30. 49ers- Stanley Jean-Baptise, CB, Nebraska

31. Broncos- CJ Mosely, Off-LS LB, Alabama

32. Seahawks- Xaiver Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clowney is going #1 overall whether it's to Houston, Atlanta, or Buffalo. All of this talk of Mack going #1 overall is just talk IMO. 

I hope the clown goes to the Texan's...he's garbage. Just another lazy underachiever. But if they swing Mack, then that's some serious big ..... trouble.

Well apparently there is talks of Houston not convinced Clowney fits their defense and they're asking for an RG3 type trade to take him. 

I'm not buying the scheme talk. They'll play in a 4-man front the majority of the time anyway, and he'll have no problem rushing from a 2-point stance. 

If they are really looking for 3 first-rounder, I don't see anyone trading with them. 

Well apparently there is talks of Houston not convinced Clowney fits their defense and they're asking for an RG3 type trade to take him. 

I think whether Texans take Clowney or not depends upon whether a trade partner is willing to give enough in return for Texans to drop down.  If not enough in return, or high enough to ensure they get 'their targeted guy' in round one.  But he will go #1... to somebody. Even if it is a reluctant Texans.  That is where Gavin believes Mack is a slightly better fit, and they might bite the bullet for that direction instead.  But I bet Texans accept a trade over that last resort scenario.

Also, no way the titan's pick blake and the Taylor Lewan pick would be  steal (2nd best tackle in the draft...only matthews is better...bloodline i trust) .

Lewan drops because he's a sociopath. 

Why? 

I just don't see it, with locker still being there. He's played pretty well, when healthy to be honest. This is his make or break year. The titan's might pick up a QB in the 2nd or 3rd though. I have blake going to tampa (makes sense on many levels) .

Clowney is going #1 overall whether it's to Houston, Atlanta, or Buffalo. All of this talk of Mack going #1 overall is just talk IMO. 

Could be just talk but what we do know is Mack is more versatile, He has experience standing up and in a 3 point stance, Maybe Clowney can do both but I dont know of him do that it, I also think he is more agile then Clowney

Could be just talk but what we do know is Mack is more versatile, He has experience standing up and in a 3 point stance, Maybe Clowney can do both but I dont know of him do that it, I also think he is more agile then Clowney

Mayock says Mack has the better motor and will be the better pro. He says Clowney has more natural potential but he questions whether he'll ever reach that potential.

Here's my take. Dwight Freeney ran a 4.48 40. Fastest defensive linemen I've ever seen. He also had ever pass rush move in the book. clowney has speed but I just don't see him having the moves. Not yet, he could develop them but I honestly think he's never going to pan out.

Thats just crazy talk, He is a very inconsistent open field tackler

Time will tell, i guess. But, i stand by it. 18 turnovers in 14 games...is not by accident (not including his blocked kicks) . I don't care what others say...i've seen him play...seen the tape. He's MY GUY.

Mayock says Mack has the better motor and will be the better pro. He says Clowney has more natural potential but he questions whether he'll ever reach that potential.

Here's my take. Dwight Freeney ran a 4.48 40. Fastest defensive linemen I've ever seen. He also had ever pass rush move in the book. clowney has speed but I just don't see him having the moves. Not yet, he could develop them but I honestly think he's never going to pan out.

Nah he will develop, I do however think he needs to be brought back down to earth a bit, He comes off as being overly cocky...Not by anything he necessarily says but during a couple of his interviews it was a few things he didn't say that started to say before heading in a different direction, He will be good but he will have to be brought back down to earth to realize hif full potential, Though the Bruce Smith talk I heard was entirely to much

Time will tell, i guess. But, i stand by it. 18 turnovers in 14 games...is not by accident (not including his blocked kicks) . I don't care what others say...i've seen him play...seen the tape. He's MY GUY.

Nothing wrong with that all, I can get behind ya stickin with your guy, I personally like Dion Bailey, Kenny Ladler and Jimmie Ward more then any other Safety in the draft

Guess I would bet the Trifecta that picks 14,15, & 16 are not 1st rd picks. lol

I think all 3 are.  I have 2 of them in mine.  If Steelers have to go DT, the pick above is as good as any.  Alternatives?  Dominique Easley, Ego Ferguson, DaQuan Jones, Kelcy Quarles, Will Sutton, and Anthony Johnson.  All within top 100 on my big BPA board.  But not any better than Hageman.

Nothing wrong with that all, I can get behind ya stickin with your guy, I personally like Dion Bailey, Kenny Ladler and Jimmie Ward more then any other Safety in the draft

I like jimmie also, but i'm kinda' hopin' he's not there, when we pick...to be honest. If he's available, then jimmie's a colt. A solid guy...whom i like,but i like gabe more at 59.

Corey Lynch, on our roster at Safety, has great tape, ball hawk type, and an Epic Block and run back vs.Michigan for an upset while at Appalachian State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9zpDEsqrbs

I like jimmie also, but i'm kinda' hopin' he's not there, when we pick...to be honest. If he's available, then jimmie's a colt. A solid guy...whom i like,but i like gabe more at 59.

I got Gabe as the best Guard in the draft, I'd like him, Dont know if he makes much sense for us...Depending on how Thomas is doing of course

Corey Lynch, on our roster at Safety, has great tape, ball hawk type, and an Epic Block and run back vs.Michigan for an upset while at Appalachian State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9zpDEsqrbs

I LOVE COREY! Does everything the right way (Burls' way) . I fully expect him to compete and surprise alot of people! I have him making the 53 man roster! I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH COREY AS A COLT.

I got Gabe as the best Guard in the draft, I'd like him, Dont know if he makes much sense for us...Depending on how Thomas is doing of course

We can kick thomas out as center (yes, sitting holmes another year as a reserve) and playing gabe as our guard. We didn't invest much in either thomas or holmes...not like these guys are shoe ins to start.

We can kick thomas out as center (yes, sitting holmes another year as a reserve) and playing gabe as our guard. We didn't invest much in either thomas or holmes...not like these guys are shoe ins to start.

Nah, With Holmes being in the 2nd of 4 years into his contract we have to find out if Holmes can be the guy Grigson thinks he can be, If ya dont start him next year then you essentially have 1 year (yes I know he will have 2 left) to find out if he is that guy, If he puts up a bad year in that 3rd year then you have to consider drafting his replacement, Lets say he goes into that last year (4th year) and rebounds off what will essentially be his rookie year (3rd year in your scenario if we sit him this coming year)....Well then you have to make a judgment...Will you be getting the good Holmes from now on that you saw in his 4th year or the 3rd year (again essentially his first starting) Holmes that struggled......He needs to start, Especially since Grigson thinks he is our future, Grigson has to find out, Physically the tools are there, He needed to get stronger

The best defense is the one sitting on the bench.

Pep ran a crazy 65% up the middle. Allen would have changed that number i do believe.
JMO, but the Best way to help this team is to be very strong up the middle, so a Stud Guard is what we need now.

Who do we like, who will we have a shot at?

Who can be our starter at some point this season?
 My guess for our board

Gabe Jackson-Bitonio

Trai Turner

IMO Holmes would make a VG Guard so drafting Marcus Martin also works for me.