still accustomed to winning.

Pat's arn't what they used to be but the media is overreacting to one bad loss in KC.  Pats are at home and they where embarrassed and they want to show the world it's a fluke.  

I think the Chargers are the safer play.  Jets always suck on offense.  I don't look personally look for the good defense so much as I look for the terrible offense that they are playing against.  

64f28ccc04db901a043c5bd2de9eae47.jpg

It's amazing the amount of satisfaction you can get from being right when literally everyone else was wrong.

Good trade?

Get: Julius Thomas, Cordarrelle Patterson and Isaiah Crowell

Give: Zach Ertz, Jeremy Maclin, Justin Hunter and Jerick McKinnon

Ehh I havn't been following all those guys closely but the only real good player you are getting is Thomas.  

Patterson hasn't been doing much, he's pretty boom or bust.  Crowell is an ok RB if you don't have anyone else.

Of course I don't know how well the others are doing either.  

Bengals D...Their D is solid all around..Brady is not a mobile as he once was, his O-Line is worse, and he's been way off target lately. I'm thinking at least 4 sacks, a fumble, and 2 int's...Plus, the Bengals are now a ball control team, with Bernard eating a lot of clock, and Dalton has all the weapons on Offense to sustain long, time consuming drives..

Chiefs have Charles back and healthy..Avery is out, but that's not that big a loss, they have a really good TE, and if Bowe has a good game, I see long drives, like they did against the Colts last year. Plus, if De'Anthony Thomas is back, I see great field position all day long, and Kaep is known for turnovers, so the Chiefs might be playing in SF territory a lot this weekend..

Only my opinion, but Cincy D is one of, if not the best, and I wouldn't bench them against anyone, even Peyton..

JMHO

I am glad I went with my gut and benched Cincy D in favor of the 49ers D though the 49ers D did not give me that much, at least the 49ers did not end up in negative territory.

I am glad I went with my gut and benched Cincy D in favor of the 49ers D though the 49ers D did not give me that much, at least the 49ers did not end up in negative territory.

If you look back I was like the only person arguing that starting Cincy against the Pats was a mistake.  Especially over Chargers defense against the Jets. (They shut them out BTW)

People made way too big a deal over the Kansas City loss.  Pat's arn't what they used to be, but they arn't about to roll over in their home stadium.

Good trade?

Get: Julius Thomas, Cordarrelle Patterson and Isaiah Crowell

Give: Zach Ertz, Jeremy Maclin, Justin Hunter and Jerick McKinnon

Julius Thomas >/= to Jeremy maclin.

Patterson >/= ertz

Crowell much > to McKinnon

Crowell < McKinnon and Hunter.

You are getting the better end of this trade. Evaluate your roster and make sure the people you're getting are in positions of need. It's nice to have a bunch of good players. But points on a bench don't win games.

You'll be losing points at wr, but gaining those points back at TE. So your wr core is weakened but a plus at TE. I doubt you'll be playing both Patterson and Hunter so one of those guys is a waste. But you do get a better RB in Crowell over mckinnon.

Would I be silly to drop Montee Ball and pick up Trent Richardson.

I am not deep enough anywhere to make a trade for a good RB. So, I am searching the waiver wire.

i'm reading Ball is only going to be out a month.  I wouldn't drop him at this point.

If you arn't that deep anyplace else it would seem to me that you would have plenty of space elsewhere to make room for Trent.

I need help with fantasy football:

Look at this trade.

Get: Jimmy Graham, Brandin Cooks, Joique Bell and Roy Helu

Give: Zach Ertz, Jeremy Maclin, Knowshon Moreno, Jerick McKinnon and Justin Hunter

Good trade for me?

(16-Team league)

Trade analyzers say you lose, by 7 points a week in that.

The thing is, what do you need? Are you giving up any of your starting players or do they sit the bench most of the time?

By position you're getting a better TE by 5 points, but getting a worse wr by 5 points. But you're also giving an 8.5 pt wr in hunter. But is he someone you start a lot?

Your getting a 9pt and 3 pt RB in bell and helu (Basically a non starter).

You're giving a 4.5 pt and 6.5 point RB in mckinnon and Moreno.

It's not just about the people. You need to analyze you're roster. If you're giving up continuous bench sitters then it's a good trade. If not, you need to think of how your roster will look if you make this trade and if it's worth it.

I doubt you start helu and I don't he starts mckinnon. But it's a toss up between him and Moreno. You're getting Basically 3 people and the 4th is just a filler to make it look even.

1. Given that Megatron may be out for next week, do I bench Matt Stafford in favor of Big Ben?

2. Also for a Flex option should I use Kelvin Bejamin@Cin, Ahmad Bradshaw@Hou, or Rueben Randle@Phil

Right now leading towards Randle.  Giants passing offense is firing up and they will need it against Philly.  I'm however somewhat tempted by Bradshaw @ Houston.

1. Given that Megatron may be out for next week, do I bench Matt Stafford in favor of Big Ben?

2. Also for a Flex option should I use Kelvin Bejamin@Cin, Ahmad Bradshaw@Hou, or Rueben Randle@Phil

Right now leading towards Randle.  Giants passing offense is firing up and they will need it against Philly.  I'm however somewhat tempted by Bradshaw @ Houston.

For #2....Since you are in my league, and our records are tied ( you have more total points than I have), lets just say that you look at the one you are thinking of going with, and the player that I'm starting this week, and you decide...(read the little box review for both players) ...

Its your choice...

Right now leading towards Randle. Giants passing offense is firing up and they will need it against Philly. I'm however somewhat tempted by Bradshaw @ Houston.

The matchup with Minnesota is more favorable than ben at Cleveland. Stafford still got 25 points against the jets when johnson was out. I wouldn't sit him.

Benjamin and Bradshaw have been more consistent than Randle. Even in eli ' s best Game Randle only had 8 pts and 9 pts last week.

However bradshaw relies on goal to go receiving situations.

Need WR help. I keep picking the non scorer each week. Benjamin vs Bengals, Sanu vs Panthers,Randal vs Eagles, White vs Bears, watkins vs Patriots. Need two. And would you start any of the remaining over Oliver vs Raiders as flex? PPR format

Need WR help. I keep picking the non scorer each week. Benjamin vs Bengals, Sanu vs Panthers,Randal vs Eagles, White vs Bears, watkins vs Patriots. Need two. And would you start any of the remaining over Oliver vs Raiders as flex? PPR format

Benjamin and sanu easily over white and Randle. However watkins is a great option as well over sanu. White is sitting on my ppr bench cause he just doesn't get the looks anymore it seems. He's also sporadic, 18, 9, 17, and 4 over the 4 games.

Keep Oliver

I need a WR or TE to get from the waiver wire and I'm looking at some slim pickings.

Best WR options available: Beckham Jr. @ PHI, Greg Jennings vs. DET, Malcolm Floyd @ OAK, James Jones vs. SD, Jordan Matthews vs. NYG, Louis Murphy vs. BAL, and other less popular players

Best TE options available: Zach Ertz vs. NYG, Coby Fleener @ HOU, Daniel Fells @ PHI, and Jared Cook vs. SF

Who should I pick up?

I'm starting Beckham..just dropped James Jones, sitting Cordarelle, even though Teddy is supposed to be back, and is playing hurt..I'd pick up Beckham in a heartbeat..I've been waiting all year for him to come back..and he had 10 points + last week and was in on half the snaps coming off injury, and he already has a better rapport with Eli than Randle..

TE's a toss up..Coby mght sneak a TD, but Allen is getting the end zone looks...Probably Ertz would be your best bet..

JMO

I need a WR or TE to get from the waiver wire and I'm looking at some slim pickings.

Best WR options available: Beckham Jr. @ PHI, Greg Jennings vs. DET, Malcolm Floyd @ OAK, James Jones vs. SD, Jordan Matthews vs. NYG, Louis Murphy vs. BAL, and other less popular players

Best TE options available: Zach Ertz vs. NYG, Coby Fleener @ HOU, Daniel Fells @ PHI, and Jared Cook vs. SF

Who should I pick up?

Like ty said. Beckham and ertz are probably your best bets. Unless you want to take boom or bust Fleener

Who should I pick up?

For this week I would say Floyd.  

But Beckham Jr. has a lot of upside potential and I think I'd grab him for the long term.  

Ertz for your TE.  

Need a D/ST:

Colts D @ Texans

Lions D @ Vikings

Titans D vs. Jags

Ravens @ Bucs

I wouldn't play the Lions against the Vikings.  Bridgewater is suppose to be back and their offense looked pretty good with him under center in the short time he did play.  Until we have a better idea of what Bridgewater can do, I'd stay away from that one.  

The other three are pretty equal in my book.  I might go with the Colts D at the Texans because it's a short week (short weeks often lead to blowouts) and they are starting Fitzpatrick.  Might lead to some turnovers. But I don't think the other two are bad plays.

I never ask for help, but Im in a dilemma

Alfred Morris vs Arizona (top 5 rush D)

Reggie Bush (Q) vs  Minnesota

Ronnie Hillman Den vs NYJ (top 5 rushing D)

Also, was thinking about a trade, but themore I think about it, it leaves me a little short at RB...

Give up: Reggie Bush and Cordarelle Patterson

Get TY Hilton and Anquon Boldin

Maybe Patterson and Miller, for TY and Fleener....hmmm

(Basically, I want TY...he has both Colts TE's so I'd be willing to trade Heath Miller for Fleener if it means I can get TY)

thoughts

Reggie Bush (Q) vs  Minnesota

Also, was thinking about a trade, but themore I think about it, it leaves me a little short at RB...

(Basically, I want TY...he has both Colts TE's so I'd be willing to trade Heath Miller for Fleener if it means I can get TY)

thoughts

If you find out Reggie Bush is in for sure then probably him.  But I think I would go for Alfred Morris.

Alfred Morris is a better RB then Hillman

Peyton Manning is a better QB then Kirk Cousins.

Washington will have to go on the ground to compete with the Cardinals.  

On the other hand Denver doesn't have to hand the ball off to beat the Jets and probably won't do it much.  

Reggie Bush (Q) vs Minnesota

thoughts

Let him sit with both TE. It's going to hurt him more in the long run. Especially during bye. As far as run. Reggie Bush... I guess.