Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Mebane/Its not u, its mebane

nicky6times

Actually its not mebane either...

So i found this on Pauls (ESPN blogger) blog from yesterday..idk if we already knew this or not but he had a few other comments saying we probly wont see mebane in the blue n white this yr

Paul Kuharsky

(3:55 PM)

A nugget. Colts are not pursuing Mebane.

Also there has been nothing public on moss as of yet..but that move would be splashier than front row seats @ sea world!! thank you, thank you (was also gonna go w a Gallagher concert, but they both work)

Is it just me or does the Colts front office seem content with just winning the south and making the playoffs? There is no excuse in having arguably the best QB in NFL history yet more times than not we fail to even win one game in the playoffs. I agree with their developing their own players philosophy but you still gotta compliment that with a couple FA signings and/or acquiring players thru trades.

I'd be cool with taking a chance on Harris. He'd still be an upgrade over what we have, and if he doesn't work out, just cut him. We wont lose much for picking him up. If I rememebr correctly, he was pretty much it on the bears Dline for awhile and was still fairly productive. He wont get doubled a whole lot with Freeney and Mathis flanking him.

On walter football site it said he resigned with seattle for 5yrs and 25 million. If he is as good as people say on here, i don't know why we didn't try to get him. I'd rather have him then some of our own free agents.

Another Mebane thread?

Thank god he's been signed, maybe we can move on to blather over other wishful wants that we'll never get.

I want to see how Moala and Mathews progress as they gain more experience. They played decently last season, especially Moala. Hopefully they can become difference-makers on defense

I don't think you should expect to see that much improvement and progress out of Matthews. Moala still has a tone of potential, but Matthews... not really. He's not going to get that much playing time, and he may not even make the team. I can see Moala becoming a really good DT, but I can't see Matthews becoming a starter or a difference maker...ever.

25 Million for 5 years that would have been an affordable price for the colts especially since they cut Diem.

I know 5 mil a year for an amazing DT. That would have been exactly what the doctor ordered in my book. Too bad Peyton's deal wasn't done so we can't pull the trigger.