Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Other Qb's In The Draft.

Say the Colts dont get the first pick or they trade back, which QB would you want the most besides Luck?

Robert Griffin III

Matt Barkley

Landry Jones

Nick Foles

Krik Cousins

Brandon Weeden

My ranking would be Griffin, Barkley, Cousins, Foles, Weeden, Jones. IMO im honestly not sold on Jones.

Say the Colts dont get the first pick or they trade back, which QB would you want the most besides Luck?

Robert Griffin III

Matt Barkley

Landry Jones

Nick Foles

Krik Cousins

Brandon Weeden

My ranking would be Griffin, Barkley, Cousins, Foles, Weeden, Jones. IMO im honestly not sold on Jones.

I've watched multiple games of each of these QBs and my ranking would be:

T1-Barkely

T1-Foles

2-Jones

3-Cousins

4-Griffin

5-Weeden

Weeden is going to have a tough time because he'll be a 28 year old rookie. He's older than both Aaron Rodgers and Curtis Painter so it's going to take him falling into just the right situation and I don't think that would be the Colts if there's any hope that Manning will return. Jones started off having a great year but has been in a bit of a slump lately. That could be at least in part due to losing their best WR Ryan Broyles for the year with a torn ACL. Any QB is going to struggle to some degree when they lose their best offensive weapon. I'm also not sold on Griffin.

Robert Griffin III = Michael Vick

Matt Barkley = Mark Sanchez

Landry Jones = Josh Freeman

Nick Foles = Matt Schaub

Kirk Cousins = Alex Smith

Brandon Weeden = Chris Weinke

I know we can't take him, but Luck reminds me of Aaron Rodgers

Take your pick, but I would like a Michael Vick (Robert Griffin III) if we don't get Luck. Griffin can run and has a laser arm, plus with Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon and Dallas Clark and Austin Collie and Joseph Addai and a ever improving O-line, he could really succeed in our offense.

Take your pick, but I would like a Michael Vick (Robert Griffin III) if we don't get Luck.

Nah, I hate building franchises around those Michael Vick kind of players. You're gambling each and every season on injuries and your team may have chemistry issues and locker room controversies if all of a sudden the backup does decent.

I'd rather just have a pure pocket passer. He can run once in a while, but preferably on designed roll-outs.

RG3 is not mike vick, he is the first RG3. I dont think i have ever seen a true pocket QB that has the speed of RG3. This player could be something special. Unfortunately with his latest performance vs Oklahoma i doubt he makes it past the first round even top 15 so it looks like he wont fall to the Colts.

1- Moore (If we got him in the fourth round. He studies film almost as much as Peyton does. Would be a perfect qb who would wait to start for 3-5 years.) 2- Barkley or RG3 (We trade down n get more picks n grab one of them in the 1st round. They are starters right away). 3- Luck (Can start right away obviously but just think his skill is a little overrated.) 4- Jones. 5- Cousins.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Barkley = Mark Sanchez

Landry Jones = Josh Freeman

Nick Foles = Matt Schaub

Kirk Cousins = Alex Smith

Brandon Weeden = Chris Weinke

I know we can't take him, but Luck reminds me of Aaron Rodgers

Take your pick, but I would like a Michael Vick (Robert Griffin III) if we don't get Luck. Griffin can run and has a laser arm, plus with Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon and Dallas Clark and Austin Collie and Joseph Addai and a ever improving O-line, he could really succeed in our offense.

Your comparison is exactly my point... who would want any of those alternative QB choices when we can have the real thing in Luck. I never buy generic brands because why suffer for trying to save just a small amount of money to keep yourself from enjoying the thing that you know is best... and instead throw away what you just wasted your money on because its no good.