Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsays Tweets

Knuckles79

Why is it that it bothers people that he tweets i really dont understand ! Dont most of use the board have jobs but yet we still find time to attend this board with out it affecting our jobs so why cant the man hit tweets to the world to let them now how he feels or atleast confuse the heck out of us ! I am pretty sure his tweets is not affecting the way the colts franchise is running! I cant wait till he tweets that peyton is back and a few people are fired thats going to be a happy day for me

I don't see anything wrong with it. I actually like seeing he's talking to his fans. And yeah just because he is "tweeting" doesn't mean he isn't doing his job(even though we are 0-9 >.>. I can't wait till some staff is fired either, hopefully I see a "best wishes to Caldwell and the rest of our coaching staff" lol.

I think because they don't use twitter or they think twitter is a waste of time or they think his style of tweeting is not appropriate.

All fall into the category of how they would do it if they were Jim, I think

BTW, right now on colts.com we're getting a lot of people telling us to stop updating and win some games.

FYI, web staff have nothing to do with the games.......just throwing that out there. :slaphead:

I think because they don't use twitter or they think twitter is a waste of time or they think his style of tweeting is not appropriate.

All fall into the category of how they would do it if they were Jim, I think

BTW, right now on colts.com we're getting a lot of people telling us to stop updating and win some games.

FYI, web staff have nothing to do with the games.......just throwing that out there. :slaphead:

Oh, so it's your fault.

I love that Irsay tweets. Anyone that considers it some kind of distraction doesn't know what they're talking about. He is engaging the fans in a positive way, no fan should ever complain about that.

I agree. How may threads have we had on this now? I have lost track. I don't see what the problem is. He takes the time to reach out to the fans, so he's not paying attention to his team? :wall:

I personally don't use Twitter, and I think that it is a waste of time (among other things). In fact I utterly detest everything about it, including the effect it has had on the sports, entertainment and news industries. It drives me absolutely up the wall when shows have to pause and give a sample of Tweets on a topic, or waste screen space to run a stream of them across the bottom. I'm watching to learn something from YOU, the EXPERTS - not hear a tiny sample of public opinion (usually poorly worded as well as condensed the point of uselessness). It's just ridiculous, and I hope that people get tired of it. SOON.

That being said, I have no problem at all with the content of Jim Irsay's tweets. I've seen some tweets from younger relatives and their friends. It's a good 30% random song lyrics, and 69% silly comments on what they are doing, thinking, dealing with. Occasionally something relevant is said. You can make fun of Irsay if you want for acting very much like a kid. He's enjoying it, and I doubt very much that he cares what people think (a sentiment that I try to embrace myself). But the occasional comments about the Colts can be interesting.

If you don't like it, don't read it. The thought that it's somehow detracting from his running of the team is simply stupid. Would it bother anyone to hear that he plays golf once in a while? How long does it take to play a round of golf, compared to the totality of all the time he has spent Tweeting since day one. Just a silly argument.