Evan Dietrich Smith; 4 years 22 Million

Travelle Wharton; 1 year 2.5 Million

Draft

2nd: Ed Reynolds FS

3rd: Yawin Smallwood ILB

5th: Deandre Coleman DT

6th: Hakeem Smith SS

7th: Kirby van der Camp P

That seems like a lot of money for Arthur Jones. I did not realize he was good enough to command that kind of offer.

If we spend money on an ILB via free agency, I doubt we would use a "high" draft pick on one for depth. Granted, you can't have enough depth at a position like LB, but given our lack of a first rounder, I feel that the 2nd and 3rd round pick need to be used to address an area of need, such a free safety, although I would indulge in a corner if one fell.

In the 5th round, I would be interested in Jordan Tripp ILB Montana as a possible depth guy.

Interesting thoughts that you have.

That seems like a lot of money for Arthur Jones. I did not realize he was good enough to command that kind of offer.

If we spend money on an ILB via free agency, I doubt we would use a "high" draft pick on one for depth. Granted, you can't have enough depth at a position like LB, but given our lack of a first rounder, I feel that the 2nd and 3rd round pick need to be used to address an area of need, such a free safety, although I would indulge in a corner if one fell.

In the 5th round, I would be interested in Jordan Tripp ILB Montana as a possible depth guy.

Interesting thoughts that you have.

If we signed Dansby though, we'd have to draft another guy to take over soon. Dansby is a dinosaur(football wise), although has still been playing very well. I would much rather sign a much younger Donald Butler even though it would cost more money, at least we'd have a long term solution and not have to use a draft pick on a ILBer too.

I agree and I also think Smallwood will be targeted as a MLB by 4-3 teams. I don't think he's a good fit for a 3-4 ILBer unless he packs on quite a bit of muscle.

Smallwood is pretty prototypical size for an ILB in a 34. Most players put on a few lbs of muscle in the off-season anyway. 

Smallwood is pretty prototypical size for an ILB in a 34. Most players put on a few lbs of muscle in the off-season anyway.

Just read an article about him the other day(dont remember where) that was talking about him being a much better fit for a 4-3 because of his lanky build. At 6-4 236 lbs he's the same weight as Freeman and at least a couple inches taller. IMO we need a true 3-4 ILBer to compliment Freeman. Not saying Smallwood couldn't pack on the size but I just believe he'll get snatched up by a 4-3 team before we get a shot at him.

I think Shields will get resigned for something like $4,000,000.00 per year(4 years) 

$2,500,000 Guaranteed per year

The other 1.5 mill earned in certain number of plays made on the ball each year......Total: $16 mill, 10 mill guaranteed, no chance Shields costs 8 mill per year, Thats top 10 Corner money(average) and he is not a top 10 Corner

I wouldn't sign him for more then that if he was released and I would add the above stipulation into the contract

Just read an article about him the other day(dont remember where) that was talking about him being a much better fit for a 4-3 because of his lanky build. At 6-4 236 lbs he's the same weight as Freeman and at least a couple inches taller. IMO we need a true 3-4 ILBer to compliment Freeman. Not saying Smallwood couldn't pack on the size but I just believe he'll get snatched up by a 4-3 team before we get a shot at him.

Think Smallwood is 6'2