Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is up with Ulrich John

akcolt

I can't find anything on the guy. Last I heard his ankle appeared to be broken and were trying to decide the best way to approach it. I am not even sure I remember anyone saying it was broken for sure. All the focus was on Holmes's ankle.

He isn't on the IR. I was hoping someone who gets a local paper might know something about him.

Is it not as bad as thought? Are we afraid of someone snagging him? What is up? There is nothing I could find on him.

We won't IR him right away, because we don't want another team to snatch him from us. 

We could also be looking at designating him to return from IR.

We should know within a few weeks.

I was thinking that was probably the case that we were expecting him to return at some point. Did you see where it was a confirmed break? What kind of damage? Any kind of time table?  I can't a thing on the guy. He is a mystery.

I had a buddy that broke his ankle was running in about 2 months. I know there are different kinds of breaks and ligaments to worry about and all that. My buddy broke his playing basketball.

I was thinking that was probably the case that we were expecting him to return at some point. Did you see where it was a confirmed break? What kind of damage? Any kind of time table?  I can't a thing on the guy. He is a mystery.

I had a buddy that broke his ankle was running in about 2 months. I know there are different kinds of breaks and ligaments to worry about and all that. My buddy broke his playing basketball.

All good questions sir. 

I have not heard any details. Maybe someone else can chime in and fill us in.

I don't think we're worried about somebody getting him. He's a 7th round pick. I think the docters told them that he can return this season. He may go on the practice squad.

Yep.  No one is clamoring to pick up an injured guy who hasn't shown anything yet.

I hope he's not put on IR, if he's on the PS he can at least practice and the coaches would know if he's worth keeping around.

I think we're just trying to safely pass him to the IR.  I was wondering if we might shy away from exposing our late-round developmental players to other teams, since both Justice Cunningham and Kerwyn Williams were plucked off our PS last year.  I actually thought that guys like John, Zach Kerr, and Andrew Jackson were likely to make the active roster, just to avoid having them stolen off the PS.  Seems like a few developmental guys are going to make the active roster by virtue of their play so far (Harrison, Kerr, and Purifoy)...

I don't think we're worried about somebody getting him. He's a 7th round pick. I think the docters told them that he can return this season. He may go on the practice squad.

Yep.  No one is clamoring to pick up an injured guy who hasn't shown anything yet.

I hope he's not put on IR, if he's on the PS he can at least practice and the coaches would know if he's worth keeping around.

You guys are kidding right?

John made his way all the way up the depth chart and was our #1 backup at LT. When AC came out in week 1, John was the first player to replace him. And John played fantastic. After John got hurt, Reitz moved from RT and replaced John at LT. At that point, our OL play was very noticeable worse.

The young man can play some football and after the performance that he gave, I doubt he would clear waivers. I am quite sure that at the very least, he caught the Jets coaching staff's eye.

On somewhat of a side note; Ben Ijalana is a backup LT for the Jets, and Cam Johnson burned him a few times. I wasn't sure if anyone else noticed who that was.

John made his way all the way up the depth chart and was our #1 backup at LT. When AC came out in week 1, John was the first player to replace him. And John played fantastic. After John got hurt, Reitz moved from RT and replaced John at LT. At that point, our OL play was very noticeable worse.

The young man can play some football and after the performance that he gave, I doubt he would clear waivers. I am quite sure that at the very least, he caught the Jets coaching staff's eye.

On somewhat of a side note; Ben Ijalana is a backup LT for the Jets, and Cam Johnson burned him a few times. I wasn't sure if anyone else noticed who that was.

I can't speak for Bluefire, but I'm not kidding. In fact I think it's amusing that anyone would think John is going to be coveted after playing... how many snaps, in one preseason game? Not trying to be contentious, but I think he'd be very low on any teams need list. There are plenty of projects out there.

IMO, I think the Colts are waiting to find out if he has a chance to play this season so they can put him on the PS or IR. either way, I doubt he has a problem clearing waivers.

If I'm wrong and some team snatches him, feel free to feed me crow.

On somewhat of a side note; Ben Ijalana is a backup LT for the Jets, and Cam Johnson burned him a few times. I wasn't sure if anyone else noticed who that was.

I'm sure there's more than Ulrich John that people are coveting. People who have played more than 1 preseason game and suffered a broken ankle.

I was impressed with what little I saw and read myself. That is why I was inquiring. Athletic LT's  are not easy to come by I think Grig's might have found something in the weeds again.

As I said in the first post my buddy jacked his ankle playing bball it was pretty bad again I don't know about ligaments and all that but he was good in about two months. They had him in a cast about 6 weeks he seemed pretty good in about 2 months.

Even if Ulrich could just get back on the weights and training that would be huge going into next yr anything else would be a bonus. I am getting the feeling we might have gotten lucky with how bad it was. No news is good news.....It is bizarre when you google the guy it is like he barely exists.