Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Im Getting Tired Of Bob Kravitz

mr. football

The media does have an influence on how people think regardless of whether they are right or not.

I am still mad about the IndyStar article that announced "Only eleven fans showed up after Colts superbowl loss to Saints". Not only was it not fair to the fanbase it didn't make a fair unbiased opinion of why only eleven did show up. It was all over the national headlines and I thought he should have been run out of town for that articke. :) (Ok a little drastic I know, but c'mon man , , , if you're going to report a story get the facts)

I like Kravitz over-all but he does post a lot of contriversial stuff.

No problem...we're good...everything is Colt-a-thestic. :D Just that when you say "take away the picks" it sounded kind of homerish in defense of Peyton. Likewise I respect your right to your opinion on that game and Kravitz in general. But not everyone is going to be all up in arms over the article he wrote.

Anyway on a different note, it must have been cool to be at that particular game and to observe two masters at work regardless of the final outcome. I am sure you will carry that experience with you for a lifetime.

thanks man, and yes that was a great game to be at. Of course if we had won it would have been mucho better! It wasnt so much the last article Bob wrote that made me decide to write the post. It is just most of his articles in general. i am all about having a guy in indy that "gets the good story." But a good sportswriter could do the same stories but in a classier and more tasteful way. Bob is like a day outta school.................No class! :)

The media does have an influence on how people think regardless of whether they are right or not.

I am still mad about the IndyStar article that announced "Only eleven fans showed up after Colts superbowl loss to Saints". Not only was it not fair to the fanbase it didn't make a fair unbiased opinion of why only eleven did show up. It was all over the national headlines and I thought he should have been run out of town for that articke. :) (Ok a little drastic I know, but c'mon man , , , if you're going to report a story get the facts)

I like Kravitz over-all but he does post a lot of contriversial stuff.

My thoughts of Kravitz are :stir: Need I say more. rotfl

thanks man, and yes that was a great game to be at. Of course if we had won it would have been mucho better! It wasnt so much the last article Bob wrote that made me decide to write the post. It is just most of his articles in general. i am all about having a guy in indy that "gets the good story." But a good sportswriter could do the same stories but in a classier and more tasteful way. Bob is like a day outta school.................No class! :)

+1 for the Fat Albert reference. :D

Manning might not be on the team next year but it won't be because he is traded.

He might not have his option picked up thus making him a free agent which could result into something like this: 390751_275013649210701_155110744534326_898058_530850479_n.jpg

But he will not be traded. The salary cap issues that Kravitz suggests of paying him the option bonus would add to the already issue that will be created if he's forced to resign or if we fail to pick up his option.

You would think someone in the local media would have more of a clue than that.

Horrifying.

That definitely means something from someone who calls a person a cancer to a city haha. Great judge of what class is by far. Bob definitely isn't the best writer out there and yes he does put up controversial material, but the controversial things he puts up is what some people need to see. Sometimes you have to see the other side to get the full picture.

That definitely means something from someone who calls a person a cancer to a city haha. Great judge of what class is by far. Bob definitely isn't the best writer out there and yes he does put up controversial material, but the controversial things he puts up is what some people need to see. Sometimes you have to see the other side to get the full picture.

Sorry if you dont like how i describe your boy. I can see your a fan of Bobs so its cool man. To me a cancer is a person that stirs up unnecessary negativity amongst people. I think Bob does that. If they makes me classless for saying that than so be it.

Sorry if you dont like how i describe your boy. I can see your a fan of Bobs so its cool man. To me a cancer is a person that stirs up unnecessary negativity amongst people. I think Bob does that. If they makes me classless for saying that than so be it.

That doesn't make you classless that's exactly what he does in most of his articles and also on WTHR when he is on after every game. I for one don't like the guy and I can see why he doesn't get many interviews. JMO of course but he talks out of both sides of his mouth and what he says depends on who he is talking to.

Let's get a couple of things straight. First off, Kravitz is not 'my boy'. Don't know where you get that idea. Second, I did not say I was a fan of Bob Kravitz. I'm just not going to bash the columnist, because he might write something I might not like. It's very obvious because he isn't writing what you want to see that you don't like him. Like I said before and you seem to not understand is that just because he might write something controversial doesn't make him a negative write or a "cancer" to Indianapolis. Bob doesn't write the best articles, the articles that make everyone happy, but he does give out decent articles every now and then. If he only wrote the happy crud in every article he'd be the most boring thing in this city. He is able to write what people might not want to hear, but need to hear. Is it going to draw criticism? Of course it will. Everyone on this forum probably has a few articles from him they don't like, but he brings a side we should look at if we want to try and get the whole picture. To call him a cancer, just because you don't like him is overall silly. You don't have to like the man at all, but he does give a perspective you might not ever notice if he doesn't present it in his articles. Whether you choose to continue viewing his articles is on you, but bashing him and calling him a "cancer" because you don't agree with his views is just sad.

Edited by shecolt
personal shots

Let's get a couple of things straight. First off, Kravitz is not 'my boy'. Don't know where you get that idea. Second, I did not say I was a fan of Bob Kravitz. I'm just not going to bash the columnist, because he might write something I might not like. It's very obvious because he isn't writing what you want to see that you don't like him. Like I said before and you seem to not understand is that just because he might write something controversial doesn't make him a negative write or a "cancer" to Indianapolis. Bob doesn't write the best articles, the articles that make everyone happy, but he does give out decent articles every now and then. If he only wrote the happy crud in every article he'd be the most boring thing in this city. He is able to write what people might not want to hear, but need to hear. Is it going to draw criticism? Of course it will. Everyone on this forum probably has a few articles from him they don't like, but he brings a side we should look at if we want to try and get the whole picture. To call him a cancer, just because you don't like him is overall silly. You don't have to like the man at all, but he does give a perspective you might not ever notice if he doesn't present it in his articles. Whether you choose to continue viewing his articles is on you, but bashing him and calling him a "cancer" because you don't agree with his views is just sad.

Ahhh, im an ignorant fool! right on bro. If you think i wrote this post based on that i dont "agree" with his articles, then you have missed the entire point of what i have been saying. Im kinda tired of trying to explain what i meant. i guess if you didnt get it when you first read what i wrote, then you're not going to get it. some did, some didnt. thats why we have this forum though. To agree on or debate our opinions.

This guy is in tilted to his opinion & is paid to do so but the is no friken way Peyton isn't on the Colts next year, with a young QB drafted in next years draft. PERIOD!!! :slaphead: The ONLY way Peyton isn't on the Colts next year is if he is hurt & can't play anymore or Peyton requests a trade. BOTH highly improbable!! I believe he will retire a Colt.

People who don't like Bob are generally the 'homer' type who just don't like to read negative stuff about their team. His articles are some of the first I reach for, because they are objective and not clouded by loyalty. Sure, sometimes his stuff is ridiculous, but he's no different from any other pundit. His line about the Jags only running for 375 yards due to the end zone getting in the way still lives with me to this day.

Calling him a cancer is verging on being criminal.

Ahhh, im an ignorant fool! right on bro. If you think i wrote this post based on that i dont "agree" with his articles, then you have missed the entire point of what i have been saying. Im kinda tired of trying to explain what i meant. i guess if you didnt get it when you first read what i wrote, then you're not going to get it. some did, some didnt. thats why we have this forum though. To agree on or debate our opinions.

You don't like the negativity of Bob Kravitz's writing, you believe he's a "cancer" to Indianapolis and doesn't want good things to happen/work out. Those seem to be some of the points and if not then what were they in your original post then?

People who don't like Bob are generally the 'homer' type who just don't like to read negative stuff about their team. His articles are some of the first I reach for, because they are objective and not clouded by loyalty. Sure, sometimes his stuff is ridiculous, but he's no different from any other pundit. His line about the Jags only running for 375 yards due to the end zone getting in the way still lives with me to this day.

Calling him a cancer is verging on being criminal.

I was just getting ready to post what you said in your first sentence. Some of his stuff I love, some I think is silly.

To the homers: I dislike reading Michael Wilbon, e.g. - so guess what? I don't read him!

Here is a link to the article: http://www.indystar.com/article/20111118/SPORTS15/111180325/Kravitz-Colts-best-options-don-t-include-Manning?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|p I know there have been some different opinions on this, but I think the Colts nation would be in an uproar if Peyton were traded from this team.

You can't compare 1998 to 2012 draft class. Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck arent in the same years nor on the same team. Neither are Leaf and Barkley. I have faith that Polian will pick the best first pick possible when the draft comes.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this but...

For every Peyton-only fan that leaves there will be a Luck or whoever-only fan to take their place. But the franchise fans will be here regardless. sorry.

I am a Colts fan. But I will ontinue to follow whatever team Peyton may in fact play for before he retires. But if these two teams face each other, I'm not sure who I will root for. I love Peyton and the Colts.