Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster move

Bravo

Cut TRich and it will be better with any journeyman running back you pick up. Yes, I know all of the excuses people make for him but the fact is that other backs gain yardage behind our offensive line, just not TR.

Jesus man, even a post that has nothing too do with him you bring him up in a negative manner. You sir ARE a troll. Why dont you get out there and you run the football? I mean anyone is better than him right? So you go play. Im sick and tired of the negativity from a so called "fan". Iregardless if you dont like a player on your team you should never wish failure on them and call out every little detail when you yourself admit you dont watch the game. Theres being realistic and theres being a troll. Your a troll nothing less nothing more

Cut TRich and it will be better with any journeyman running back you pick up. Yes, I know all of the excuses people make for him but the fact is that other backs gain yardage behind our offensive line, just not TR.

Once again the thread is about cutting a player and signing another. It is not about TRich. You are so possessed with the Colts cutting TRich you cant even stay on subject.  Do you have a mental block that keeps you stuck on the same subject? No matter what the thread is about you are a broken record. Would you please take the needle off or kick the turntable?

Jesus man, even a post that has nothing too do with him you bring him up in a negative manner. You sir ARE a troll. Why dont you get out there and you run the football? I mean anyone is better than him right? So you go play. Im sick and tired of the negativity from a so called "fan". Iregardless if you dont like a player on your team you should never wish failure on them and call out every little detail when you yourself admit you dont watch the game. Theres being realistic and theres being a troll. Your a troll nothing less nothing more

I don't wish failure upon TR. He does that to himself every time he gets hit behind the line. But you are right about not bringing it to this thread. There is one for just this purpose and you will find that I am no alone in my thoughts about TRich. I would watch the games if they are aired here in Denver. They are not. I do listen and I watch on Yahoo sports play by play. I also read a boxscore and I always see 2.3 to 2.5 yards per carry from TR. It has been that way for almost a year now. Training camp was supposed to help. It hasn't. TR is a bust and Cleveland knew it.

I don't wish failure upon TR. He does that to himself every time he gets hit behind the line. But you are right about not bringing it to this thread. There is one for just this purpose and you will find that I am no alone in my thoughts about TRich. I would watch the games if they are aired here in Denver. They are not. I do listen and I watch on Yahoo sports play by play. I also read a boxscore and I always see 2.3 to 2.5 yards per carry from TR. It has been that way for almost a year now. Training camp was supposed to help. It hasn't. TR is a bust and Cleveland knew it.

if it's always 2.3 then how is his career avg over 3 ypc?

I am glad you do. Like I said before, Edge, tell this bust to gain some yards. I don't know what makes people think he will ever be any different that he is.

I think I saw an NFL article that put it best.  Richardson is much like Marshawn Lynch.  Lynch went over to Seattle and averaged 3.5 yards per carry his first year with the team.  Given the inferiority of our offensive line compared to the Seahawks at that time, Richardson sits at 2.9 rather than 3.5, but not a large difference.

With a full offseason and a good part of a regular season in our offense, there is a good chance the light clicks and his average shoots up a yard or more per carry.  If our line improves, it stands to go up even more.

It's comical that people are willing to throw in the towel on a 23 year old running back selected 3rd overall when he hasn't been on the team and through a full offseason yet.  If GMs did that sort of thing, you'd never see a talented player at any position because no one would ever be given a chance to develop.  Peyton Manning... psssh, that bum threw more INTs than TDs his first season.

Long story short, why do people think he will ever be any different than he is?  Simple, time in a system yields experience in a system, and when players don't have to think as much, they can simply do.  That usually leads to much better statistics.

I think I saw an NFL article that put it best.  Richardson is much like Marshawn Lynch.  Lynch went over to Seattle and averaged 3.5 yards per carry his first year with the team.  Given the inferiority of our offensive line compared to the Seahawks at that time, Richardson sits at 2.9 rather than 3.5, but not a large difference.

With a full offseason and a good part of a regular season in our offense, there is a good chance the light clicks and his average shoots up a yard or more per carry.  If our line improves, it stands to go up even more.

It's comical that people are willing to throw in the towel on a 23 year old running back selected 3rd overall when he hasn't been on the team and through a full offseason yet.  If GMs did that sort of thing, you'd never see a talented player at any position because no one would ever be given a chance to develop.  Peyton Manning... psssh, that bum threw more INTs than TDs his first season.

Long story short, why do people think he will ever be any different than he is?  Simple, time in a system yields experience in a system, and when players don't have to think as much, they can simply do.  That usually leads to much better statistics.

Correct. We are all waiting to see him come out of his shell and turn into our own beast-mode. Hopefully that is this season.

if it's always 2.3 then how is his career avg over 3 ypc?

Because he gained 3.6 per carry as a rookie. He hasn't been close to that for the Colts. If you want to discuss this more, please move it to the T Richardson thread. I didn't really mean to disrupt this one.

How the heck is it his fault he gets hit behind the line? See if you watched the game you would see that Pep (I dont like but thats another story) sets him up too fail with terrible formations.

Did the box scores or Yahoo play by play at least mention Trent had above average blocking, during the Giants game...

Did the box scores or Yahoo play by play at least mention Trent had above average blocking, during the Giants game...

It is amazing to me that in almost a year Trent is the only running back that gets bad blocking. Every other back that ran behind that line gained yards. I know that your next words are that "Trent is used differently". If that is the case, stop using him that way and put him in a situation where he can succeed. I don't think that situation exists but I am still willing to see it happen.

It is amazing to me that in almost a year Trent is the only running back that gets bad blocking. Every other back that ran behind that line gained yards. I know that your next words are that "Trent is used differently". If that is the case, stop using him that way and put him in a situation where he can succeed. I don't think that situation exists but I am still willing to see it happen.

???

Not sure why you quoted me on this, but I was saying while Trents run plays remain underwhelming his pass protection & blocking is above average...

I'm not gonna make excuses for Trents running, even though I think roughly two quarters of play is a little premature to write the guy off this season, I'm just trying to point out the things that Trent is doing fairly well, pass blocking, something D. Brown struggled with...