Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 05/01 "NFL Draft"

sb41champs

I wonder who will be this year's Justice Cunningham AKA "Mr. Irrelevant" will be? That's so cool. You get to be the last pick in the draft & you get a free trip to Disneyland with parade participation too. 

I wonder if ESPN coverage of the NFL Draft will include Keith Olbermann? People have said he's kind of control freak jerk, but I do find him entertaining as a sports analyst especially football & baseball. 

To quote Keith on the David Letterman show over being fired from MSNBC & ESPN: "I didn't burn the bridge so much as napalm the river."  haha Even when he gets fired; Keith creates vivid imagery. That's why I am loyal to the guy: He's flamboyant, colorful, & impossible to forget or ignore.  :hat:

He's like Godzilla, the Black Death, & sulfuric acid...Keith will always return...You can't neutralize him only slow him down temporarily.

I wonder who will be this year's Justice Cunningham AKA "Mr. Irrelevant" will be? That's so cool. You get to be the last pick in the draft & you get a free trip to Disneyland with parade participation too. 

I wonder if ESPN coverage of the NFL Draft will include Keith Olbermann? People have said he's kind of control freak jerk, but I do find him entertaining as a sports analyst especially football & baseball. 

To quote Keith on the David Letterman show over being fired from MSNBC & ESPN: "I didn't burn the bridge so much as napalm the river."  haha Even when he gets fired; Keith creates vivid imagery. That's why I am loyal to the guy: He's flamboyant, colorful, & impossible to forget or ignore.  :hat:

He's like Godzilla, the Black Death, & sulfuric acid...Keith will always return...You can't neutralize him only slow him down temporarily.

Keith will definitely not be a part of ESPN's coverage.

He really couldn't care less.     He'll have something on it the Monday after the draft, but otherwise.....  won't care.

His real passion is..............    baseball.     The Earth, the Moon,  the Sun and the Stars,  they all revolve around baseball in Keith's world.     And that's fine....   I'm just saying he don't have any real interest in the draft.

He wouldn't know Sammy Watkins from Jaylen Watkins.    He wouldn't know Malcom Smith from Telvin Smith.    He wouldn't know......  well...   you get the idea.....

Keith will definitely not be a part of ESPN's coverage.

He really couldn't care less.     He'll have something on it the Monday after the draft, but otherwise.....  won't care.

His real passion is..............    baseball.     The Earth, the Moon,  the Sun and the Stars,  they all revolve around baseball in Keith's world.     And that's fine....   I'm just saying he don't have any real interest in the draft.

He wouldn't know Sammy Watkins from Jaylen Watkins.    He wouldn't know Malcom Smith from Telvin Smith.    He wouldn't know......  well...   you get the idea.....

People with monumental egos with a flair for language are fascinating to watch like a network news anchor who will either snap & unravel on the air or deliver an Emmy winning broadcast. The fact that you never know which 1 you will see night after night makes them compelling must see TV NCF. Besides, if confidence is needed for an athlete to excel on the field, court, or diamond, wouldn't a certain degree of mojo or moxy be an asset to a sports analyst to draw in huge nielsen ratings & corporate sponsors far & wide? 

I agree that Keith is more of a highlight guy generally, but his social commentaries on say the Daniel Snyder Redskins name controversy is historically relevant, accurate, & right on the money. My point is that Mr. Olbermann is capable of moving journalism & he often gets glossed over as a tabloid reporter like Geraldo Rivera, but he's better than that IMO. 

You don't have to be an NFL scout & dissect draft picks for a living to be mesmerizing on screen. Some fans like scientific breakdowns based on dry stats & film study. Not me, find a fresh, innovative way to state the ordinary & make choke on the bone Combine data come alive.

People with monumental egos with a flair for language are fascinating to watch like a network news anchor who will either snap & unravel on the air or deliver an Emmy winning broadcast. The fact that you never know which 1 you will see night after night makes them compelling must see TV NCF. Besides, if confidence is needed for an athlete to excel on the field, court, or diamond, wouldn't a certain degree of mojo or moxy be an asset to a sports analyst to draw in huge nielsen ratings & corporate sponsors far & wide? 

I agree that Keith is more of a highlight guy generally, but his social commentaries on say the Daniel Snyder Redskins name controversy is historically relevant, accurate, & right on the money. My point is that Mr. Olbermann is capable of moving journalism & he often gets glossed over as a tabloid reporter like Geraldo Rivera, but he's better than that IMO. 

You don't have to be an NFL scout & dissect draft picks for a living to be mesmerizing on screen. Some fans like scientific breakdowns based on dry stats & film study. Not me, find a fresh, innovative way to state the ordinary & make choke on the bone Combine data come alive.

SW....

I know Keith.    I mostly like Keith.    I've worked with Keith.    I know him really, really well.

And I mostly (but not always) like his commentaries....   well,  his sports commentaries at least....    and I was only trying to emphasize that the NFL draft holds little if any interest for him.    That's all,  nothing more.

SW....

I know Keith.    I mostly like Keith.    I've worked with Keith.    I know him really, really well.

And I mostly (but not always) like his commentaries....   well,  his sports commentaries at least....    and I was only trying to emphasize that the NFL draft holds little if any interest for him.    That's all,  nothing more.

Okay, fair enough. I understand your vantage point now. I wasn't upset with you NCF. I am just very protective of people or personalities I like. I wasn't putting you in the slam Keith category my friend; I just prefer provocative people that challenge me & make me engage in critical thinking which Keith has a knack for. 

People can dislike Keith to their hearts content. That is their right. It just rubs me the wrong way when some individuals lump him into a puppet sports analyst grouping with nothing intelligent to say. I just have a fondness for people that speak their mind & never back down. Even if I think that they are wrong, I admire their steadfast tenacity & resolve. 

It is always a pleasure interacting with you NCF. I know from your demeanor that you are a smart, fair minded journalist & person.  :thmup:

negatively

Ahh, so you're in favor of only drafting players who come in a immediately help the team. No matter which round they're selected. Otherwise the draft is a failure.

Can't argue with that. Maybe demand all home games while you're at it.

Ahh, so you're in favor of only drafting players who come in a immediately help the team. No matter which round they're selected. Otherwise the draft is a failure.

Can't argue with that. Maybe demand all home games while you're at it.

If you are a fist round pick you should help your team immediately.