Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CHAD OCHOCINCO TRADE TO NEW ENGLAND!!!!!!!

coltsuser21

Maybe because it's an INDIANAPOLIS COLTS FANS WEBSITE. So sorry if we don't all unanimously praise the decision. Der.

There's nothing stopping you from seeing that this is a big plus for NE, nothing save for your own bias. This is a solid move by the Pats and it will pay off. Many of y'all said the same negative jealous nonsense when they acquired Moss, and how'd that work out?

Chad will flourish in that system, I have no doubt about it. I'm not saying Chad's gonna get that Gold jacket, but he will do well for them.

There's nothing stopping you from seeing that this is a big plus for NE, nothing save for your own bias. This is a solid move by the Pats and it will pay off. Many of y'all said the same negative jealous nonsense when they acquired Moss, and how'd that work out?

Chad will flourish in that system, I have no doubt about it. I'm not saying Chad's gonna get that Gold jacket, but he will do well for them.

Oh I'm sorry. I must have missed where I said it wasn't a good move? Please by all means tell me where I said anything negative about the acquisition?

I didn't? Huh, fancy that.

What I replied to was the fact that a Pats fan, commenting on a Colts website why people aren't lavishing praise on the trade and why some are seeing it as a negative. My comment was directed at the irrational expectations that fans from a rival team would be unanimously praising of a trade involving a rival team.

I ran this through my Patstalk translator and this is what came back:

"Chad is going to be average at best because his best days are behind him, and if Haynesworth is able to adjust his attitude enough to make the team his weight will still be an issue making it difficult for him to play a lot of downs.......I'm not sure why the team brought in a mouth and a trouble maker/malingerer.....but I doubt the Pats will be able to get past the Jets this year, let alone the Colts."

Congrats. See y'all on the street.

Well depends on what you mean by average. Average absolutely wins ball games. Chad is better than Tate at this point. It's all about threats. Welker,Branch, the two TEs', and Woodhead/Faulk are threats. What was missing was the 2nd WR that could provide and equal threat.

As to Haynesworth troublemaker, well BB made the decision personally and he's looking for a football player, not one's past. Training camp will determine whether this is true or he's cut.

As to weight, If you're looking for another Wilfork...well..weight is what you want to plug and double team. See Ted Washington. By nature of down and distance there is always rotation. NE more than any team rotates. It remains to see what condition he ends up but that's KINDA what training camp IS for.

Of course this remains to be seen.

As to the Jets, maybe we can't get past them but the idea is not to sit pat and not try. Whether they add that 2nd elite CB remains to be seen which indeed gives them an advantage..but again you still have to TRY to get better to match up with them. (hence the run stop).

As to the colts..we already got past them. They're not the obstacle any more. That doesn't imply they won't be good btw...

But the Jets have been to the AFCCG game the last two years. They also are a factor in the division which is the first thing you must win.

Oh I'm sorry. I must have missed where I said it wasn't a good move? Please by all means tell me where I said anything negative about the acquisition?

I didn't? Huh, fancy that.

What I replied to was the fact that a Pats fan, commenting on a Colts website why people aren't lavishing praise on the trade and why some are seeing it as a negative. My comment was directed at the irrational expectations that fans from a rival team would be unanimously praising of a trade involving a rival team.

You seem angry?

This community has always welcomed NFL fans of all colors to join in. Their opinions are just as valid as ours. We even have a Pats fan for a community moderator (See JJ above).

What you stated above was essentially that Pats fans should shut up and stop bragging about their incredibly successful off-season. As far as I know, none of the pats fans demanded praise for their franchises acquisitions. I believe they were just expecting people to be realistic. If we (Colts) had acquired #85, I bet there would be some excitement on this board. Funny how that works, ain't it?

You seem angry?

This community has always welcomed NFL fans of all colors to join in. Their opinions are just as valid as ours. We even have a Pats fan for a community moderator (See JJ above).

What you stated above was essentially that Pats fans should shut up and stop bragging about their incredibly successful off-season. As far as I know, none of the pats fans demanded praise for their franchises acquisitions. I believe they were just expecting people to be realistic. If we (Colts) had acquired #85, I bet there would be some excitement on this board. Funny how that works, ain't it?

Your powers of perception are astounding. Able to perceive precise emotion through text. Nevermind simple concepts such as sarcasm, you sir, can see the unseen.

(Psst, this is also sarcasm. I have neither the time nor the energy to waste anger on a message board).

Again, I never said Pats fans can't express their opinions. I have occasionally (very rarely) enjoyed the remarks posted by some Pats fans (JJ included). My comment (to elaborate twice now) was that Pats fans should not expect universal praise of a trade on a rival's website. To expect otherwise would be great for humanity (socially speaking) but make the rivalry much less interesting. I nowhere near stated what you claimed that Pats fans [or other franchise fans for that matter] should shutup when it comes to acquisitions or other bits of news.

I believe that Colts fans are being realistic. 85, while a very talented player, does have his drawbacks which are perfectly open to criticism.

Trying to bring this thread back on track...how do you think this will affect Ocho's personality? Will be remain a strong tweeter? Will his TD dances still be what they were before? Part me of feels like Marvin Lewis was exactly what Ocho needed, Ocho wants to be out there and he doesn't want to be held back. Belichick will not have much of his tweeting and stuff like that, but Lewis put up with it. With that said, Ocho has way more respect for Belichick than he does for Lewis, he would never say anything like "Everything that comes out of Bill's mouth is nonsense", but he said it about his former coach.

Will his TD dances still be what they were before?

I think it'd be pretty awesome if Chad started to act like Barry Sanders after he scored a TD and just calmly handed the ball to the ref and ran back to the sideline. I like to think of Bill Belichik as some kind of evil overlord with dark powers, and Chad being humble in the endzone would cement that for me.

Trying to bring this thread back on track...how do you think this will affect Ocho's personality? Will be remain a strong tweeter? Will his TD dances still be what they were before? Part me of feels like Marvin Lewis was exactly what Ocho needed, Ocho wants to be out there and he doesn't want to be held back. Belichick will not have much of his tweeting and stuff like that, but Lewis put up with it. With that said, Ocho has way more respect for Belichick than he does for Lewis, he would never say anything like "Everything that comes out of Bill's mouth is nonsense", but he said it about his former coach.

The lunatics ran the asylum in Cinnci. Chad is still gonna be Chad, but I'm sure he'll bring it down a notch. Either that or he'll be chillin with his "buddy" Carson.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if Chad started to act like Barry Sanders after he scored a TD and just calmly handed the ball to the ref and ran back to the sideline. I like to think of Bill Belichik as some kind of evil overlord with dark powers, and Chad being humble in the endzone would cement that for me.

Honestly, if I were an egocentric individual like Ocho (as I am) I think it would be the funniest and the best way to get some headlines to do just that.

I think Chad will do his best to conform to the Patriot way, but I don't think anything can ever completely put out the fire that is "Child Please". I actually hope it wouldn't. I like Chad just the way he is.

He is one of the few not scared to try keep a little fun in the No Fun League these days. :)

I think Chad will do his best to conform to the Patriot way, but I don't think anything can ever completely put out the fire that is "Child Please". I actually hope it wouldn't. I like Chad just the way he is.

He is one of the few not scared to try keep a little fun in the No Fun League these days. :)

I would love have to been a fly on the wall when BB hired him. But if I recollect Chad doesn't draw penaties with his actions which absoulutely sends BB ballistic.

The league would fine for which BB doesn't care..hey its yor money if you want to donate to the league:)

I would love to see him continue doing what he does. I want to see what would happen if him and Belichick butted heads. Of course, he would be cut or traded, but I want to see what he would say about Bill. I think it would be hilarious

It would be drama for sure but I don't see it happening. BB had to gotten that cleared up before signing him. Now Haynesworth might be another story.You just don't know..you may get a couple years where the player just wants to play..or the opposite.

Overall it's a fair gameble for NE only because they already have a good team and these two aren't the be end all. I think Chad will fill his "NE role" ok. It's time to get serious now that you're on a championship team. He'll get along with Brady and the players ok..but he'll be reminded he's one of 53 on the roster who are all treated equal (read BB ramrods them equally, including his own QB:)