Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Team Will Have To Go Like 4-28 Or Worse...

dn4192

There are those here who believe for the best interest of the Colts franchise a total reconstruction of the franchise must happen. These people point out some very good issues and concerns, but I have to wonder how many of them think even if the Colts go 0-16 this year that it will be enough for Irsay to do what some here want? Personally I don't think going 0-16 will be enough to cause radical change, especially if Peyton comes back and can play next year. I think before the draft we will know on what level Peyton will be able to go and at that point the direction of the draft will take place, but I don't see major wholesale changes occuring until this franchise has back to back horrible seasons and then I feel Irsay will begin to consider changes. Right now no matter what the final record is this year, the plan will be to make some minor changes in coaching and position players and see what happens in 2013.

Am I wrong?

I think that you may be right. If Manning comes back next year and we have a winning season, the FO will think that they've made the right move, however, we'll know what we've known all along, which is that Manning has covered up for so many of the deficiencies that this team has.

If the Colts can't even win a game then Irsay should make a change. Its completely warranted and no one would be surprised.

I think there will be change, but there is a huge difference in making a change and gutting the entire staff and roster which some want to see happen.

At the very least Coyer is gone. If Polian wasn't talking up Caldwell so much, I'd be sure he's gone as well. Bill could just be doing standard rah rah but there has been so much I wonder.

Irsay's tweets suggest there will be some changes but who knows to what extent. Last time we were this bad he cleaned house. Of course we weren't coming off a dynasty type run.

I think there will be change, but there is a huge difference in making a change and gutting the entire staff and roster which some want to see happen.

Gutting the roster would be foolish. Polian is smarter than that, he well replace the veterans slowly over time, probably over the span of 3 years. He just needs to replace the weakest links for now.

There are those here who believe for the best interest of the Colts franchise a total reconstruction of the franchise must happen. These people point out some very good issues and concerns, but I have to wonder how many of them think even if the Colts go 0-16 this year that it will be enough for Irsay to do what some here want? Personally I don't think going 0-16 will be enough to cause radical change, especially if Peyton comes back and can play next year. I think before the draft we will know on what level Peyton will be able to go and at that point the direction of the draft will take place, but I don't see major wholesale changes occuring until this franchise has back to back horrible seasons and then I feel Irsay will begin to consider changes. Right now no matter what the final record is this year, the plan will be to make some minor changes in coaching and position players and see what happens in 2013.

Am I wrong?

A total reconstruction would be that the FO is changed. And it may very well be warranted. If PM does not come back you are looking at another terrible yr 2012. Or can you tell me why that won't happen if PM is not playing. Is there something that the FO is doing now that they havent done in yrs that is going to change things in just one draft. Please. They have had a lot of years to compile a solid football team whether PM is playing or not and now Im going to think that they can turn it around in one year. You sound like all of the politicians I know that tell me something is going to get better and it never does.

DN, you know what we know about Peyton's health, and everything this FO does is based around that. Is Luck a good idea going forward, is Caldwell crap or just ok, is Polian insane or bad or whiffing, is Irsay high? None of it matters with some wins and we don't have any, so it's all called in to question. What do you want? Since we get Luck we take him, If Peyton can go we play him, what's so hard about this?

Back to the orginial question...I think you are wrong...I believe the Polians are staying, but other changes will occur...min Tresser goes to DC, after that would like to see HC and OC, but not sure if enought pressure yet...

Tressel was always an offensive coach so if he ends up anywhere it will likely be on that side of the ball.