Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Unless you're the Lions and draft 18th.  I did like Jack Campbell last year.    Agree do think Cooper would be around 20th and later.
    • Im not reading that it would be a shock to anyone if Cooper went in the first.  Just likely the bottom third of the first.  Perhaps after pick 20.   He’s likely the best LB in this class. 
    • Honestly, it wouldn't shock me to see Edgerrin Cooper drafted on Day 1.  He is one of those players that has the "it factor" enough for a team to draft on Day 1.  Each year we see it happen and so-called professionals nowhere close to all those mock drafts.  
    • That's fair.   So, let's say AR pans out - are we serious Super Bowl contenders then? As the roster is right now, with a high-level AR?   I don't think so. I think our roster - disregarding the QB - is a ways behind other contenders. And even worse, I think the roster is just built wrong. This year Ballard has spent a lot of money making sure our defense can defend the run while everyone else are building to stop the passing game. Everything Ballard does is just contradictory to what works in the modern NFL.   So what about the other 9 guys I mentioned?   Wilkins would've been a Buckner level DT to seriously improve the pass rush up the middle. Huff had at least 28% more pressures than ANY of our guys (Buckner highest) while playing 161 FEWER pass rush snaps. And he was signed for a hair over $17m/year and you have "no idea why I'd think Ballard should have considered the 4 big name players who Ballard didn’t pursue"?   Do you think Geno Stone and Frankie Luvu are "bright lights"? I think they are affordable players who would improve this roster in areas of weakness. Same with the other 7 affordable guys I mentioned. The times the McLeod signings work out are so far between it's laughable, but the few who do workout somehow always make people forget the tens of 1 year jags he signs that don't.   We do know, but we also all see the results and that's what people want to see change.   I respect your opinion on this and I don't want to come off as harsh towards you (or anyone else). 👍  But I very much disagree that what Ballard is doing is working.
    • Kind of my own assessment as well with this year's RB Class.  What one lacks another has and so on. Not one complete back and maybe one worthy of being drafted on Day 2, none on Day 1. 
  • Members

• OhioColt

OhioColt 385

• Kirie89

Kirie89 6

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 20,793

• NFLfan

NFLfan 16,969

Moderators
    • Solid84

Solid84 6,065