Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis vs Kuechly stats

Nesjan3

Mathis: 44 tackles 15 assists 59 total 19.5 sacks (most in league and 3 short of NFL record) 0 int and 8 FF (most in league and 2 short of NFL record).... and for those of us that actually pay attention to the colts know that when he is on the field he is a force every play whether he is getting sacks or not.

Kuechly: 93 tackles 63 assists 156 total 2 sacks 4 int and 0 FF

Therefore i conclude that the awards are pointless and are extremely biased and us Colts fans know that Robert is the real DPOY, good job Mathis great year you deserve it buddy we love you man

Robert had a fun year with all those strip sacks. Favorite POTY Blasting & stripping Manning.

His effort is 2nd to NONE! Can you imagine this D if HE had been lost early in the season?? UGH!!

He (the Colts) Lucked out playing against so many backup LT`s & QB`s and in the Pushover AFC South.

Robert has ALWAYS been a disappointment (Target) playing the run so I can`t agree at all that he is a Force on MOST plays.

The Voting was hard to figure as it was.

They play different positions so comparing their stats is kind of pointless. I agree tho, Mathis would have been a better choice than Kuechly. 

I don't think finishing 2nd to Luke Keuchly is somehow some insult.   I think if Mathis had won,  I'd be fine with it.

But I'm not upset that he finished 2nd.   There's an argument to be made that Keuchly was also deserving....

Sorry,  but I never buy the anti-Indiana conspiracy theories that pop-up here with some regularity....

I don't think finishing 2nd to Luke Keuchly is somehow some insult.   I think if Mathis had won,  I'd be fine with it.

But I'm not upset that he finished 2nd.   There's an argument to be made that Keuchly was also deserving....

Sorry,  but I never buy the anti-Indiana conspiracy theories that pop-up here with some regularity....

did you mean to respond to me? The part you quoted didn't make sense with your reply lol

did you mean to respond to me? The part you quoted didn't make sense with your reply lol

Sorry....   I meant to say that I agreed with the part of your post that I put into bold, italics...

The part that said they play different positions, so comparing the stats of the two players was pointless.   I agree with that.

I think that's the most important part of the argument.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.   Brain cramp on my part!

DOH!!!      :slaphead:

Of course a Colts fan that sees how much of an impact Mathis had outside of his numbers will think their guy deserves it. Any fan will defend their player. I've heard 49ers call it a tragedy that Bowman didn't win this year. I think Luke was a great pick and deserved it.