Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any Word?

TheBlueAndWhite

Muamba is probably an inside linebacker.

However, I watched a little bit of CFL the past couple weeks, and those boys have to cover a lot of ground. The field is wider, there are six eligible receivers every play, one receiver is allowed to run up to the line of scrimmage before the play starts, and there's a 20 second play clock. All of that leads to a lot of pass attempts, and a lot of plays run. That means linebackers have to have range and stamina, because they have to run. Kind of helps me to appreciate why Freeman is so good getting to the outside.

I've never seen Muamba play, but his measurables suggest that he could be used as a hybrid type nickel backer / safety, in certain packages. He was a star in the CFL, so he's obviously athletic and knows how to find the ball. He should also be a natural on special teams coverage. I'd like to see the coaches get a little creative with him in preseason, see if they can put him in some good situations. We're a little crowded at ILB, so he'll have to make a big impact to win a roster spot.

listed on colts.com he 242 pounds so i don't think safety,he could playing outside backer

KJYB, isn't Kam Chancellor up in Seattle like 220-230?

Muamba isn't too far off haha

Drop 20lbs, he can easily play safety. Maybe we give him a few reps in preseason. Like game 4 when it's all backups

listed on colts.com he 242 pounds so i don't think safety,he could playing outside backer

I like his chances, he was a star at his college and in the CFL. Lot bigger pond now though. Maybe ILB on passing downs.

His brother is a safety in the CFL, for what it's worth.

KJYB, isn't Kam Chancellor up in Seattle like 220-230?

Muamba isn't too far off haha

Drop 20lbs, he can easily play safety. Maybe we give him a few reps in preseason. Like game 4 when it's all backups

lmaoo i dint know he weighted that much

Muamba is probably an inside linebacker.

However, I watched a little bit of CFL the past couple weeks, and those boys have to cover a lot of ground. The field is wider, there are six eligible receivers every play, one receiver is allowed to run up to the line of scrimmage before the play starts, and there's a 20 second play clock. All of that leads to a lot of pass attempts, and a lot of plays run. That means linebackers have to have range and stamina, because they have to run. Kind of helps me to appreciate why Freeman is so good getting to the outside.

I've never seen Muamba play, but his measurables suggest that he could be used as a hybrid type nickel backer / safety, in certain packages. He was a star in the CFL, so he's obviously athletic and knows how to find the ball. He should also be a natural on special teams coverage. I'd like to see the coaches get a little creative with him in preseason, see if they can put him in some good situations. We're a little crowded at ILB, so he'll have to make a big impact to win a roster spot.

If he is any where close to the talent Freeman is. I'm happy! Wasn't he the number 1 pick in their draft the year he came out?