Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Stanford Cardinal I want is not Jonathan Martin, it is...

...Doug Baldwin of the Seahawks.

I think his price tag won't be too high. He still plays with a chip on his shoulder that he went undrafted. He has high respect for Pep Hamilton and Andrew Luck and he has a knack of getting open, plus has good hands. He does a lot of little things well and will be highly productive in our offense, IMO.

Jonathan Martin is probably the worst player in the NFL now, and nobody would want him.

The whole saga to me just shows what a slippery snake he is, as opposed to how much of a bully Incognito was.

What makes him the worst player in the NFL just all of a sudden.......He certainly isn't in my opinion........A starter? No but Ill take him as depth before I would take Mcglynn if we were to convert Martin to Guard

He's a restricted free agent, so the odds of getting him are very slim.

I'm not so sure about that....

I think the Seahawks have a ton of talent, and they're now all going to want big paydays in the next two years.

Not sure a WR of Baldwin's caliber will allow Seattle to keep him unless all offers are surprisingly low.

Badlwin strikes me as the kind of WR they might let walk...   not because they don't like him or want him,  but because they have other players they feel that they can't afford to lose...

Just my speculation....

I think Baldwin might be had for roughly 3 years and $10 Mill....  give or take...

...Doug Baldwin of the Seahawks.

I think his price tag won't be too high. He still plays with a chip on his shoulder that he went undrafted. He has high respect for Pep Hamilton and Andrew Luck and he has a knack of getting open, plus has good hands. He does a lot of little things well and will be highly productive in our offense, IMO.

A big plus one...   I'm with you, Chad...      :thmup:

Someone like Badlwin or Maclin at Philly...   he got hurt this year and we might be able to steal him for not very much,  might be the perfect mid-level talent that we could target...

I'm not so sure about that....

I think the Seahawks have a ton of talent, and they're now all going to want big paydays in the next two years.

Not sure a WR of Baldwin's caliber will allow Seattle to keep him unless all offers are surprisingly low.

Badlwin strikes me as the kind of WR they might let walk...   not because they don't like him or want him,  but because they have other players they feel that they can't afford to lose...

Just my speculation....

I think Baldwin might be had for roughly 3 years and $10 Mill....  give or take...

But we'd give up another draft pick.

But we'd give up another draft pick.

I think we can make an offer that Seattle won't match.   Seattle has to be concerned that if they match and the Colts say -- fine, he's yours -- that they can afford that contract.

It's a chess game.    And you have to crunch some serious numbers.

But I think it's possible and worth looking into.