Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

I was willing to give up Matt Ryan and Randall Cobb for Tom Brady and Torrey Smith to someone who had both Drew Brees and Tom Brady as QBs. It was a very even trade given what I was giving up.

He comes back wanting Jimmy Graham, Rashad Jennings and Matt Ryan for Tom Brady, Torrey Smith and Vernon Davis (his other TE is Gronk). Maybe he thought I was stupid and I asked him if he even clicked on the 'Evaluate Trade' button to see how lop sided his trade sounded. I offered a very fair trade and he comes back with this.

Some people in a trade, because they think they are in a position of power, think the other guy will be desperate for anything. I obviously REJECTED it flat out and asked him not to bother unless he had a fair trade offer. There are several tools that allow FF GMs to evaluate trades in trade analyzers. I can understand flow and momentum of a season can make your gut feeling different from a numerical projection but to try to openly fleece someone in a trade, I am not the kind who would even attempt it but some folks have no qualms giving it a shot.

I just wish Matt Ryan would stop underachieving and gives me a whole bunch of multiple TD games moving forward now that the whole NFC South is up for grabs.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't trust rg3 at all.

All Matt Ryan needed was to give me one more TD last week to win a matchup. He has flat out underachieved.

I am afraid that given the Panthers' running defense woes, Ryan might just hand off a couple of TDs to SJax.

However, given how the Falcons still have a chance in their division, I guess I might give him one last chance. I need multiple TDs from a QB badly.

All Matt Ryan needed was to give me one more TD last week to win a matchup. He has flat out underachieved.

I am afraid that given the Panthers' running defense woes, Ryan might just hand off a couple of TDs to SJax.

However, given how the Falcons still have a chance in their division, I guess I might give him one last chance. I need multiple TDs from a QB badly.

Sanchez?

Alright y'all, I'm usually pretty confident in my lineups, but I'm struggling this week in this league. It's an NFL.com league and I'm currently in 3rd with a big match up with #1 this week.

Any advice appreciated

QB - Luck

RB - Charles

RB - Bradshaw

WR - Julio Jones

WR - T.Y. Hilton

TE - D. Allen

W/R - Ingram

BN - Tre Mason

BN - Martavis Bryant

BN - Brandon LaFell

BN - Sammy Watkins

BN - Travis Kelce

One side note, LaFell came down with strep throat yesterday and was told to stay away from the Patriots facility. He should be ready by Sunday

Alright y'all, I'm usually pretty confident in my lineups, but I'm struggling this week in this league. It's an NFL.com league and I'm currently in 3rd with a big match up with #1 this week.

Any advice appreciated

QB - Luck

RB - Charles

RB - Bradshaw

WR - Julio Jones

WR - T.Y. Hilton

TE - D. Allen

W/R - Ingram

BN - Tre Mason

BN - Martavis Bryant

BN - Brandon LaFell

BN - Sammy Watkins

BN - Travis Kelce

One side note, LaFell came down with strep throat yesterday and was told to stay away from the Patriots facility. He should be ready by Sunday

Tho its more of a toss up, Bryant or watkins over Hilton, kelce over allen.

Idk if both will do great, but they may. I'm surprised you're even thinking of benching Watkins.

Darren McFadden (Chargers away. Chargers had a tough game in Oakland and does not have a solid run D yet. Might be the game where McFadden actually can run the football!)

or

Tre Mason (Broncos home. Can the Rams front 4 give Manning some problems so the Rams O have time to try to run the ball??)

Im leaning on McFadden.. but im not sure..

Tho its more of a toss up, Bryant or watkins over Hilton, kelce over allen.

Idk if both will do great, but they may. I'm surprised you're even thinking of benching Watkins.

The only reason I have Watkins benched currently is because the have a Thursday game/ short week and he has the groin injury. He's been a monster and I'll have to see what the reports say today

Any advice appreciated

QB - Luck

RB - Charles

RB - Bradshaw

WR - Julio Jones

WR - T.Y. Hilton

TE - D. Allen

W/R - Ingram

BN - Tre Mason

BN - Martavis Bryant

BN - Brandon LaFell

BN - Sammy Watkins

BN - Travis Kelce

I would want Watkins at least in as a Flex.  

In one of my leagues (10 team league):

My RBs: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen, C.J.Anderson, Joique Bell

My WRs: Dez Bryant, Roddy White, Martavis Bryant, Odell Beckham Jr.

The bolded ones are my 2 RBs and 2 WRs I am confident with. Titans are such a porous run D and a better pass D that I am sitting Bryant, playing Roddy White and OBJ.

Shane Vereen at Indy

or

C.J.Anderson at St. Louis

for FLEX?????

Darren McFadden (Chargers away. Chargers had a tough game in Oakland and does not have a solid run D yet. Might be the game where McFadden actually can run the football!)

or

Tre Mason (Broncos home. Can the Rams front 4 give Manning some problems so the Rams O have time to try to run the ball??)

Im leaning on McFadden.. but im not sure..

I'd go Tre Mason because the Rams' offense has to lean on the run to keep Peyton off the field. Jeff Fisher will try an onside kick, do whatever it takes to keep Peyton off the field.

Comparatively speaking, I slightly prefer the Rams offense at home vs the Raiders putrid offense on the road. I expect the Chargers to get ahead and dominate with their run getting Ryan Mathews plenty of workload.

I expect the Rams to be competitive for a half definitely but then, the Broncos will start pulling away later but Tre Mason will get plenty of catches and touches early on.

Man I'm just confused about pretty much my whole team at this point.  

I just picked up Wilson off the waiver wire.  Don't know why he was there but I figured he's too talented to not be at least bench option for me.  I may rotate him with Stafford based on matchup or trade him.

Note: I put one player in italics because I picked him up as a handcuff, not because I'm necessarily planning on playing him.  Bolded players are my current lineup.

QB: Stafford @ Arizona or Wilson @ KC

WR (2): Benjamin vs Atlanta, Keenan Allen vs Oakland, V Jax @ Washington, 

RB (2): Gore @ NYG, Lacy vs Philly, Hyde @ NYG, Rainey @ Washington, Montee Ball @ St. Louis, Bradshaw vs New England (Flex)

TE: Gates vs Oakland, Olsen vs Atlanta

Also need a WR/RB Flex using any of the above guys.  Currently starting Bradshaw.

My RBs: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen, C.J.Anderson, Joique Bell

The bolded ones are my 2 RBs and 2 WRs I am confident with. Titans are such a porous run D and a better pass D that I am sitting Bryant, playing Roddy White and OBJ.

Shane Vereen at Indy

or

for FLEX?????

Vereen easy.

Vereen easy.

2 other 10 team leagues, I have C.J.Anderson too:

League 1:

WRs: Emmanuel Sanders, Julio Jones, OBJ, Martavis Bryant

RBs: Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Ryan Mathews, Rashad Jennings, C.J.Anderson

The ones in bold already chosen (can be changed). LeSean McCoy or C.J.Anderson for FLEX?

League 2:

WRs: Randall Cobb, OBJ, Mike Evans

RBs: Ryan Mathews, C.J.Anderson, Jerrick McKinnon, Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen

The ones in bold already chosen (feel free to suggest changes).

C.J.Anderson or Jerrick McKinnon for Flex?

Shane Vereen at Indy

or

for FLEX?????

If you are confident in it fine but I'd have to strongly disagree with playing OBJ over Dez Bryant.  Romo is starting right?, he's still gonna throw the ball and he's gonna throw the ball to Dez Byrant.  Your choice but certainly not the one I would make, I think you are over thinking it.

Man I'm just confused about pretty much my whole team at this point.  

I just picked up Wilson off the waiver wire.  Don't know why he was there but I figured he's too talented to not be at least bench option for me.  I may rotate him with Stafford based on matchup or trade him.

Note: I put one player in italics because I picked him up as a handcuff, not because I'm necessarily planning on playing him.  Bolded players are my current lineup.

QB: Stafford @ Arizona or Wilson @ KC

WR (2): Benjamin vs Atlanta, Keenan Allen vs Oakland, V Jax @ Washington, 

RB (2): Gore @ NYG, Lacy vs Philly, Hyde @ NYG, Rainey @ Washington, Montee Ball @ St. Louis, Bradshaw vs New England (Flex)

TE: Gates vs Oakland, Olsen vs Atlanta

Also need a WR/RB Flex using any of the above guys.  Currently starting Bradshaw.

I think you have it right. No changes needed.

If you are confident in it fine but I'd have to strongly disagree with playing OBJ over Dez Bryant.  Romo is starting right?, he's still gonna throw the ball and he's gonna throw the ball to Dez Byrant.  Your choice but certainly not the one I would make, I think you are over thinking it.

Dez Bryant is on a bye week, that is why :)

League 1:

The ones in bold already chosen (can be changed). LeSean McCoy or C.J.Anderson for FLEX?

League 2:

RBs: Ryan Mathews, C.J.Anderson, Jerrick McKinnon, Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen

McCoy on the first.  On the second I don't know, I think I might lean towards Anderson.  But don't forget that Ball is expected back this week.  There is a chance that CJ Anderson might not see the field much.

Dez Bryant is on a bye week, that is why :)

Oh, I got the impression from your post that they where playing the Titans and you where afraid they would just run the ball on the Titans and not throw much.

But now that I look at it you are talking about the other Bryant.  Makes sense now.

McCoy on the first.  On the second I don't know, I think I might lean towards Anderson.  But don't forget that Ball is expected back this week.  There is a chance that CJ Anderson might not see the field much.

Ball might be eased in, I feel and C.J.Anderson had a good workload the previous game and is one of the healthier ones that they have, at least for this game.

If Asiata did not poach McKinnon's TDs all the time, I'd give McKinnon a shot but given how Peyton's RBs are involved in the catching game too and how teams have given up checkdowns rather than the pass up the field vs Peyton, I feel like Anderson would be a good bet for at least this game.

Ball might be eased in, I feel and C.J.Anderson had a good workload the previous game and is one of the healthier ones that they have, at least for this game.

If Asiata did not poach McKinnon's TDs all the time, I'd give McKinnon a shot but given how Peyton's RBs are involved in the catching game too and how teams have given up checkdowns rather than the pass up the field vs Peyton, I feel like Anderson would be a good bet for at least this game.

Fair enough but I wouldn't start him over McCoy.  

Would you trade Jamaal Charles for Lesean McCoy and Big Ben?

Other QB is Cam and Kaep.

No, I would not.

Kaepernick's schedule is pass friendly with games vs Cardinals, Giants, Chargers all coming up. Look for Boldin and others to be more and more involved though they will still be run heavy. Cam has a friendly schedule too with Falcons twice, at Min, at NO, TB and Cleveland. So, you have the option to play matchups, IMO. With the NFC South probably won by a losing team, all teams will be in it till the end.

Sproles is eating into McCoy's touches and in cold December weather, Jamaal Charles will be leaned on a lot. Big Ben has never had a stretch like the 2 games he had in his career. It would be a case of you buying high. Jamaal Charles, if you remember, went off last year during the last few games, so don't do it.

Would you trade Jamaal Charles for Lesean McCoy and Big Ben?

Other QB is Cam and Kaep.

Big Ben is generally seen for fantasy purposes as a backup QB.  A bye week fill in or someone you get if your starter gets injured.  He's not generally a guy that you draft to be your starter.  He had 2 huge games but that is way beyond normal for him.  And he really went back down to earth against the Jets.

IDK how Cam and Kaep are doing but I wouldn't take that trade unless desperate.

League 1:

League 2:

League 1: is tough. McCoy has Good matchup but is robbed by sproles and you don't know when he'll blow up. Anderson bad matchup but prolific offense. not enough games to really know what he'll do. If Matthews doesn't play both, but if he does I may think about both still. I would day mccoy because of matchup and montee ball and Hillman splitting time. But who knows?

League 2: Anderson. But honestly, Mike Evans for Flex. He's beasting.

League 1: is tough. McCoy has Good matchup but is robbed by sproles and you don't know when he'll blow up. Anderson bad matchup but prolific offense. not enough games to really know what he'll do. If Matthews doesn't play both, but if he does I may think about both still. I would day mccoy because of matchup and montee ball and Hillman splitting time. But who knows?

League 2: Anderson. But honestly, Mike Evans for Flex. He's beasting.

I did think about Mike Evans. However, I did a little bit analysis on that Redskins defense.

Ever since they played Romo and Dez Bryant tough on MNF, their pass D has been better with the 1-on-1 matchups on the outside. Their issues have been inside, with dumpoffs and RB catches. It is almost like they traded some loss on run D for a better pass D as the season has gone on. I wouldn't say shut down good but WRs have not been going off on them like they have at the beginning of the year when Eli lit them up on TNF. Plus, the fact that Josh McCown was inserted back into the line up and threw 2 INTs to pretty much give the game away for the Bucs at home vs the Falcons does concern me there while going on the road vs the Redskins.

That is why I feel like Anderson would be a safer bet.

I did think about Mike Evans. However, I did a little bit analysis on that Redskins defense.

Ever since they played Romo and Dez Bryant tough on MNF, their pass D has been better with the 1-on-1 matchups on the outside. Their issues have been inside, with dumpoffs and RB catches. It is almost like they traded some loss on run D for a better pass D as the season has gone on. I wouldn't say shut down good but WRs have not been going off on them like they have at the beginning of the year when Eli lit them up on TNF. Plus, the fact that Josh McCown was inserted back into the line up and threw 2 INTs to pretty much give the game away for the Bucs at home vs the Falcons does concern me there while going on the road vs the Redskins.

That is why I feel like Anderson would be a safer bet.

Fair enough.  let me know how they all turn out.

Pick two.

AJ Green @NO

Golden Tate @Ari

Mike Wallace vs Buf

Philip rivers vs Oak

Or

Stafford @Oak

Stafford is playing Arizona.  I want to say AJG and Golden Tate in the first one.  AJG is an every week starter, in my opinion.  Golden Tate is listed as a start 'em on NFL.com.

Both are good matchups for your QBs, but I think I would go with Stafford.  He has Megatron back and Arizona's pass defense hasn't been too stellar this year.

Pick one between:

Jerick McKinnon @ a terrible Chicago defense (though they may be motivated after being embarrassed?)

Jeremy Hill @ New Orleans

Is it also time to try and trade Gio Bernard?  He's not playing this week and is just taking up a roster spot

Stafford is playing Arizona. I want to say AJG and Golden Tate in the first one. AJG is an every week starter, in my opinion. Golden Tate is listed as a start 'em on NFL.com.

Both are good matchups for your QBs, but I think I would go with Stafford. He has Megatron back and Arizona's pass defense hasn't been too stellar this year.

Pick one between:

Jerick McKinnon @ a terrible Chicago defense (though they may be motivated after being embarrassed?)

Jeremy Hill @ New Orleans

Rough. McKinnon.