Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to sign Wifork! We do this and we will have the best RUN Defense on the league...

Rotate with Chapman and Hughes at NT...He will be the pressure up the middle in the pass rush we've never had as well...

I have been saying the same thing. Yes, it is a risk but it is taking risks like that with a chance for a very high reward that win championships. I am not sure signing Wilfork would give the Colts the best run defense in the NFL but it would be in the running. Move that defense up from the twenties to the top ten and you give Luck much better field position and there would be less strain to score on every series. The Colts also wouldn't be playing from behind in just about every game. I would much rather see Wilfork than signing an absurdly expensive center like Mack.

Yes we can.

not if we plan on improving the offensive line. Should we try and find offensive linemen who can contribute for years or sign a NT in the twilight of his career coming off an injury ?

Luck is a big strong boy but even he can't take being sacked forever without eventually getting hurt.

not if we plan on improving the offensive line. Should we try and find offensive linemen who can contribute for years or sign a NT in the twilight of his career coming off an injury ?

Luck is a big strong boy but even he can't take being sacked forever without eventually getting hurt.

I don't want him, but we can afford him. He's only going to get around $4.5m APY. 

I am so glad the F.O. does not listen to the fans. We DO NOT "need" to sign Wilfork. He's old, crippled, and isn't worth even close to what he thinks he's worth. He's a big tub of goo that will never be himself again after the Achilles injury. 

That was a bad injury he suffered given his weight. Tough to come back from a torn achilles as it is, let alone at 350 lbs plus.

I would be interested in signing him if the price was right. Could be a good rotational player. Not sure he will be the same player though.

I am so glad the F.O. does not listen to the fans. We DO NOT "need" to sign Wilfork. He's old, crippled, and isn't worth even close to what he thinks he's worth. He's a big tub of goo that will never be himself again after the Achilles injury. 

I'll take that bet. I'll bet he gets a great contract. I'll bet he will return and be a pro bowl Nose Tackle again and I'll be whoever plays the position for the Colts never does either of these things.

I'll take that bet. I'll bet he gets a great contract. I'll bet he will return and be a pro bowl center again.

I'm not saying he won't get a great contract, I'm sure some stupid and desperate team will give him one. And how exactly would he be a pro-bowl center again when he's never been a center to begin with. Do you even know who you're talking about or what position he plays?

I'm not saying he won't get a great contract, I'm sure some stupid and desperate team will give him one. And how exactly would he be a pro-bowl center again when he's never been a center to begin with. Do you even know who you're talking about or what position he plays?

Yes, I just mistyped. I know very well that he is a pro bowl nose tackle. All of this fixation on a center has my mind more addled that if normally is. I had already changed it in editing before you responded.