Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oregon Vs Stanford Game Thread

Andy

Luck can't control those stupid turnovers... this kid is like PM, he's amazing, and just look at the guys he works with, terrible special teams, terrible D and terrible receivers plus their missing their top guy, Osuwu (wtv his name is).

Oklahoma is gonna beat ok state.It willend up being a rematch of Alabama LSU.

Can Alabama go to the national championship without even going to their conference championship game? Alabama and LSU are in the same division, I'd imagine it would be LSU vs. Oregon if Oklahoma beats Ok St.

Luck looks like PM out there with no defense,oline can't block,and the recievers can't catch.I am impressed though,nothing has changed my mind,Peyton couldn't beat Florida and the likes of wuerffel.

But... but.... but... the statistics say Stanford is a juggernaut!! rotfl

Hopefully after the Oregon/Stanford game the Luck Hype willdie down. He only throws short passes and his passes over 20 yards and high or flat not allowing the wr to make a catch...LUCK IS OVERRATED and the NFL will be a big change for him...Hopefully after tonight everyone wont be praising him as best QB since Manning...OVERRATED..had to say it again...hopefully Colts don't waste a draft pick on him, trade the pick away to someone else and let them make a mistake in drafting him...i won't call him a Ryan Leaf because Luck has a better head on his shoulders but we might call him a QB like David Carr, Joey Harrington or maybe he willhave 1 good year like Rick Mirer..NONE of themare a QB you want to build a team around...DONT DRAFT LUCK !!!!! Luck will run out after timeand you will have a bust..

Hopefully after the Oregon/Stanford game the Luck Hype willdie down. He only throws short passes and his passes over 20 yards and high or flat not allowing the wr to make a catch...LUCK IS OVERRATED and the NFL will be a big change for him...Hopefully after tonight everyone wont be praising him as best QB since Manning...OVERRATED..had to say it again...hopefully Colts don't waste a draft pick on him, trade the pick away to someone else and let them make a mistake in drafting him...i won't call him a Ryan Leaf because Luck has a better head on his shoulders but we might call him a QB like David Carr, Joey Harrington or maybe he willhave 1 good year like Rick Mirer..NONE of themare a QB you want to build a team around...DONT DRAFT LUCK !!!!! Luck will run out after timeand you will have a bust..

Luck has passed for 8337 yards and has thrown 74 touchdowns to only 19 interceptions (this includes the two from tonight) in his college career. He has a 71% completion percentage average over the last two years. That sounds OVERRATED to me.

With all the help he'll be getting on offense, it shouldn't be too big. Your right, the NFL is goiing to be a big change, but that's what they said about Cam Newton, but look at him now. Andrew Luck is very accurate, and it's not like he has deep threat only receivers in Stanford, he has bad receivers and is solid on short to intermediate passes, and pretty good on the long bomb. What do you make more of, long passes or short to intermediate passes...obviosuly intermediate-short passes. 71% speaks for itself, and if you compare him to today's stars in college, he's better than all of them (Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady). This kid is NFL ready, that's a fact, plus he has accuracy, zip, great mobility, throws great on the run, and is a good pre-play reader. What else do you ask for in a quarterback.

That interception he had was a bad decision but i do like that he stays calm and came back with a TD. I noticed he over threw 4 or 5 balls and threw one ball behind a TE that was wide open ( even though the TE still could of caught it). There was a few bad drops from the recievers that didn't help his cuase either. When Oregon was getting pressure on him i was kinda dissapointed that he didn't adjust and have a check down (not sure whos fault that is coaches or Luck). Luck overall had an alright game though and threw a lot of accurate passes. Do i think Luck is over rated? Yes, but that's more of the medias fault making him seem like he's the next savior for any NFL team. I still think he will have a good NFL career though.

Does Luck only throw short passes? Two games I've watched now and that's all I see.

That has been 1 constant, and basically only critism, mostly short passes as hasn't the velocity for the deep ball unless clearly opoen but hard to lazer one between defenders deep

Did you not read the post about all his recievers being out.Oregon is just a lot more talented,period.

That interception he had was a bad decision but i do like that he stays calm and came back with a TD. I noticed he over threw 4 or 5 balls and threw one ball behind a TE that was wide open ( even though the TE still could of caught it). There was a few bad drops from the recievers that didn't help his cuase either. When Oregon was getting pressure on him i was kinda dissapointed that he didn't adjust and have a check down (not sure whos fault that is coaches or Luck). Luck overall had an alright game though and threw a lot of accurate passes. Do i think Luck is over rated? Yes, but that's more of the medias fault making him seem like he's the next savior for any NFL team. I still think he will have a good NFL career though.

your baseing all this on one game?He's not perfect geeezus.If you would have saw some of PM's games in college you could have said he was overrated too.Rodgers was good but not great in college.PM had a heck of a lot better recievers than luck too.

The dude also runs like Aaron Rodgers, and lets not forget, when Peyton got to the NFL, he REALLY blossomed after that first season or two of experience. Luck will likely do the same, and we will see a player we cant yet see on these evaluations. Only flashes.

That's analysis is not detailed enough.

rotfl....just kidding, great link!

:)

I thought it was truthful about his lack of downfield throwing ability too, but Peyton and Tom Brady have shown us how quickly a defense can be carved to pieces with the intermediate passing game.

:)

I thought it was truthful about his lack of downfield throwing ability too, but Peyton and Tom Brady have shown us how quickly a defense can be carved to pieces with the intermediate passing game.

And Luck has done that this season maybe even more with TEs than WRs.

Seeing what Brady is doing with Gronkowski and Hernandez.... it can be a successful recipe with the right QB.

your baseing all this on one game?He's not perfect geeezus.If you would have saw some of PM's games in college you could have said he was overrated too.Rodgers was good but not great in college.PM had a heck of a lot better recievers than luck too.

I've actually watched every one of PM's games in college (which is the reason i'm a colts fan now). Most of my comment was just based off that game beside the last two sentences. I never said that Luck isn't worthy of the 1st pick because i think he is. Luck is actually being a lot more hyped then Manning ever was. Are you actually mad that i called Luck out for a few inaccurate passes and taking too many sacks?? Can you please tell me one WR Manning had in college that had a successful NFl career? The only thing i can think of is one good season by Peerless Price and Stallworth has never been productive.