Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB

bestQBever

I think this guy has the potential to be a very good gunner. He's fast, big, and not afraid to get physical. Do we keep him as a special teams player or let him go?

I am new here so I wonder what everyone expected him to be. He was a very fast receiver with bad hands in Oakland. Did anyone really think that would change when he came to Indy?

If DHB had been brought in from the beginning to play special teams everyone on here would be calling him a must sign.  If he is willing to sign for vet minimum and is willing to accept a role as a special teams gunner we'd be foolish not to sign him.  He also has value as a blocker as a receiver and we had a few big plays from him on reverses/screen passes.  I would hope to not see him on the field as a receiver very often, but there's a way to get a little bit of value there.  He and Sergio as our gunners would probably give us the best special teams in the league.  There's zero reason to not sign DHB if he's willing to accept a special teams role.

I am new here so I wonder what everyone expected him to be. He was a very fast receiver with bad hands in Oakland. Did anyone really think that would change when he came to Indy?

:sigh:

Sadly, yes some people did think he'd improve. Most said he was bad cause of the QB's he had throwing to him. They believed if Andrew Luck threw him the ball he'd be better. The QB doesn't matter if the WR just can't catch

I tried to tell people DHB was terrible but not many listened to me. *Shrugs* They found out this season though

Bey had these bad hands since college.  Raiders drafted him for his speed not his hands.  Raiders thought that they could teach him how to catch.  People blamed the Raider QBs, but IMO, it was Bey.

I think he would be good to keep for ST and cb would not be his best fit I think S would be best for him. he would have the ball in front of him and could see it better. with his speed and size could make for a good S backup possible starter

Why stop and moving DHB to CB:

Let's move Thornton to DT, with his strength at quickness for a 340lb guy he would be a probowl level DT.

Let's move Luck to ILB.  At 6'4" 240lbs with his speed and tackling ability he would make a great LB.

Let's move TRich to DE, with his ability to seemingly close all running lanes around him no team would be able to run on the Colts.

Let's move Landry to FB.  With the way he torpedos in there and not wrap up... that is perfect blocking technique for a lead blocker.

Anyone else to move?

I think he would be good to keep for ST and cb would not be his best fit I think S would be best for him. he would have the ball in front of him and could see it better. with his speed and size could make for a good S backup possible starter

I could agree with that