Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release preseason Depth Chart

TKnight24

Look's right to me. So, since we got TRich via a trade, do we not get to use the 5th year option on him ?

My guess is we end up doing that but as of right now at this point in time he has not proven to be worth it...But I expect that to change

Colts official depth chart should be released Sunday

From Steve Andress, the Colts media reporter:

@ColtsReporter: “@Nodnarb30: @ColtsAuth_Kyle @ColtsReporter is he 4th on depth chart right now?” >>> depth chart out Sunday I believe, but possibly.

Look's right to me. So, since we got TRich via a trade, do we not get to use the 5th year option on him ?

We have the right to use the 5th year option. Has to be exercised sometime before the draft in 2015, and can't be done until after this season (possibly after the start of the 2015 league year in March). 

At this point, I'd say it's highly unlikely that we pull the trigger on that option for Richardson. I'd probably say there's less than a 5% chance.

Unrelated but:

@FO_RiversMcCown: The Texans drafted nine players in 2013. Three of them are still on the roster. That second-year leap, tho...

And some people say Grigson 2013 draft was bad.

I've never understood it. It wasn't the superstar draft that 2012 was, but Werner, Thornton, Holmes and Hughes are going to be big for us.

I've never understood it. It wasn't the superstar draft that 2012 was, but Werner, Thornton, Holmes and Hughes are going to be big for us.

Totally agree...if they all don't play better this year, and then really create a core next year, then yes, the 2013 draft was bad. I seriously don't understand the media perception--coming from many different places--that Grigs has been terrible the last two years and the Colts have no talent except Luck. I really hope they all have to back track after this season. 

We have the right to use the 5th year option. Has to be exercised sometime before the draft in 2015, and can't be done until after this season (possibly after the start of the 2015 league year in March). 

At this point, I'd say it's highly unlikely that we pull the trigger on that option for Richardson. I'd probably say there's less than a 5% chance.

I did a little research and found this http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/trent-richardson/

When you look at the TRich profile, it doesnt show a 5th year option, Now if you go to Luck's profile it will show one, which makes me think since we got him via a trade the option was wiped out. Just to clear things up, I'm not saying that we need to use it on him if we can, was just curious if we had the option.

I did a little research and found this http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/trent-richardson/

When you look at the TRich profile, it doesnt show a 5th year option, Now if you go to Luck's profile it will show one, which makes me think since we got him via a trade the option was wiped out. Just to clear things up, I'm not saying that we need to use it on him if we can, was just curious if we had the option.

I'm fairly confident that we acquired his existing contract in its totality, including the option. I don't think the option is negated by virtue of his being traded.

I'm fairly confident that we acquired his existing contract in its totality, including the option. I don't think the option is negated by virtue of his being traded.

Yeah, I haven't looked for that specifically. Maybe I'll dig into it further, heading into next offseason, if there isn't a clarification before then. But I'm fairly certain that we still have a fifth year option on Richardson. Spotrac is great, but they sometimes miss little details. Best part is that they're constantly updating as they get new information, so you can usually count on them to eventually get it right.