Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes speaks on open C competition

TKnight24

@KBowenColts: Khaled Holmes on the @Colts open starting center spot: “It’s such a great opportunity I’ve been presented with."

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Khaled-Holmes-On-Starting-Center-%E2%80%9CIt%E2%80%99s-Such-A-Great-Opportunity-I%E2%80%99ve-Been-Presented-With%E2%80%9D-/8779b4a2-84bf-4751-bc49-6793b00e545a

This is my entry for the competition:

CGCGCE

Where do I collect my winnings?

let me guess before I read the article:

• He's disappointed with how last season went with the injury
  • He's excited about the chance to show what he has this year
  • College rivalry with Luck doesn't mean anything, he thinks Luck is a great talent
  • The Colts organization is great from top to bottom and he was lucky to be picked by such an organization.
  • The city of Indianapolis has welcomed him with open arms and it's a great place to call home.

Let me know if I got close.

• College rivalry with Luck doesn't mean anything, he thinks Luck is a great talent
  • The Colts organization is great from top to bottom and he was lucky to be picked by such an organization.
  • The city of Indianapolis has welcomed him with open arms and it's a great place to call home.

Wow spot on... I don't know how you do it. Must be some kind of secret mastermind, or maybe reads the article before acting like they are guessing! Probably a mastermind though!

Wow spot on... I don't know how you do it. Must be some kind of secret mastermind, or maybe reads the article before acting like they are guessing! Probably a mastermind though!

I'm sure he likes everything here including the weather just as much if not more then Southern California.  

It is simple....Coffee is a miracle drug and it effects people in many ways.

Either that, or Coffee has read so many articles that the writer tends to ask athletes the same questions over and over and over and....did I say over yet?  :)

Definitely a mastermind ;).  Brent kind of hit on it below.  It's a Colts.com article, they always ask the same questions and athletes always give the same type of answers.  The wording may be a bit different but the overall message is the same.

And a player will never say anything like, "Well, I really wanted to be drafted by Team X but since Team Y took me, I will do my best for them."  Or, things are so different than I expected, everybody in this locker room is a cancer.

It is simple....Coffee is a miracle drug and it effects people in many ways.

Either that, or Coffee has read so many articles that the writer tends to ask athletes the same questions over and over and over and....did I say over yet?   :)

Coffee is a miracle food (not a drug) and it gives me all my super powers.

Definitely a mastermind ;). Brent kind of hit on it below. It's a Colts.com article, they always ask the same questions and athletes always give the same type of answers. The wording may be a bit different but the overall message is the same.

And a player will never say anything like, "Well, I really wanted to be drafted by Team X but since Team Y took me, I will do my best for them." Or, things are so different than I expected, everybody in this locker room is a cancer.

Coffee is a miracle food (not a drug) and it gives me all my super powers.

Yeah that is true! And that's quite impressive.. What's the powerful coffee potion? Black or maybeeee Decaf with tons of sugar?

Yeah that is true! And that's quite impressive.. What's the powerful coffee potion? Black or maybeeee Decaf with tons of sugar?

I, personally, don't think people should mess with God's perfect natural substance by removing the caffeine or adding sugar or cream.  That is worse than pouring ketchup on a perfectly grilled ribeye.

Back on topic.... I like Holmes.  In the few snaps he got last year he did not look overwhelmed mentally or physically had good movement and when he locked onto his defender the guy was out of the play.  I can't wait for the preseason to really study this guy.  I need to check of there are any early bird specials for Gamerewind/preseason.

I, personally, don't think people should mess with God's perfect natural substance by removing the caffeine or adding sugar or cream. That is worse than pouring ketchup on a perfectly grilled ribeye.

Back on topic.... I like Holmes. In the few snaps he got last year he did not look overwhelmed mentally or physically had good movement and when he locked onto his defender the guy was out of the play. I can't wait for the preseason to really study this guy. I need to check of there are any early bird specials for Gamerewind/preseason.

Agreed on both!

Holmes really looks more athletic this year! Just today I was looking at the pics from last year to this year and you can just tell he is going to be able to move easier. I'm impressed so far I'm excited for training camp to see a little of what he can do.

Agreed on both!

Holmes really looks more athletic this year! Just today I was looking at the pics from last year to this year and you can just tell he is going to be able to move easier. I'm impressed so far I'm excited for training camp to see a little of what he can do.

Good observation.  Looking at some of the pictures he seems to have moved some of his belly to his chest and arms (in a good way).

I hope Holmes will do fine and I like starting him, but what if he gets hurt or does struggle bad next year. We could be in a real big hurt if we have to then rely on Harrison. Is Mewhort going to work at competing for center or tackle? Can you really ask a lineman to learn all 3 positions as a rookie? I better trust Nixon for backup at tackle. The more competition at a position, the better.

I, personally, don't think people should mess with God's perfect natural substance by removing the caffeine or adding sugar or cream.  That is worse than pouring ketchup on a perfectly grilled ribeye.

Back on topic.... I like Holmes.  In the few snaps he got last year he did not look overwhelmed mentally or physically had good movement and when he locked onto his defender the guy was out of the play.  I can't wait for the preseason to really study this guy.  I need to check of there are any early bird specials for Gamerewind/preseason.

From the little I have seen of Holmes at the pro level, he moves to 'seal' his defensive linemen well.  This will be critical as you know on trap plays and misdirection.  I may just sneak 20 minutes down the road to see him in action.....If my wife will let me  haha

Ain't nuthin' but a G thang!

Guitar geekery, always fun. 

To try and somewhat contribute to the topic, however the competition pans out we need to find a solid player at C this season, we can't afford another season where our interior line is shocking. 

Wasn't this said last year...and the year before?   :funny:

I sure hope you don't need to copy and paste it again next year Steel City!!  :)

From the little I have seen of Holmes at the pro level, he moves to 'seal' his defensive linemen well.  This will be critical as you know on trap plays and misdirection.  I may just sneak 20 minutes down the road to see him in action.....If my wife will let me  haha

20 minutes which way that is about exactly how far Anderson University is from my folks in Frankton. A little farther you could catch the ponies.

I hope Holmes will do fine and I like starting him, but what if he gets hurt or does struggle bad next year. We could be in a real big hurt if we have to then rely on Harrison. Is Mewhort going to work at competing for center or tackle? Can you really ask a lineman to learn all 3 positions as a rookie? I better trust Nixon for backup at tackle. The more competition at a position, the better.

Jack played LT at Ohio State last season. They didn`t say about him "he will need to move to RT".

No, they said he will need to move inside. There is a reason for that. Slow feet!

Chuck was bragging before last season that Link was a 5 position player. Yet he was a poor RT, would have been a terrible LT, a Center, ha ha ha, and was not much more than a 5th yr body at G.  He signed at KC for $900,000 $250k guaranteed. A Vet body.

We will see about Jack in year one. Injuries Could put him anywhere this season but that is most likely not a good thing for a Rookie and for the team.

Nixons position coach recently spoke highly of his work in camp. lol

No the critical to me is he overwhelmed by big power guys that was the knock on him coming out of college! Movement I don't think will be hard for him!

20 minutes which way that is about exactly how far Anderson University is from my folks in Frankton. A little farther you could catch the ponies.

A little SW.  I thought it was further, but my wife had to go to Anderson..  I have an Indy address but very close to Fortville/McCordsville.

No the critical to me is he overwhelmed by big power guys that was the knock on him coming out of college! Movement I don't think will be hard for him!

I agree that will be his greatest challenge.

I was talking more of what he does well that would help.  I too hope he does not get flattened by Ngata :)

It is a concern but that is the concern of most young lineman... the guys in the NFL are just so much faster and stronger than in college.