Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos LB Trevethan to miss 6-8 week

oldunclemark

Denver should be better on defense overall just as a result of personnel changes. Trevathan was one of their best players down the stretch last year. It'll be tougher for them but as others have pointed out, even worst-case it looks like he'll miss 3 or 4 regular season games. Bone breaks tend to heal a lot faster and more thoroughly than soft tissue injuries (unless you're Rob Gronkowski, apparently). He'll be back soon.

Been wondering about their offense... think it will be as good as 2013? If Welker is healthy (he was not himself after that last concussion last year) that will help, obviously. I'm just not sure if there will be a drop-off from Decker to Sanders, and from Moreno to Ball. It's not like Seattle put some complicated scheme up... that was all about talent and personnel. And most teams can't come close to the 'Hawks secondary. 

I see their offense humming along barring crazy injuries. It won't be record breaking like last year but will be plenty good enough to toast most AFC teams.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. But inclement weather would have helped them given they would have played better than Manning. Not to mention the home field advantage for the Pats anyways given how much Manning struggles in Foxboro in general.

I am lost.

You make a statement like Manning lucked out. Thats a disrespectful thing to say about a player and a team. Both Brady and Rivers played at the same weather and they lost the game. If Manning struggles in cold weather, Brady struggles in nice weather?.

Home field advantage is a different discussion all together. Of course, its big for any team not just Pats and Denver.

I am lost.

You make a statement like Manning lucked out. Thats a disrespectful thing to say about a player and a team. Both Brady and Rivers played at the same weather and they lost the game. If Manning struggles in cold weather, Brady struggles in nice weather?.

Home field advantage is a different discussion all together. Of course, its big for any team not just Pats and Denver.

It was lucky as Denver weather in January can be treacherous and Manning does struggle in cold/windy conditions. Credit to him for playing better than Rivers and Brady in sunny conditions.

Home field is the bigger key for sure. Pats need that if they are going to get back to the SB IMO.

It was lucky as Denver weather in January can be treacherous and Manning does struggle in cold/windy conditions. Credit to him for playing better than Rivers and Brady in sunny conditions.

Home field is the bigger key for sure. Pats need that if they are going to get back to the SB IMO.

Yep, Pats need the home field badly to go to SB. That applies to Denver as well. 

Its not easy to win in Foxboro for any team except Ravens ( they just feel very comfortable out there ).

Yep, Pats need the home field badly to go to SB. That applies to Denver as well. 

Its not easy to win in Foxboro for any team except Ravens ( they just feel very comfortable out there ).

Well I think it's kind of hard to win in Denver too. haha   Just ask the Pats after last years loss. :thmup:

Well I think it's kind of hard to win in Denver too. haha   Just ask the Pats after last years loss. :thmup:

Even before Manning the Patriots had a tough time in Denver. I think it's the only team that BB/TB have a losing record against overall. Must be something about the color orange.  ;)

The turning point last year (IMO) was when Denver lost to SD on a Thursday. The Patriots had a chance (based on their head-to-head victory against the Broncos) to grab the top seed, but lost the following Sunday to Miami. 

You guys saw the Denver-NE game in November at Gillette. It was by far Manning's worst game of the year (19/36, 150 yards, still threw for 2 TDs, 1 INT). Wind was howling that night big-time. If there is a rematch of the AFCCG this year, the Patriots would obviously love for it to be at home...

I do think the Ravens have closed the gap a bit and the Steelers might be improved too.

The Colts benefit more from stability on the OC and DC fronts and we have added pieces like Arthur Jones and DQwell Jackson to help with our run D and pass coverage respectively in the front 7 area. Plus, offensively, if you don't think adding Moncrief and Hakeem Nicks will make any impact and the return of a healthy Dwayne Allen, I am not sure how I can ever convince you that the Colts haven't improved.

I just think the media chooses to talk more about the Broncos and Patriots acquisitions because of their QBs, so be it; we will see at the end of the year. My bets are that one of them is not in the AFCCG.

..wow..the Colts have serious O-line problems and who caries the ball..is also a major question

I don't love Moncrief and Nicks like you do..Nicks has a lot to prove

I don't know if Reggie Wayne is 100%

WE don't have Robert Mathis for 4 games and players don't do well after missing significant parts of the season on suspension.

..and I still don't know we can stop the run.

Andrew Luck will carry the 'O' a long way but we must come into the 21st Century and not try to build a power running game,.

I think Chuck and Pep realize we are not suited for that but I need to see that.

If you're betting that NEITHER New England or Denver is going to be in the AFC title game, don't bet anything you cant afford to lose.

Even before Manning the Patriots had a tough time in Denver. I think it's the only team that BB/TB have a losing record against overall. Must be something about the color orange.  ;)

The turning point last year (IMO) was when Denver lost to SD on a Thursday. The Patriots had a chance (based on their head-to-head victory against the Broncos) to grab the top seed, but lost the following Sunday to Miami. 

You guys saw the Denver-NE game in November at Gillette. It was by far Manning's worst game of the year (19/36, 150 yards, still threw for 2 TDs, 1 INT). Wind was howling that night big-time. If there is a rematch of the AFCCG this year, the Patriots would obviously love for it to be at home...

I think that game gave a major morale boost for Denver. They almost won in that weather. Losing DRC in the second half changed the game. Of course Ball's fumble started it. Then Manning throwed a pick. And Welker handed the game over.

Apparently you didn't watch the last afccg. It's delusional to think pats are going bAck to the sb

Why Jiggy? Curious to know what's behind that statement. 

Despite the fact that the Broncos pretty much dominated (at one point I think they scored points on six consecutive drives) and the Patriots went in there without so many key guys, they were still a two-point conversion away from making it a one-score game with just over three minutes left. I agree it was more lopsided (for the most part) than the score indicated, but it wasn't a blowout of the same magnitude of the Super Bowl. 

I can see picking against NE in a rematch, but I think "delusional" is pretty strong. Tell me why I'm wrong. 

I think that game gave a major morale boost for Denver. They almost won in that weather. Losing DRC in the second half changed the game. Of course Ball's fumble started it. Then Manning throwed a pick. And Welker handed the game over.

You think so? Not disagreeing with you but I'm not sure a team gets a morale boost after blowing a 24-0 halftime lead. 

You think so? Not disagreeing with you but I'm not sure a team gets a morale boost after blowing a 24-0 halftime lead. 

I am saying more from a weather perspective and taking the game to over time. I mean there were some terrible mental mistakes and losing players at the wrong time. Odds of that repeating is not very high.

I actually prefer Denver at Pats for AFCCG. We will see how the regular season game goes. November 2nd i believe. I just want both team to be fully healthy.

I am saying more from a weather perspective and taking the game to over time. I mean there were some terrible mental mistakes and losing players at the wrong time. Odds of that repeating is not very high.

I actually prefer Denver at Pats for AFCCG. We will see how the regular season game goes. November 2nd i believe. I just want both team to be fully healthy.

Ah, gotcha. Well they ran practically at will over the Patriots' defense that night... close to 300 yards I think? It was sick. 

Denver is never an easy place to play. Good crowd, the altitude, etc. If the Patriots are fortunate to get that far again I'm hoping it's in Foxboro. 

Ah, gotcha. Well they ran practically at will over the Patriots' defense that night... close to 300 yards I think? It was sick. 

Denver is never an easy place to play. Good crowd, the altitude, etc. If the Patriots are fortunate to get that far again I'm hoping it's in Foxboro. 

Two legends play again.

I mean combined batting average of .500 ( 8 SBs appearance in 16 times at the same time period ), thats something.

Only other AFC team i give a chance is the Colts.

Of course key injuries change everything but I would say that you guys are the favorite to have home field advantage given the schedules this year. Denver's division and the NFC West....I can't see them going 13-3 again...likely 11-5/12-4. Your team should be favored I believe in almost every game this year. I would be surprised if you dropped more than 2 games. If you get the normal NE weather in the playoffs...I think that is a huge advantage for you guys. Brady is killer accurate on those short routes and you've definately been able to run the ball...that said everyone has to play the games..and we've seen upsets every year so it should be exciting!

Of course key injuries change everything but I would say that you guys are the favorite to have home field advantage given the schedules this year. Denver's division and the NFC West....I can't see them going 13-3 again...likely 11-5/12-4. Your team should be favored I believe in almost every game this year. I would be surprised if you dropped more than 2 games. If you get the normal NE weather in the playoffs...I think that is a huge advantage for you guys. Brady is killer accurate on those short routes and you've definately been able to run the ball...that said everyone has to play the games..and we've seen upsets every year so it should be exciting!

Thanks man! There is a lot of optimism this season with the additions of Revis and Browner and the returns of Wilfork, Mayo, and (hopefully) Gronk. 

I also see it coming down to the Patriots, Broncos, and Colts in the conference. I think the Steelers and Ravens could factor in too, but those three should be playing on divisional weekend. 

Thanks man! There is a lot of optimism this season with the additions of Revis and Browner and the returns of Wilfork, Mayo, and (hopefully) Gronk. 

I also see it coming down to the Patriots, Broncos, and Colts in the conference. I think the Steelers and Ravens could factor in too, but those three should be playing on divisional weekend. 

You have every reason to be optimistic....you have a HOF coach...HOF QB and not just any but Tom Brady....even with an average supporting cast your a lock for the playoffs...but indeed with your additions by getting healthy and the offseason acquisitions I think your the team to beat. I agree with your accessment of the conference. I think Cincy though still has the inside track in that division...that defense is too good and offensively...they are very balanced. I think SD and Pittsburg are the wild cards...I don't trust Baltimore's running game to get back to the playoffs.

They got to the Championship Game with mediocre receivers and no Gronkowski. I'm pretty sure it isn't a stretch to think they can get to the Super Bowl with all the new additions they've made to their roster, including one of the top two corners in the NFL.

right, and im pretty sure now that the broncos have a healthy vickerson, miller, clady, not to mention tj ward, ware, and talib that its not even going to be close.

manning automatically plays like rex grossman in foxborro and cold weather (even though he plays in denver Colorado. but when tom brady plays peyton and lose, peyton lucked out. sounds legit and unbiased, i

im just so glad we have such wonderful posters here to kick peyton down a level and tell us how great tom terrific is. no just kidding, its really annoying 

brady has been choking in the playoffs since 2011

he probably will never beat manning again to get to the big one as he has been choking consistently, brady isnt winning anything in the post season if he doesnt have homefield which he wont

manning automatically plays like rex grossman in foxborro and cold weather (even though he plays in denver Colorado. but when tom brady plays peyton and lose, peyton lucked out. sounds legit and unbiased, i

im just so glad we have such wonderful posters here to kick peyton down a level and tell us how great tom terrific is. no just kidding, its really annoying 

brady has been choking in the playoffs since 2011

he probably will never beat manning again to get to the big one as he has been choking consistently, brady isnt winning anything in the post season if he doesnt have homefield which he wont

Relax. It is pretty well known that Manning struggles in windy, cold conditions. His game in Foxboro last Nov. is evidence of that. Having the sunny weather in Denver in Jan this past post-season was a great thing for him and he took advantage by outplaying both Rivers and Brady. But if the champ game is in Foxboro this season than it will be tough for him to get back to the bowl. That is all the poster was saying. Don't take everything so personal by thinking every post that is critical of Manning is some gauntlet being thrown down. He is a great QB but not perfect. 

Relax. It is pretty well known that Manning struggles in windy, cold conditions. His game in Foxboro last Nov. is evidence of that. Having the sunny weather in Denver in Jan this past post-season was a great thing for him and he took advantage by outplaying both Rivers and Brady. But if the champ game is in Foxboro this season than it will be tough for him to get back to the bowl. That is all the poster was saying. Don't take everything so personal by thinking every post that is critical of Manning is some gauntlet being thrown down. He is a great QB but not perfect. 

or maybe players just play better at home.....hmmmmm

right, and im pretty sure now that the broncos have a healthy vickerson, miller, clady, not to mention tj ward, ware, and talib that its not even going to be close.

Yeah...like I already said the Patriots added plenty of quality players to an already well-coached team. But hey let's just throw logic out the window....

Yeah...like I already said the Patriots added plenty of quality players to an already well-coached team. But hey let's just throw logic out the window....

They really didn't add any good players besides revis

Browner isn't good and the rest are returning from injury including an acl tear. I think Denver got a lot better and people seem to forget they got as far as they did without arguably the best if not top 3 pass rushers in the game and an nfl all pro left tackle

They really didn't add any good players besides revis

Browner isn't good and the rest are returning from injury including an acl tear. I think Denver got a lot better and people seem to forget they got as far as they did without arguably the best if not top 3 pass rushers in the game and an nfl all pro left tackle

Von Miller played in nine games lol. And that is all fine and dandy but that is your opinion...others would say that Browner is a fine player, as is Brandon LaFell and a guy that is very familiar with their defense in Patrick Chung. And it is a bit hypocritical to think that the Patriots won't make it back after they got to the same championship game as the Broncos did with severely less offensive talent at their disposal. They got better too, and it will show this year. Like Shane said though....I'm all for an AFC South Championship Game, it's time to get some new blood at QB in the SB for the AFC lol.

Von Miller played in nine games lol. And that is all fine and dandy but that is your opinion...others would say that Browner is a fine player, as is Brandon LaFell and a guy that is very familiar with their defense in Patrick Chung. And it is a bit hypocritical to think that the Patriots won't make it back after they got to the same championship game as the Broncos did with severely less offensive talent at their disposal. They got better too, and it will show this year. Like Shane said though....I'm all for an AFC South Championship Game, it's time to get some new blood at QB in the SB for the AFC lol.

Lafell and Chung are bad players. Chung is particularly terrible.

His high ankle sprain clearly had nothing to do with it, only the cold and wind.

LaFell has averaged high ypc every year he's played with Cam Newton though he hasn't yet eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark in a season. Playing with Brady, he is going to definitely get his fair share of balls thrown his way and I expect his ypc to get even higher. As for Chung I'm not saying he is good but he knows the system. I'm not sure how much New England is going to be depending on him though.

Lafell is not a bad player at all. Chung I think is more of just a TC guy who knows the system. The Pats got him on the cheap and he can help bring along the young guys. I would be surprised if he made the team as anything other than a specialty player.

Right, and miller wasn't there for the playoffs, which is why I said got as far as they did to the sb. I don't think Darrel revis is going to mAke up for Brady's consistently below average play the last couple of years in the plAyoffs, just last year he was bad mouthing Bellichick they'll prolly have issues

Right, and miller wasn't there for the playoffs, which is why I said got as far as they did to the sb. I don't think Darrel revis is going to mAke up for Brady's consistently below average play the last couple of years in the plAyoffs, just last year he was bad mouthing Bellichick they'll prolly have issues

Guess you missed time of possession in the NE/Denver game where Denver dominated because the NE D could not get off the field once Talib went down. With Revis out there, Brady will actually have the ball to go and score.

Lafell is not a bad player at all. Chung I think is more of just a TC guy who knows the system. The Pats got him on the cheap and he can help bring along the young guys. I would be surprised if he made the team as anything other than a specialty player.

The most WR depleted team in the NFL let him walk when they could have re-signed him for peanuts. Tells you a lot of what they thought of him.