Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Martin -- would he help our OL? [Merge]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I send texts to my friends and brothers all the time that many people would find vulgar and in bad taste if they read them. Its just a game we play amongst friends.

When we are in a group drinking or hanging out we crack jokes at each others expense and never take it serious.

Its just how we have fun.

Now if someone tried to harm anyone in the group then they would have to face us all.

I don't know if this is normal behavior, but for us its how its always been.

I think Incognito was pretty much of the same mindset. He would crack jokes and send texts and expect the same from his friends. In a bar room brawl I think Incognito would fight to the death to defend his teammates or friends.

I think Martin was onboard and participating in all the fun. I think he left the team because he couldnt hack it at the NFL level and his lawyer parents and agent took an inventory of ways he still might get paid and up popped Incognito.

If they were best friends then it makes sense he would have the most texts and things from Incognito.

Now if they see an example of Incognito using the N word then right there is a pretty good payday in today's world, racisim sells these days.

So Incognito gets thrown under the bus, Martin breaks off all contact with him.

Now maybe they were wanting a fast settlement with the NFL or maybe they never thought about Incognito using his texts to clear himself. Either way they messed up.

Martin is not only soft but also a horrible friend. He played the game of texts and everything else, but in the end he threw his friend under the bus without even an explanation as to why.

He sold his only friend on the team out.

He thinks life was hard in the NFL before, let him come in a locker room now.

Incognito may be an abrasive meathead, but I dont think he would sell out a friend, I think he took his time coming out with his own side of the story because he hoped Martin would step up for him.

No team will want Martin, the guy doesnt have the skills to make up for the distration he would create in a locker room.