Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis to visit Pats tonight

amfootball

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what they are thinking. Very intriguing on so many levels.

Swear on my kids I was going to put that they would have to pony up about 12 mill to sign him. I just didn't want to chance never being wrong in the last 3 years. The Pats had to do this as they were screwed as the # of teams looking for A CB outnumbered the good ones. Congrats on getting the best CB

The OP didn't mention Logan. It mentioned that he was meeting with the Patriots at Gillette.

It was true, and now he's a Patriot.

Goodbye, Talib, and your 5 games a year.

Lol the twitter guy he linked too was basing it off of a photshopped picture. Look at his timeline.

They had to make this move...its just as much all in for them as it was for Denver. Bill loves this guy and they had the space to do it. Being prudent early on meant they had the money in the end to sign this guy. This does leave holes elsewhere but NE is great about next man up and getting the most out of what they have. I don't see Edelman back and they still are thin at LB. I think the did well in getting Revis in. Smart move by a good franchise.

They had to make this move...its just as much all in for them as it was for Denver. Bill loves this guy and they had the space to do it. Being prudent early on meant they had the money in the end to sign this guy. This does leave holes elsewhere but NE is great about next man up and getting the most out of what they have. I don't see Edelman back and they still are thin at LB. I think the did well in getting Revis in. Smart move by a good franchise.

Thin in depth, but not in starters.

Mayo, Hightower, and Collins are a solid group.

Thin in depth, but not in starters.

Mayo, Hightower, and Collins are a solid group.

Ohh I agree...you can fill that in the draft...I still think you bring back Edelman...just some restructuring of contracts. You guys were patient...and it paid off...you got the best player in FA and upgraded from an already great corner. I envy you.

True, Edelman most likely won't be back since he would want top dollars, and the only team right now that I can see spending decent amount of money for him are probably the Eagles and maybe the Jets or Bills

The guy was really good this year, pro-bowl caliber season, It was a shame he wasn't selected.

thats a lot of money on 1 guy, but its only a 1 year deal so it cant hurt us long term and allows them the option to franchise him next year. I hope he can stay healthy, thats a lot of coin to be sitting in an ice tub.

what will his tag number be next year

Worth it for the best CB in the game. :cheer2:

There is just a lot of jealous people on this board....including me. He is DEFINATELY worth the 12 million and if he proves it he will be worth the 14 million next year. You landed the whopper of FA...Brady still needs help on offense but those young guys have to step up...and hopefully Amendola is healthy. Just a healthy Gronk alone turns your offense into a top 10 one so congrats...your division winners again lol.

This is just further proof of how the Pats are a tier one team in the AFC and the Colts simply are not and what we we can look forward to when these two teams meet, the Colts getting blown out by 20 points or more just like the last two seasons.  I really hope the Colts turn a corner in the next four or five years and become a great team because they are definitely not there yet.

There is just a lot of jealous people on this board....including me. He is DEFINATELY worth the 12 million and if he proves it he will be worth the 14 million next year. You landed the whopper of FA...Brady still needs help on offense but those young guys have to step up...and hopefully Amendola is healthy. Just a healthy Gronk alone turns your offense into a top 10 one so congrats...your division winners again lol.

After reading your post, I wanted to see where the Patriots ranked in 2013 Offense.  Believe it or not, 3rd in scoring.  And top-10 in passing yards, rushing yards and total yards. 

http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/statistics?team=NE

Thanks man. This board does not bother me to be honest. I am just happy that Jets fans are seething with Ryan being the most frustrated.

After reading your post, I wanted to see where the Patriots ranked in 2013 Offense.  Believe it or not, 3rd in scoring.  And top-10 in passing yards, rushing yards and total yards. 

http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/statistics?team=NE

I didn't know they were that good. They made a lot of hay late in the season...especially after they got that running game going. I didn't know they were that high overall though...as we see the Revis move is huge because it will allow them to continue using Bill's schemes of locking down the best receiver and rolling coverages....now if they can stop the run (Wilfork and Mayo should help with that).

Thanks man. This board does not bother me to be honest. I am just happy that Jets fans are seething with Ryan being the most frustrated.

Gotta admit I feel a bit sorry for the fans...not the owners. I actually like Ryan...I think he is a great defensive coach and a players coach...I really do...to me he is funny sometimes too. That has to suck to see him go to their rivals. They still have a very good defense and if they add another wr like Emanual Sanders that offense will be somewhat better. I still think Vick will get added and be the day 1 starter. Smith just doesn't have it imo.

Gotta admit I feel a bit sorry for the fans...not the owners. I actually like Ryan...I think he is a great defensive coach and a players coach...I really do...to me he is funny sometimes too. That has to suck to see him go to their rivals. They still have a very good defense and if they add another wr like Emanual Sanders that offense will be somewhat better. I still think Vick will get added and be the day 1 starter. Smith just doesn't have it imo.

Ryan never wanted him to go. But Woody was a different story. I can never feel bad for Jets fans or mgmt. ;)

The Jets have a long road to go but getting Decker was a good move. I expect them to add other pieces to the O and they still need a CB as well and they can't believe Ed Reed is a legit safety anymore.

Ryan never wanted him to go. But Woody was a different story. I can never feel bad for Jets fans or mgmt. ;)

The Jets have a long road to go but getting Decker was a good move. I expect them to add other pieces to the O and they still need a CB as well and they can't believe Ed Reed is a legit safety anymore.

Oh I don't think they have him there for his field performance...probably his leadership and knowledge that he can share with that secondary. I wouldn't mind bringing in a Champ, Woodson, or Reed as a backup situational player if we go rookie with our FS position. (as long as it isn't expensive lol)

CB...I would not be surprised to see if they brought in DRC and another lower tier guy too. Obviously they have work...but they are well positioned in the draft...WR, CB, S are all options in rd 1 or 2 to get a starer. They are solid in their front 7...so good that their corners don't have to be amazing. Obviously Millner has to step up and earn his draft position. I thought he was drafted to high but that was just me.

Decker is a #2...no doubt about it...ESPECIALLY without a really good qb he isn't close to a #1. They need to add a similar quality guy across from him or he can easily be taken away.