Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It appears the Colts DO have a 6th round pick....

After considerable discussion here,  a story generated by the Colts PR department says we DO indeed have a 6th round pick.     I'm cutting and pasting the paragraph.....

Indianapolis has draft selections in the second, third, fifth, sixth and seventh rounds.  The Colts’ first- and fourth-round picks are owned by Cleveland in trades for Trent Richardsonicon-article-link.gif and for last year’s fifth-round selection of Montori Hughesicon-article-link.gif.

So the Colts have five picks in the draft.   A little more flexibility.

Good to know......

After considerable discussion here,  a story generated by the Colts PR department says we DO indeed have a 6th round pick.     I'm cutting and pasting the paragraph.....

Indianapolis has draft selections in the second, third, fifth, sixth and seventh rounds.  The Colts’ first- and fourth-round picks are owned by Cleveland in trades for Trent Richardsonicon-article-link.gif and for last year’s fifth-round selection of Montori Hughesicon-article-link.gif.

Good to know......

Glad to hear it, we need all the picks we can get .... but it does make me wonder what the "bill" for Josh Gordy truly is/was.

Good to know......

He should know...but I admit to still not being conviced of that as the conclusive word.

Good to know

7th rounder is the Ravens pick we got for Shipley.  Think our 7th rounder went to the 49ers for Cam Johnson.

Glad to hear it, we need all the picks we can get .... but it does make me wonder what the "bill" for Josh Gordy truly is/was.

Same here....this says it was a conditional pick, but it doesn't list the conditions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-acquire-josh-gordy-trade-rams-fans-reaction-051200128--nfl.html

No telling what those conditions are....but his play against Dwayne Bowe, pressing him out of bounds on KC's last play in that crazy comeback almost makes the deal worth it alone....and we still keep the pick?

I'll take it! :)

He should know...but I admit to still not being conviced of that as the conclusive word.

I'm not sure why you're not convinced?    This comes from the Colts.

My guess is Gordy didn't play enough snaps to make the price of a #6 kick in.    So,  the terms are complete and we don't have to give up the pick.

Read somewhere it ended up being a 7th rounder. That's why I don't think we have a 7th round pick this year.

ESPN writer for the Rams

https://mobile.twitter.com/nwagoner/statuses/421653798830874624?screen_name=nwagoner

"Been asked a few times what pick Rams have from 2012 Josh Gordy trade. It's a 7th rounder. As of today, Rams have extra in rounds 1, 7."

I'm not sure why you're not convinced?    This comes from the Colts.

My guess is Gordy didn't play enough snaps to make the price of a #6 kick in.    So,  the terms are complete and we don't have to give up the pick.

As I said, he should know.  Why I am not totally convinced is because it was a quote sprinkled into an article about the combine. There was no intent to give new information, and the solidification of our 6th would be new information.  He wasn't trying to represent anything factual by the quote and could easily have been going off of notes that were several months old when writing that part of the article.  The volume that he writes requires a lot of mixing and matching of old information.

Doesn't mean I don't believe him, just means that I would have no doubt if he was writing an article about why we have our 6th round pick solidified.

As I said, he should know.  Why I am not totally convinced is because it was a quote sprinkled into an article about the combine. There was no intent to give new information, and the solidification of our 6th would be new information.  He wasn't trying to represent anything factual by the quote and could easily have been going off of notes that were several months old when writing that part of the article.  The volume that he writes requires a lot of mixing and matching of old information.

Doesn't mean I don't believe him, just means that I would have no doubt if he was writing an article about why we have our 6th round pick solidified.

OK....

For whatever it's worth -- and it may not be much -- that information (about having our 6th round pick) was also included in another story......

OK....

For whatever it's worth -- and it may not be much -- that information (about having our 6th round pick) was also included in another story......

Ahh, must have missed it, but that is great news.  It's never a bad time to have a 6th round pick, but this is an especially good time....

2014 seventh-round pick (#218, pre-compensatory picks) St. Louis CB Josh Gordy

Apparently this is what Gordy was traded for. We traded a 2015 7th for Cam Johnson and got a 2015 7th back when we traded Caesar Rayford. We have a 7th this year from the Ravens for AQ

Yea I just read that Cam Johnson thing like an hour ago, I had thought it was a 2014 pick this whole time until now lol

5 picks, let's see what we can do with them