Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hello Jimmy Garoppolo

amfootball

Guest nflfan014

Brady's arm strength is not fantastic. I predict he never throws over 30 TDs in a season again... Unlike mr drop 55 and still gave haters...

I don't care if he throws 30 TD if the Patriots win the SB.  That's the difference.  Peyton followers watch football to root for Peyton and fantasy football.  Most people are fans of a team.  Yes I'm aware there are Brady ballwashers out there; I'm not one of them.  I like watching him, but I've been a Patriots fan long before he was even in high school.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brady is declining, what does that say about Peyton's performance in the SB and lack of arm strength in general? (Not that I believe Peyton is done either...both are here for a few more years.)

This thread is about Patriots QBs.

You are first one to drag Peyton to this thread and on top of that you question fanhood of posters who reply to it  :scratch:

Are you a Colts fan or a Broncos fan?  If you're a Colts fan, you have a pretty damn good quarterback currently leading your team, and I'd be more worried about him than a noodle-armed QB that hasn't taken a snap for Indy since 2010.

So sums up this NFL forum. Embrace the present. Embrace Luck. Makes me wonder if some here will be pulling for Peyton to win in week one ...

So sums up this NFL forum. Embrace the present. Embrace Luck. Makes me wonder if some here will be pulling for Peyton to win in week one ...

Some people who said they were Colts fans wore Manning Bronco jerseys to the Indy-Denver game last year.  It's their right but they're more Manning fans than they are Colts fans.  But, hey, this is America.

I will be rooting for the colts, just like i did last year. But i will root for the broncos the rest of the season, unless we see them in the playoffs. Fans that aren't from Indy wouldn't understand

I will be rooting for the colts, just like i did last year. But i will root for the broncos the rest of the season, unless we see them in the playoffs. Fans that aren't from Indy wouldn't understand

I get it on one level being a Colts fan and a Manning fan. But you do realize that NOT having to play Denver to advance in the playoffs or possible go to the SB is a good thing? I mean they are the AFC favs so having them lose is what Colts fans should be rooting for IMO.

I get it on one level being a Colts fan and a Manning fan. But you do realize that NOT having to play Denver to advance in the playoffs or possible go to the SB is a good thing? I mean they are the AFC favs so having them lose is what Colts fans should be rooting for IMO.

Rooting for a team has no bearing on the outcome.

To the bolded - that comment may sum it up the best. I don't get it all. I would never root for Brady if he was in the same conference as the Pats. Especially if his team was the favorite in the AFC. I would want them to lose and lose a lot so the Pats would have the best chance of going to the bowl.

Guest nflfan014

To the bolded - that comment may sum it up the best. I don't get it all. I would never root for Brady if he was in the same conference as the Pats. Especially if his team was the favorite in the AFC. I would want them to lose and lose a lot so the Pats would have the best chance of going to the bowl.

Exactly. 

Guest nflfan014

This thread is about Patriots QBs.

You are first one to drag Peyton to this thread and on top of that you question fanhood of posters who reply to it  :scratch:

Says the Pats-hater who has Brady on his avatar.

If they lose twice, that is enough. Provided both losses are to the colts

Guest nflfan014

I brought up Peyton because Jiggy made an ignorant comment about Brady that also had nothing to do with the original post - Jimmy Goropollo's performance.  Jiggy took a shot at Brady, and me and other Pats fans jumped in, which is what he probably wanted to begin with.

About the Peyton, to root for or not for stuff, I just find it fasincating.  Like amfootball said, if Brady was on a team that was an AFC favorite, I'd want them to lose as many games as possible.  I'm a Brady fan, but I have no emotional attachment to players that are no longer on the team, especially if I had a really good current QB. 

Guest nflfan014

The pats need a new qb soon, brady is declining every year, it really shows in his horrible deep ball lol. the man got to the afcccg while throwing 1 td... peace bro

I mean, surely he expected a response from Pats fans?  And when he questions Brady's deep ball, it's not like that's Peyton's specialty anymore either (not that I believe either of them are done.)

I brought up Peyton because Jiggy made an ignorant comment about Brady that also had nothing to do with the original post - Jimmy Goropollo's performance. Jiggy took a shot at Brady, and me and other Pats fans jumped in, which is what he probably wanted to begin with.

About the Peyton, to root for or not for stuff, I just find it fasincating. Like amfootball said, if Brady was on a team that was an AFC favorite, I'd want them to lose as many games as possible. I'm a Brady fan, but I have no emotional attachment to players that are no longer on the team, especially if I had a really good current QB.

So what did bringing peyton into the conversation accomplish?

Mallets not the answer and he's served his time if BB can deal him. Bill's not afraid to move on.  

Brady and Peyton have descent arm strength and neither has diminished much from what I can tell. They are touch passers who rely smarts and deception. Both can unleash a laser or bomb if need be. 

Guest nflfan014

Peyton doesn't play here anymore. Why not say Luck?

This is the NFL forum where there is a lot of Brady/Manning talk, and a lot of Colts fans are also Broncos/Peyton fans as is seen by Jiggy and others' responses.  You can't expect (not you, him) to take a shot at Brady for something Peyton lacks and not expect a response from Pats fans.

This is a pretty consistent mindset I've seen among Patriots and Colts fans. The reason for it, I think, is just that Manning really has no equal in Indianapolis. The city has had football since the 80s and the Pacers arrived in, what, the late 60s? That's just not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things. 

So what I'm saying is that there is less of a tradition and a pantheon of great athletes out there than there is here in Boston. In Indy, Manning stands alone more or less. In Boston, he would - like Brady has - be included with the "Mt. Rushmore" types. Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, etc-etc.

This is a pretty consistent mindset I've seen among Patriots and Colts fans. The reason for it, I think, is just that Manning really has no equal in Indianapolis. The city has had football since the 80s and the Pacers arrived in, what, the late 60s? That's just not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things.

So what I'm saying is that there is less of a tradition and a pantheon of great athletes out there than there is here in Boston. In Indy, Manning stands alone more or less. In Boston, he would - like Brady has - be included with the "Mt. Rushmore" types. Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, etc-etc.

That makes sense i guess. The only other pro player that comes close in Indy would be Reggie Miller

Says the Pats-hater who has Brady on his avatar.

Like Jvan, what has this to do with bringing in Peyton.

Also, show me a post where i said i hate Brady.

Continue with every other posts of your Manning hating, you will be gone sooner than you think from this forum. :thmup:

Guest nflfan014

Like Jvan, what has this to do with bringing in Peyton.

Also, show me a post where i said i hate Brady.

Continue with every other posts of your Manning hating, you will be gone sooner than you think from this forum. :thmup:

Well you have an avatar of Brady losing a game to the Giants and shaking hands with Eli with Gisele for some apparent reason on Eli's back (like that would ever happen) and you criticize the Patriots any chance you get.  So I'd say that's "hating" them but if you want to play semantics, that's fine. 

Well you have an avatar of Brady losing a game to the Giants and shaking hands with Eli with Gisele for some apparent reason on Eli's back (like that would ever happen) and you criticize the Patriots any chance you get.  So I'd say that's "hating" them but if you want to play semantics, that's fine. 

I take you are a Colts fan with your horseshoe avatar then.

Welcome abroad.  :clap:  :disco:

Hopefully Paul George is added to that list, I think he will be great, despite the injury, and easily better than Miller, even despite the injury, but thats off-topic.

I don't know about easily. He has a long way to go before he reaches Reggies status

Guest nflfan014

I take you are a Colts fan with your horseshoe avatar then.

Welcome abroad.  :clap:  :disco:

Actually, while I'm not a fan, I respect the current Colts organization with Pagano, Luck, etc. and think Luck will win a couple SBs before all is said and done.  Just didn't like the the Dungy/Polian era.

Stop bragging about your great Boston teams :)

Wow, talk about an over reaction to a pre-season game.....sheesh.....

Need I remind you...

Looking comfortable in Jason Garrett’s offense, Weeden connected on 13-of-17 passes for 107 yards and a touchdown in the first two quarters of the Cowboys’ exhibition opener at San Diego on Thursday night.

Actually, while I'm not a fan, I respect the current Colts organization with Pagano, Luck, etc. and think Luck will win a couple SBs before all is said and done.  Just didn't like the the Dungy/Polian era.

Why do non Colts fans keep coming to a Colts forum? 

I realize we are awesome, but just curious.