Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MTC's Colts mock draft (2.0)

No trades because I want to keep it simple.

Round 2 Pick 27: Marcus Martin, C, USC
- With the loss of Phil Costa, the Colts have a glaring hole at center with little depth. It's uncertain whether or not last years fourth round pick, Khaled Holmes, is the true starter at center. Martin is one of the best centers in the draft with good size and a great motor. 

Round 3 Pick 26: Ahmad Dixon, FS, Baylor

- The Colts praise competition and we need more competition in the secondary. Ahmad Dixon, former linebacker turned safety, is one of the most physical coverage safeties in the draft. With good size and speed he would be a good fit in our defense. 

Round 5 Pick 26: Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona

- Richardson is the most underrated balanced cornerback in this draft. I watched film on Richardson and I noticed that he was a great tackler and very good in the zone coverage. 

Round 6 Pick 27: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame

- Not a physical corner but can help in depth. Athletic enough to play punt returner/kick returner or in any special teams role similar to what Cassias Vaughn was last season.

Round 7 Pick 17: Josh Walker, OG, Middle Tennessee State

- A strong guard that can help in the power run game. Provides depth to a much needed help in the interior offensive line. 

Wait really^ ?

I really don't like it much.. I'm pretty positive we aren't going with a center in the top 2 rounds, Dixon is meh, I don't know Richardson but he's "good in the zone coverage"? Well that's great if we ran a lot of zone.

Then another not so good corner?

don't like this at all Dixon is a 6th rounder at best and even then I wouldn't take him there's a dozen or more better safeties available at #90 and the 5th round. would prefer Richburg over Martin all day long Martin doesn't impress me at all. all 3 of your latter picks are at best sub-par and could be had as priority free agents maybe josh walker would be interesting but I wouldn't take anyone else you chose if we have a draft like this it will be worse than last year and I'll vomit

Wait really^ ?

I really don't like it much.. I'm pretty positive we aren't going with a center in the top 2 rounds, Dixon is meh, I don't know Richardson but he's "good in the zone coverage"? Well that's great if we ran a lot of zone.

Then another not so good corner?

I don't agree with the people he picked but I agree with the positions of guard, center, safety, and 2 corners. Though I wouldn't mind drafting 1 O lineman and 1 D lineman.

don't like this at all Dixon is a 6th rounder at best and even then I wouldn't take him there's a dozen or more better safeties available at #90 and the 5th round. would prefer Richburg over Martin all day long Martin doesn't impress me at all. all 3 of your latter picks are at best sub-par and could be had as priority free agents maybe josh walker would be interesting but I wouldn't take anyone else you chose if we have a draft like this it will be worse than last year and I'll vomit

You are way off on Dixon

Dixon is a 3rd-4th round prospect.

Round 7 Pick 17: Josh Walker, OG, Middle Tennessee State

- A strong guard that can help in the power run game. Provides depth to a much needed help in the interior offensive line. 

I like your reasoning there MTC regarding what I bolded because I desperately want some holes created for Bradshaw this season. Yes, I realize that it is odd that a draft neophyte like myself keeps leaving responses on mock selection topics, but I live by the sword & die by the sword meaning I believe that games in this league are won by creating holes in the running game & making opposing field generals run for dear life as frequently as possible. 

still would prefer a dozen other safeties over him but just my opinion so who gives a darn same as everyone else just get picky this time of year I apologize if my post seemed rude reading it kinda sounds that way

Don't worry about it. Mocks are supposed to be criticized. Not everyone will agree with certain choices.