Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im in front with 3,7 point before Broncos - Cheifs..

im facing D.Thomas.

I have Sanders and CJ Anderson. which one should i start in the flex???

I wish I got this question earlier. I hope you started CJ because always go with the sure fire RB come December and cold weather at the FLEX position unless your RB is Trent or a NE RB :).

I made the gutsy move of putting Mike Evans on the bench and starting Daniel Herron over him. The reason I did that was OBJ and Randall Cobb were my other wide outs. I expected it to be just a yardage game for OBJ and Cobb without a TD (besides OBJ has caught 4 of his 5 TD passes vs Cowboys this year and just 1 in his first game in vs the Falcons). With Mike Evans staring at another brutal matchup like Cobb, I could not chance 2 WRs without TDs. Boy, am I glad I did that.

I now have a 30 point lead thanks to C.J.Anderson, Rashad Jennings and Daniel Herron and unless the Miami defense goes off like the Rams' D, which I doubt it will (I expect about 15-20 points), I should win by 10.

im in front with 3,7 point before Broncos - Cheifs..

im facing D.Thomas.

I have Sanders and CJ Anderson. which one should i start in the flex???

I was thinking about answering, but I was already up by over 50 points, with both Sanders and Anderson left to play, and my opponent was out of players. Not to rub it in to my opponent, but I beat his team score with only 2 players..Drew Brees and D'Andre Hopkins getting me 70.86 points between the 2 (over his teams' 68.14). But normally, I would have gone with Anderson, for the simple fact that Peyton has way too many receivers, and Denver usually is up big, so they tend to run out the clock on the ground. Plus Anderson is very good receiving out of the backfield.

What really helped me out, was that Fitzpatrick is back at QB for Houston. He tends to favor Hopkins over AJ, and when he's at QB, Hopkins always does well.

And, like Chad mentioned...in the cold in December, you usually go with the RB over the receiver...

For Flex, Kendall wright vs NYG or Coby Fleener vs Cle.

Our I could play both and sit Travis kelce @Ari

Also Jay Cutler vs. Dal or Tom Brady @SD.

Don't bet against Tom Brady.

Kendall Wright vs NYG (Giants can't stop anyone with that putrid secondary of theirs) and Traivs Kelce @ Arizona (Arizona has injuries to Tyrann Mathieu and their LBs cannot cover).

Coby - Browns are VERY GOOD against TEs, bad matchup. The only issue for Kelce is Fasano, they take turns getting the TDs. Kelce gets the yards though. If Dwayne Allen still does not play, Coby Fleener hands down.

Don't bet against Tom Brady.

Kendall Wright vs NYG (Giants can't stop anyone with that putrid secondary of theirs) and Traivs Kelce @ Arizona (Arizona has injuries to Tyrann Mathieu and their LBs cannot cover).

Coby - Browns are VERY GOOD against TEs, bad matchup. The only issue for Kelce is Fasano, they take turns getting the TDs. Kelce gets the yards though. If Dwayne Allen still does not play, Coby Fleener hands down.

Cool.

For defenses i have

Colts D @ CLE

Lions D vs TB

Eagles D vs SEA

Right now i have the Colts starting but plan on starting the Lions once the claim goes through.  Dropping the Browns D for them.  Eagles have the better championship round games but just not this one.  Colts would be next best schedule.

Cool.

For defenses i have

Colts D @ CLE

Lions D vs TB

Eagles D vs SEA

Right now i have the Colts starting but plan on starting the Lions once the claim goes through.  Dropping the Browns D for them.  Eagles have the better championship round games but just not this one.  Colts would be next best schedule.

The Colts' D, whether it is Hoyer or Johnny Manziel, Cribbs is due for a return TD. Lions' D however is at home, and McCown has not been playing well lately and scoring much the last 2 games, has hurt Mike Evans too.

Eagles' D is a tricky matchup. The game should be low scoring, something like 20-16 or 20-17 kind and the Eagles love to blitz. Russell Wilson has been taking enough sacks lately, so the Eagles will get more sack based points than any of the other Ds, IMO and they have produced double digit points at home consistently against good and mediocre teams. However, they do not stop the run well enough to force RW to many 3rd and longs, that is where I think the issue will be.

So, yeah, Lions first, Colts next, Eagles third.

Here is my dilemma - NY Giants at Titans or Colts at Browns

With Mettenberger being hobbled, I feel the Giants will tee off on him. They had 7 sacks vs the Jags but their O crapped the bed. However, I feel they will rebound this game. Titans also give up more FF points to Ds than Browns on a per game basis.

The Colts' D, whether it is Hoyer or Johnny Manziel, Cribbs is due for a return TD. Lions' D however is at home, and McCown has not been playing well lately and scoring much the last 2 games, has hurt Mike Evans too.

Eagles' D is a tricky matchup. The game should be low scoring, something like 20-16 or 20-17 kind and the Eagles love to blitz. Russell Wilson has been taking enough sacks lately, so the Eagles will get more sack based points than any of the other Ds, IMO and they have produced double digit points at home consistently against good and mediocre teams. However, they do not stop the run well enough to force RW to many 3rd and longs, that is where I think the issue will be.

So, yeah, Lions first, Colts next, Eagles third.

Here is my dilemma - NY Giants at Titans or Colts at Browns

With Mettenberger being hobbled, I feel the Giants will tee off on him. They had 7 sacks vs the Jags but their O crapped the bed. However, I feel they will rebound this game. Titans also give up more FF points to Ds than Browns on a per game basis.

I'd say your feeling is right about the Giants. But cribbs is always a wildcard and we'll get return yard points.

Need to start 3

Forsett @ Dolphins

Rashad Jennings @ Titans

CJ Anderson vs. Bills

McCoy vs. Seahawks

Mark Ingram vs. Panthers

Need to start 2

Dez @ Bears

ODB @ Titans

Randall Cobb vs. Falcons.

Josh Gordon vs. Colts

Mike Evans @ Lions

Anderson

Ingram

Jennings

Dez 

ODB

I'd say your feeling is right about the Giants. But cribbs is always a wildcard and we'll get return yard points.

I picked up the Broncos defense off waivers. Normally, the Chiefs are not a team that yield points to Ds that much and the Broncos managed 13 points on the road against them, that surprised me. The spring in Ware's step was noticeably better than usual, IMO and I was surprised by their pass rush effectiveness vs the Chiefs.

So, I have a feeling the Broncos' D at home vs Bills might do better than the Giants on the road vs Titans or the Colts on the road vs Browns when I do not get return yardage.

What do you think? The Miami game at home for the Broncos probably has people down on them but the NFL game flow is a "what have you done lately" thing and the defense played vs the Chiefs was considerably different from what they showed vs the Dolphins. Chances are, they continue with it at least one more game, that style against a defensive minded run oriented team that is the Bills, much like the Chiefs.

I picked up the Broncos defense off waivers. Normally, the Chiefs are not a team that yield points to Ds that much and the Broncos managed 13 points on the road against them, that surprised me. The spring in Ware's step was noticeably better than usual, IMO and I was surprised by their pass rush effectiveness vs the Chiefs.

So, I have a feeling the Broncos' D at home vs Bills might do better than the Giants on the road vs Titans or the Colts on the road vs Browns when I do not get return yardage.

What do you think? The Miami game at home for the Broncos probably has people down on them but the NFL game flow is a "what have you done lately" thing and the defense played vs the Chiefs was considerably different from what they showed vs the Dolphins. Chances are, they continue with it at least one more game, that style against a defensive minded run oriented team that is the Bills, much like the Chiefs.

Thanks for the tip. I want able to get the Lions, but the guy that picked them up dropped the broncos.

Thanks for the tip. I want able to get the Lions, but the guy that picked them up dropped the broncos.

Just as I typed that, I found that Brian Hoyer is going to start. If Vontae Davis does not go, I will definitely sit down the Colts' defense.

Kendall wright vs. Giants or Andrew hawkins vs indy.

Right now I have wright because of the Giants secondary, but with miles Austin out that will bring hawkins' targets up. Then we have to keep an eye on vontae Davis.

Based on history, Kendall Wright catches more TDs than Hawkins, so the ceiling is higher. Mettenberger, for a rookie, has passed for almost 50% more yards on a per game basis than Bridgewater or any other rookie QB, if I am not mistaken. Ken Wisenhunt, surprisingly, has unchained Mettenberger and his passing attempts to make him learn fast. Titans are not a running team, Browns are primarily that.

Giants can be run on and passed on. Colts can be run on more than passed on, so I'd lean towards Wright.

I wish I got this question earlier. I hope you started CJ because always go with the sure fire RB come December and cold weather at the FLEX position unless your RB is Trent or a NE RB :).

I made the gutsy move of putting Mike Evans on the bench and starting Daniel Herron over him. The reason I did that was OBJ and Randall Cobb were my other wide outs. I expected it to be just a yardage game for OBJ and Cobb without a TD (besides OBJ has caught 4 of his 5 TD passes vs Cowboys this year and just 1 in his first game in vs the Falcons). With Mike Evans staring at another brutal matchup like Cobb, I could not chance 2 WRs without TDs. Boy, am I glad I did that.

I now have a 30 point lead thanks to C.J.Anderson, Rashad Jennings and Daniel Herron and unless the Miami defense goes off like the Rams' D, which I doubt it will (I expect about 15-20 points), I should win by 10.

I started Sanders... and lost... :(

You sure? What if he goes off against the struggling 49ers?

Not like Kap is gonna lead a blowout. Carr is the better QB of the 2

There is not enough threat from the passing game to assist the running game for the Raiders. Besides, the 49ers are not swiss cheese run D like the Raiders. They handled Jamaal Charles fine, they can handle Latavius Murray too.

There is not enough threat from the passing game to assist the running game for the Raiders. Besides, the 49ers are not swiss cheese run D like the Raiders. They handled Jamaal Charles fine, they can handle Latavius Murray too.

Okay :(

Benched Murray, #FeedMoncrief is now in

Would you play Moncrief or Ryan Matthews?

See above for options of waivers.

Would you play Moncrief or Ryan Matthews?

See above for options of waivers.

Definitely Ryan Mathews at home vs a rookie WR on the road who may not see half the snaps that Ryan Mathews sees. Remember, Joe Haden is not the only CB that is good for the Browns. Their No.2 guy, Buster Skrine is not shabby either. The Redskins' secondary was woeful, the Browns' secondary is not. Besides, Colts will be running more this game than other games. If anything, I'd play Moncrief at home vs the Texans next game because the Texans will zone in on T.Y. this time more than before but their CB corp is not as good as the Browns (though not as bad as the Redskins).

If Pep decides to let Luck throw 40 plus times, I will have to question the game plan against a bottom 5 front in the NFL vs the run.

Plus, Jonathan Stewart has been named starter due to DeAngelo Williams hobbled. If anything, I will try to get 2 RBs - Ryan Mathews and Jon Stewart in your lineup together if possible for this week.

Definitely Ryan Mathews at home vs a rookie WR on the road who may not see half the snaps that Ryan Mathews sees. Remember, Joe Haden is not the only CB that is good for the Browns. Their No.2 guy, Buster Skrine is not shabby either. The Redskins' secondary was woeful, the Browns' secondary is not. Besides, Colts will be running more this game than other games. If anything, I'd play Moncrief at home vs the Texans next game because the Texans will zone in on T.Y. this time more than before but their CB corp is not as good as the Browns (though not as bad as the Redskins).

If Pep decides to let Luck throw 40 plus times, I will have to question the game plan against a bottom 5 front in the NFL vs the run.

Plus, Jonathan Stewart has been named starter due to DeAngelo Williams hobbled. If anything, I will try to get 2 RBs - Ryan Mathews and Jon Stewart in your lineup together if possible for this week.

I've got M. Lynch and J. Charles as my two starting.

So the next question is Matthews or stewart.

Picked up stewart and starting him. Like his matchup better.

It is a bit of a strange league we can start 1 or 2 rbs or 3 or 4 wr' so if you started 1 rb you'd start 4 wr if you started 2 rb then 3 wr's. The league has been around since the late 80's when the run and shoot was popular in the NFL we have just left it as an option.

I am set with Jordy and Megatron at 2 of the Wr spots then I have Allen vs Revis, Hopkins vs Jags, or Beckham Jr vs Tenn. I also have D Jack but doesn't look like he is playing.

At RB I have Ellington is out  Jeremy Hill rookie from Cinny who shot his mouth off after last weeks game. He has been good to me all year but making the coach mad and Gio makes me nervous. So that leaves me with Mason coming off the game of his life and Ryan Matthews.

QB is covered I have Luck and K I have Parkey. Although weather is an issue in both games.

We also have to start a TE and Julius Thomas is Q again this week I'd have to hit the waiver wire to replace him we can pick up players until kick off Sunday. It is guys like Rudolph or Kelce nothing to get excited about unless you have a sleeper TE you have a feeling about this weekend.

My thoughts were

Luck even he is looking at weather.

Matthews Mason

CJ Jordy Hopkins keep in mind I have Beckham Jr. I  can play him over Hopkins or start all 4 WR and one running back. I really don't like doing that just because RB get more touches.

TE if Thomas doesn't play not sure what to do like I said Kelce and Rudolph are about the best options on the wire.

Parkey or Hauschka at K playing each other at a windy Lincoln Financial Field which is a concern most guys carry 1 K so I can roll the dice on a K in better conditions. Parkey has been good to me but saw he had a groin problem he is probable. It's really the  weather that concerns me 16mph winds. .Graham from NO and Bullock from Houston are sitting out there kicking a much better conditions.

Any thoughts to confusing? This is essentially a playoff game if I win I am in the money rounds. If not I need other people to loss and this and that to happen. It is a pretty high stakes league too. I need to win.

It is a bit of a strange league we can start 1 or 2 rbs or 3 or 4 wr' so if you started 1 rb you'd start 4 wr if you started 2 rb then 3 wr's. The league has been around since the late 80's when the run and shoot was popular in the NFL we have just left it as an option.

I am set with Jordy and Megatron at 2 of the Wr spots then I have Allen vs Revis, Hopkins vs Jags, or Beckham Jr vs Tenn. I also have D Jack but doesn't look like he is playing.

At RB I have Ellington is out  Jeremy Hill rookie from Cinny who shot his mouth off after last weeks game. He has been good to me all year but making the coach mad and Gio makes me nervous. So that leaves me with Mason coming off the game of his life and Ryan Matthews.

QB is covered I have Luck and K I have Parkey. Although weather is an issue in both games.

We also have to start a TE and Julius Thomas is Q again this week I'd have to hit the waiver wire to replace him we can pick up players until kick off Sunday. It is guys like Rudolph or Kelce nothing to get excited about unless you have a sleeper TE you have a feeling about this weekend.

My thoughts were

Luck even he is looking at weather.

Matthews Mason

CJ Jordy Hopkins keep in mind I have Beckham Jr. I  can play him over Hopkins or start all 4 WR and one running back. I really don't like doing that just because RB get more touches.

TE if Thomas doesn't play not sure what to do like I said Kelce and Rudolph are about the best options on the wire.

Parkey or Hauschka at K playing each other at a windy Lincoln Financial Field which is a concern most guys carry 1 K so I can roll the dice on a K in better conditions. Parkey has been good to me but saw he had a groin problem he is probable. It's really the  weather that concerns me 16mph winds. .Graham from NO and Bullock from Houston are sitting out there kicking a much better conditions.

Any thoughts to confusing? This is essentially a playoff game if I win I am in the money rounds. If not I need other people to loss and this and that to happen. It is a pretty high stakes league too. I need to win.

Pick up Kyle Rudolph, very good matchup as TE. I would not be shocked if he produces more than Julius Thomas at TE vs Jets.

WRs - Megatron, Jordy, Hopkins vs Jags (Eli's line does not protect well, otherwise OBJ would be good play)

RBs - Tre Mason for sure, Jeremy Hill at home vs Steelers over Ryan Mathews at home vs Pats

K - Texans' kicker because Fitzpatrick won't score 6 TDs again and there will be ample opportunities to score vs Jags, don't overthink it

Pick up Kyle Rudolph, very good matchup as TE. I would not be shocked if he produces more than Julius Thomas at TE vs Jets.

WRs - Megatron, Jordy, Hopkins vs Jags (Eli's line does not protect well, otherwise OBJ would be good play)

RBs - Tre Mason for sure, Jeremy Hill at home vs Steelers over Ryan Mathews at home vs Pats

K - Texans' kicker because Fitzpatrick won't score 6 TDs again and there will be ample opportunities to score vs Jags, don't overthink it

Thanks hopefully Megatron does his thing and I don't have to worry about my TE. Sometimes it helps to have someone else's perspective to make it clear. I am an Irish guy so was leaning toward Rudolph that and NYJ have given up 12 td's to TE's this year. Bridgewater worries me but can't have it all. I also have Indy's D/Sp so I am hoping for Cribbs to make that leap.

Pick 1 please, thanks.

L. Blount @ NE

D. Robinson vs HOU

R Mathews vs NE

D. Herron @ CLE

Pick 2 please, thanks.

J. Gordon vs IND

E. Sanders vs BUF

D. Hopkins @ JAX

I say Gordon and Sanders. Especially if vontae is out. For rb is tougher for me. I can eliminate Matthews from that list tho.

Even tho boom isn't the starter, he has the way better matchup.