Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning's legacy now and if he wins the Super Bowl [Merge]

coltsfanmilyman

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 24, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, January 24, 2014 - off topic

Most importantly, keeping trolls away from this site.

What I'm afraid of is if Manning wins the Super Bowl period you will see so many @$^%$# trolls ripping us a new A@#&*^% for letting him go like their doing else where already... Hope everyone is ready for that because they will be back all the ones that haven't been back since he left to jam you a new you know what...?  And hey all you so called Peyton Manning fans and Broncos fan (and that's OK with me if you are) but what you should be doing is going to Irsay and bowing down to him and worshiping him as your God for having the sense to let him go because deep down you know just as well as I do with line offence etc that we had especially the first year he was not here he would have ended up staying in the fetal position, career ending injury are playing QB in a wheelchair... And you know it... So all I can say and I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it... If the Broncos win get ready for the most TROLLS you ever saw on a football site in the history of Profession football and a football organization site. Think about it???      

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monsoon is an exaggeration. It was raining pretty hard. Nitpick over monsoon if you want, but the point stands.

You were wrong, plainly, about the Super Bowl being played in rain, snow and ice. You don't get to be a stickler over "monsoon" and then fudge details on Super Bowl.

Point is OP was wrong with monsoon and last I checked both teams played in it and Manning had 1 TD and 1 pick while Addai had a monster game. Not exactly a great game to be touting Manning.

And Manning is 0-4 in playoff games below 40., http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124502/article/peyton-manning-03-in-playoff-tilts-below-40-degrees

Includes the Pats twice, Jets and the Ravens last year. 

Manning has never won a playoff game below 40. You can look it up.

What if's don't count.

Brady has never won a superbowl in the rain. He also hasnt won a superbowl since signing his second contract

What I'm afraid of is if Manning wins the Super Bowl period you will see so many @$^%$# trolls ripping us a new A@#&*^% for letting him go like their doing else where already... Hope everyone is ready for that because they will be back all the ones that haven't been back since he left to jam you a new you know what...?  And hey all you so called Peyton Manning fans and Broncos fan (and that's OK with me if you are) but what you should be doing is going to Irsay and bowing down to him and worshiping him as your God for having the sense to let him go because deep down you know just as well as I do with line offence etc that we had especially the first year he was not here he would have ended up staying in the fetal position, career ending injury are playing QB in a wheelchair... And you know it... So all I can say and I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it... If the Broncos win get ready for the most TROLLS you ever saw on a football site in the history of Profession football and a football organization site. Think about it???      

Really? You think this will happen? I would think people would be coming here and gloating about Manning.

Point is OP was wrong with monsoon and last I checked both teams played in it and Manning had 1 TD and 1 pick while Addai had a monster game. Not exactly a great game to be touting Manning.

And Manning is 0-4 in playoff games below 40., http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124502/article/peyton-manning-03-in-playoff-tilts-below-40-degrees

Dominic Rhodes was the name you were searching for.

Really? You think this will happen? I would think people would be coming here and gloating about Manning.

Like I said it is happening already else where already.. I'm hoping I don't need to find out but I wish I could say I hope I don't find out

but I know for a fact their waiting at the starting gate ready to ponce.....Like wolf's...

Manning has never won a playoff game below 40. You can look it up.

What if's don't count.

There's no what-if. What's happening here is you're being stubborn and it's making you look bad.

Your imaginary threshold of 40 degrees is meaningless. Even if it weren't, the Broncos/Chargers game two weeks ago was less than 40 degrees. http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KDEN/2014/1/12/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Like I said it is happening already else where already.. I'm hoping I don't need to find out but I wish I could say I hope I don't find out

but I know for a fact their waiting at the starting gate ready to ponce.....

Is it? I have not seen much honestly. I think most understand that you are set up for the long term with Luck even if Manning gets this SB win.

Yeah, you're off the deep end on this one. 

Point is, you were wrong claiming there were other SBs played in rain, snow, ice. Your words, and they were wrong.

And yes, both teams played in it, but only one team won. Manning is the only QB to play in and win a SB in the rain or any other kind of precipitation.

None of this is meaningful to me. But don't say something blatantly wrong, then try to adjust the parameters of the discussion. This would have been over 30 posts ago if you just said "you're right, I was mistaken, there's been no other SB played in weather like that." 

I wasn't just including the SB era but all championship games. You had the ice bowl and other champ games decided in the snow. But like I said, don't think rain has ever been issue for Manning as much as the cold and wind. But SB41 was not a monsoon by any stretch of the imagination. That was my main point.

Lol you literally said SB's. If you're going to back track like that you have to at least re-read your own posts...

My point has not changed. SB41 was not close to a monsoon. NFL champ games have been played in inclement weather including rain, snow and ice. Manning's issues have never been rain but cold and wind. Still has yet to win a playoff game in under 40 degrees.

It was dome before. Now last 2 seasons without Dome - 10000 yards and 96 TDs. That talk has been shut.

Cold Weather - 18 degree against Tennesse Titans - 51 points. That talk has been shut.

Playoffs failure against Rivers - That talk has been shut.

Playoff demons against Brady/Belichick, 2-2 post season against them. That talk has been shut.

Now, snow SB - That talk will be shut soon.

I bet Manning reads these posts. He is surgically killing all these like his Rocket Laser throws.

Brady has never won a superbowl in the rain. He also hasnt won a superbowl since signing his second contract

And Brady has never won a SB since that S........, oh wait that would be too easy of an argument.

Point is, you were wrong claiming there were other SBs played in rain, snow, ice. Your words, and they were wrong.

And yes, both teams played in it, but only one team won. Manning is the only QB to play in and win a SB in the rain or any other kind of precipitation.

None of this is meaningful to me. But don't say something blatantly wrong, then try to adjust the parameters of the discussion. This would have been over 30 posts ago if you just said "you're right, I was mistaken, there's been no other SB played in weather like that." 

I correctly it and said champ games not just SBs about 30 posts go .....

Is it? I have not seen much honestly. I think most understand that you are set up for the long term with Luck even if Manning gets this SB win.

Well, that's the way I feel!! And people should be happy for both sides. But you know what, and it's unfortunate that there always will be mean spirited people... Unfortunately... 

And another thing, AM, to try to go back to championship games from 50-60 years ago, when the game was entirely different, is just weak. 

Well, that's the way I feel!! And people should be happy for both sides. But you know what, and it's unfortunate that there always will be mean spirited people... Unfortunately... 

I think everything today is set up on the short term because everything in our society screams now. It is why rookies are pushed onto the big stage probably before they should be and the criticized when they make mistakes. No one wants to wait for anything anymore.

I think everything today is set up on the short term because everything in our society screams now. It is why rookies are pushed onto the big stage probably before they should be and the criticized when they make mistakes. No one wants to wait for anything anymore.

Yep, I remember the days when a guy like Luck would be holding a Clipboard for Manning. But I got one word for it...MONEY...

Sure. There have been rainy SBs before and snow and ice too. It rained but monsoon is ridiculous. And don't think rain has ever been issue for Manning just the cold and wind. He still has yet to win a playoff game when it is under 40. Sunday gives him another chance.

And another thing, AM, to try to go back to championship games from 50-60 years ago, when the game was entirely different, is just weak.

im-right-youre-wrong_1370.gif
Superman looks nothing like i thought he would. But you as a nine year old would not surprise me

And there are quite a few Colts fans ( who are competing for the classiest fan title ) get very aggressive if we say anything  about Brady. They just fly from nowhere to defend ( who is that steelcolt ?? )

I suggest them to read this thread. It will explain why we do that.

im-right-youre-wrong_1370.gif

Not sure what this means, but it doesn't change the fact that Bart Starr (who averaged less than 20 attempts/game over his career) was less affected by the weather in the Ice Bowl than either QB was affected by the rain in SB41. 

Actually i don't think you know. A monsoon can occur with very little rain.

Exactly. The wind is the key which again is why the subject of this thread is completely faulty.

Monsoon is traditionally defined as a seasonal reversing wind accompanied by corresponding changes in precipitation but is now used to describe seasonal changes in atmospheric circulation and precipitation associated with the asymmetric heating of land and sea.Usually, the term monsoon is used to refer to the rainy phase of a seasonally-changing pattern, although technically there is also a dry phase.

The major monsoon systems of the world consist of the West African and Asia-Australian monsoons. The inclusion of the North and South American monsoons with incomplete wind reversal has been debated.

Exactly. The wind is the key which again is why the subject of this thread is completely faulty.

Monsoon is traditionally defined as a seasonal reversing wind accompanied by corresponding changes in precipitation but is now used to describe seasonal changes in atmospheric circulation and precipitation associated with the asymmetric heating of land and sea.Usually, the term monsoon is used to refer to the rainy phase of a seasonally-changing pattern, although technically there is also a dry phase.

The major monsoon systems of the world consist of the West African and Asia-Australian monsoons. The inclusion of the North and South American monsoons with incomplete wind reversal has been debated.

Neat, you know how to use wikipediia.

What are you trying to get at in this thread?.

Is the faulty subject bothering you or Manning is bad in cold weather?.