Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Allen

oldunclemark

Double digit sacks....and 16 games played for what? 6 years?

You can find a reason to knock him but we ask for production and he's a producer

Does he have to play for a 4-3 team?

Is he a good fit for Seattle, Denver, Dallas?

How shocking would if be to have him sign with the Bears replacng J. Peppers?

I like Jared Allen.....If he would switch to OLB like Mathis he could have a great year.  Blocking those 2 would be a nightmare, and I think he would benefit from joining a winning team, and should cost less than a younger player.  Rumor has it Bears a interested in cutting Peppers for Michael Bennett to reunite with his TE brother for the Bears Martellus Bennett.

It seems like every former NFC North player likes to stay in the division whenever they leave their team so it wouldn't be shocking if he ended up in Chicago lol. However, I'm not convinced yet that the Bears will let Peppers go.

It seems like every former NFC North player likes to stay in the division whenever they leave their team so it wouldn't be shocking if he ended up in Chicago lol. However, I'm not convinced yet that the Bears will let Peppers go.

Check into it..............................Bears have to let Peppers go.......he makes far too much next season

Check into it..............................Bears have to let Peppers go.......he makes far too much next season

Ahh I see. Yeah it's inevitable since he hasn't had as much of an impact recently as they would have liked, and paying him that much is out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Allen old but will still demand a pretty high salary would fit into any scheme as a pash rusher but needs to go to a win it now team not a rebuilding/retooling team

He's not all that old.  He has a few good years left if he wants to play.  I don't know that he does.

Jared Allen signs with Bears for 4 yrs. $32 mil. with $15.5 mil. guaranteed. I do think this puts the Bears as favorites in the NFC North, IMO.

It might also be competitive vs teams like the Seahawks and 49ers where they can do enough damage on D to keep games close.

With LaMarr Houston and Jared Allen, I expect at least 3 sacks per game for that defense if you throw in LB blitzes to their 4 man rush occasionally.