Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Support of Vandy/smaller school Players

I have been on a posting role lately... But I am a huge Vanderbilt fan and have been for about 6 years now! I have always loved rooting for the under dogs when it comes to college! I won't lie... I really started to like Vandy when I played NCAA 2006! haha

I have noticed Vandy players getting a lot of love on this site lately and I personally think it is great and makes me respect some of you even more!!! I feel Vandy or almost all smaller level programs in NCAA football get over looked and they can be just as good as the bigger school players!! I have been a big fan on drafting some smaller tier football school players in the past! Like Austin Collie and T.Y Hilton!! They surprise everyone and take the league by storm when people realize they are over looked!

1.) What lower level football programs do you feel have the most over looked talent?

2.) what players in this years draft do you think are being over looked and do they have any good highlight videos?

I feel like Vanderbilt does almost every year! (Biased opinion maybe) They get overlooked because everyone pays a lot more attention to other SEC schools

This year one is Kenny Ladler (Vandy) Safety!

Another is Chris Boyd! Didn't show well at the combine but is a big wide receiver with good hands! (Look up on YouTube) Could be a great red zone threat!

Wide Receivers

Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina

Alex Neutz-Buffalo

Chris Boyd-Vanderbilt

Je'Ron Hamm-Louisiana Monroe

Corey Washington-Newberry

Brandon Wimberly-Nevada

Kyle Nunn-San Jose State

Jordan Harris-Bryant

ILB

Shawn Jackson-Tulsa

Lots of others to name

Not sure that Vanderbilt counts as a smaller school.

Eastern Carolina is good every year and matches up well to the bigger schools.

Vandy is pretty small - around 12,000 undergrads, compared to the rest of the SEC schools which run 30,000+.  They still get the full quota of football scholarships though, and the lure of a "free" degree from a very expensive, elite school means that they can still draw some pretty good players.  They just don't get a lot of the the kids who are convinced that they are going to be NFL players some day, and think they need to play for a school that has a shot at a national championship or the big-time bowl games. East Carolina is closer to an SEC school in size.  They just have a "smaller" football program.

Wide Receivers

Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina

Alex Neutz-Buffalo

Chris Boyd-Vanderbilt

Je'Ron Hamm-Louisiana Monroe

Corey Washington-Newberry

Brandon Wimberly-Nevada

Kyle Nunn-San Jose State

Jordan Harris-Bryant

ILB

Shawn Jackson-Tulsa

Lots of others to name

The kid from Louisiana-Monroe could really be someone to watch.  He is 6'3 233.  Worth a look if he goes undrafted.

I kind of started following the team...that is where Willie Robertson played...(Duck Dynasty)  :)  His dad phil played at Louisiana Tech with Terry Bradshaw for those who did not know.

Back to Hamm....lets see where he goes.  I was watching Montori Hughes last year....he ended up...well...here :)

Well, not sure if its considered lower level with school size and all, but I'm an Indiana fan and we suck nearly every year soo haha, but Cody Latimer who is coming out this year at WR is a stud, and Tevin Coleman our RB should be coming out soon, and he can be a very good player as well.

Watched Latimer play alot he's a baller would love to see him as a colt . 

All this Vandebilt talk and no mention of Jordan Matthews? He's one of the most underrated receivers in this class.

Yes very underrated but still seen as going in the first round! Led the SEC in receptions and yards.... Also holds Vandy records! Can be a stud if he gets on the right team