Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

P$ w/ no Mathis

NDcolt

Those had their fair share of wobbly duck passes too. Not taking anything away from the sheriff, just saying he's nowhere near what he was here in Indy as far as accuracy & velocity on the pigskin goes

might have lost a little bit of the velocity but not accuracy.  I definitely disagree there.

I think the TC came up with P$, because I have never seen that before, and I post on here pretty much daily. No one better start using it, or I'll stalk them to the ends of the Internet.

I must take this oportunity to insert irony. My former girlfriend, now wife, had the nickname of P$ (P-Money) long before I met her. My last name is Manning, so on instagram she is now TheRealPManning haha. But seriously, she is P-Money now and forevermore lol. I was wondering when it started on the forum lol

What is going to make this hard is that we have to play the Eagles the week after.  Both the Broncos and the Eagle want to run 75 plays a game this season.  The best way to slow down an offense like that is to get three and outs and the best way to do that is with a nice pass rush to make the QB make bad decisions.  Well clearly not having Mathis is going to hurt that.  Someone is going to have to step up and be able to get to the QB or our defense could be gassed after two games of the season. 

The best way to slow down an offense like that is to get three and outs and the best way to do that is with a nice pass rush to make the QB make bad decisions. 

The other way to do that is convert more 3rd downs on the field to sustain long drives by the Colts offense thus giving the defense fresh legs to deal with whatever the opponent throws at us on defense, especially in the thin air.

The other way to do that is convert more 3rd downs on the field to sustain long drives by the Colts offense thus giving the defense fresh legs to deal with whatever the opponent throws at us on defense, especially in the thin air.

and the best way to have that is a pounding ground game that grind out first downs and control the clock.  I would expect the Colts to come out running in both games on offense.

That is the key. Long scoring drives, take pressure off of the defense.

Those had their fair share of wobbly duck passes too. Not taking anything away from the sheriff, just saying he's nowhere near what he was here in Indy as far as accuracy & velocity on the pigskin goes

You should quickly abandon this thread and this line of thinking altogether. No need to embarass yourself any further.

Whed discussing the fall of Peyton Manning, probably best to not do it after his team reached the Super Bowl and he set all time NFL passing records.

No one throws for 55 TD's and not be accurate with the ball.

he's coming off maybe his best season ever and taking his team to the Super Bowl and unpredentrd fifth league MVP award. Even if he's nowhere near what he was in Indy he's still the best QB in the game today and if don't believe me ask the NFL players who just voted him the best player in the league.

Manning has never thrown the prettiest ball even here. His accuracy and velocity are just fine.

he's coming off maybe his best season ever and taking his team to the Super Bowl and unpredentrd fifth league MVP award. Even if he's nowhere near what he was in Indy he's still the best QB in the game today and if don't believe me ask the NFL players who just voted him the best player in the league.

Manning has never thrown the prettiest ball even here. His accuracy and velocity are just fine.

The top 100 players list? Seriously? That things a joke

The top 100 players list? Seriously? That things a joke

55 TDs, a trip to the Super Bowl and a fifth MVP are not. The 100 players thing by its self is a joke when added in with the other things it just adds to the mile stones from last year. You may think Peyton isn't the same player as he was before and he might not be but he's still one of the top five players in the league if not the best.

I watched Manning's SFX a couple weeks ago. It showed some of his passes from early in his career, with several wobblers. He's always thrown a little bit of a wobbler from time to time. I think Dallas Clark said it made his passes easier to catch, which I found ironic.

However, I also watched the Broncos/Cowboys game yesterday (or some of it; NFLN was on in the office). Manning made a throw to Welker, late in that game, behind the LB, in front of the safety, and it was an absolute rocket. Better yet, it was perfectly placed, and no one had a shot at it but Welker. 

I mention that because sometimes people get this idea that Manning's arm strength is subpar, that he can't place the ball in tight windows anymore, and his key to success is throwing the ball earlier. That's not always the case. He's not throwing lasers on 20 yard outs like Cutler and Rodgers, and he doesn't have the long ball or velocity of Brady, but his arm is still more than adequate.