Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Harris difference maker Out for AFCCG, Stopped Allen, got injured & allen goes for 123 yards

bayone

Now I Know why Jammer was on Allen as Chargers tried a comeback

Brady will attack replacement between runs, Broncos Next Man must get better, What ever happened to Tony Carter ?? , Jammer is like Bailey , old and not as effective anymore

Story updated: Harris left the game on the same play as Allen's first catch.

To understand the importance of cornerback Chris Harris Jr. to this Denver Broncos defense, one simply has to examine the stats of his opposition, with and without him on the field.

Before Harris left the game in the third quarter with knee and ankle injuries, San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen was held to one catch for 19 yards.

After Harris left, Allen managed five  catches for 123 yards and two touchdowns.

It's not that easy, however, as the Denver Post reports it is "almost certain" that Harris won't play in the AFC Championship Game

Leaving a game and not returning is never a good sign (see Miller, Von), but with some luck Harris might be ready for a Super Bowl appearance

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1/12/5302972/chris-harris-injury-broncos-cornerback-knee-mri

First it was the weather that would effect the Broncos now it's because of a player that might not be able to play. Could the Broncos have at least have a little time to enjoy their Win before all the negatives as to why they might not win the next game to begin. The article also says Jammer also knows he made mistakes and I would think since he acknowledged them he will try and correct them. I feel sure that the team will make the adjustments they feel that need to be made as best they can.  Let's remember that Brady and the Pats are playing at Peyton's house this time and we all know what happened the last time they played in Peyton's house (2006)  Let's hope history will repeat it's self. :thmup:  JMHO

First it was the weather that would effect the Broncos now it's because of a player that might not be able to play. Could the Broncos have at least have a little time to enjoy their Win before all the negatives as to why they might not win the next game to begin. The article also says Jammer also knows he made mistakes and I would think since he acknowledged them he will try and correct them. I feel sure that the team will make the adjustments they feel that need to be made as best they can.  Let's remember that Brady and the Pats are playing at Peyton's house this time and we all know what happened the last time they played in Peyton's house (2006)  Let's hope history will repeat it's self. :thmup:  JMHO

I never said they will lose because of this, just that it is a loss to their D

I also felt that Tony Carter when he played was better than Jammer, Maybe I am wrong,Its been awhile since Carter was in, at least I think so,  I know he was a healthy inactive yesterday

I agree adjustments will be made this week and to be positive, They thought same once on JT was severly injured and MRI negative and he was able to play

They are enjoying the moment without forgetting about next week

Forgot interviewer name but he said Peytons face after the game showed great satisfaction , yet great determination that things arent done & no injuries at all to that offense yesterday

didnt u love how this time with , they showed a graphic on TV that they put the ball on 3rd downs with same time left in game as last years raven game in Peytons hands & let him throw and no runs till 2 great 3rd and long Passing conversions to ensure the win

with Peyton , can always score and may not even need the D, it just will be bice to have best  D adjutments ready and like u say they will

Peyton was sharp with those short passes with wind that he didnt need the Deep ball & great 3rd down efficiency was the key as well as a timely run calls that woirked great

Great game plan, Kudos to the staff

I know u say this is off topic, but I doubt will be here much, so posted this now before MRI results as maybe wont have time later, i wont detail why but things are getting serious Re Mom health wise & makes football quite secondary so time here is unknown in future

Rahim Moore is back, so they can play 3 safeties instead of 3 CBs for nickel looks if JDR has half a brain (like when he decides not to put the #6 DB in jammer on the #1 wideout Allen)  :).

Denver hasn't had even close to as many injuries as some other teams, especially the Patriots.

I don't feel bad for them, everyone is suffering injuries this year.. injuries that are a lot more impactful than Chris Harris Jr.

both teams yes have suffered greatly injury wise, Peyton acknowledged the hardships Pats had to overcome in various post game interviews

I dont want to start listing each player and each team and do an evaluation

aslo I have to leave now

Best of luck nextt week

PS Jarwarski on Mike & Mike said give BB all the credit for adjusting the D and having great plaayers picked in waiting that just needed some time to prove themselves as to why Pats D coming alive even with injuries,, he said BB perpares that all 53 players will be needed at some pint so makes sure lower rooster full with potential that he can bring out

Of Course they are not Wilfork ETC

TV now shut and out the door

Denver hasn't had even close to as many injuries as some other teams, especially the Patriots.

I don't feel bad for them, everyone is suffering injuries this year.. injuries that are a lot more impactful than Chris Harris Jr.

PS Jarwarski on Mike & Mike said give BB all the credit for adjusting the D and having great plaayers picked in waiting that just needed some time to prove themselves as to why Pats D coming alive even with injuries,, he said BB perpares that all 53 players will be needed at some pint so makes sure lower rooster full with potential that he can bring out

Yea I didn't even realize until Saturday's game that the Patriots have the 2nd youngest team in the NFL.  I'm really just stunned that we've made it this far given the injuries and adversity this team has had to face this year, but im certainly enjoying the ride!

Another Manning vs Brady matchup for the right to go to the Super Bowl... We are fans in a special era of football right now, so win or lose I plan to enjoy it while it lasts.

Rahim Moore is back, so they can play 3 safeties instead of 3 CBs for nickel looks if JDR has half a brain (like when he decides not to put the #6 DB in jammer on the #1 wideout Allen) :).

Well that is great news for the Broncos. Such a strange injury Rahim suffered. Not very often. Someone just loses blood flow in their leg.

Well that is great news for the Broncos. Such a strange injury Rahim suffered. Not very often. Someone just loses blood flow in their leg.

I've actually heard of similar injuries a few times in recent years and even this season. Swelling and internal bleeding cuts off blood flow. It can be very dangerous and damaging.

Cant say not even close. Denver has injuries as good as what Pats do.

Rahim Moore is back, so they can play 3 safeties instead of 3 CBs for nickel looks if JDR has half a brain (like when he decides not to put the #6 DB in jammer on the #1 wideout Allen)  :).

They were hoping to have hi last week but couldnt practice, I hope u r right that he caan come back this week

Denver just cant catch a break

UPDATE

Fears confirmed: Torn ACL for Broncos CB Chris Harris.

Broncos CB Chris Harris suffered a torn ACL in yesterdays playoff game. This will be another big loss for the Denver Broncos defense that is already without Von Miller,Rahim MooreDerek Wolfe and Kevin Vickerson.

his injury is that this injury effects the 2014 season as well. The Broncos more then likely will start the 2014 season with both Chris Harris and Von Miller on the PUP, or at least limited.

After, Harris left the game Allen went off for 6 catches, 142 yards, 2 touchdowns. Not good.

Will Veteran Champ Bailey play outside once again? Will they put rookie Kayvon Webster outside? or will they go with the veteran Jammer?

(((   Or Maybe Tony Carter  )))

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1/13/5304412/report-chris-harris-has-a-torn-acl

Yea I didn't even realize until Saturday's game that the Patriots have the 2nd youngest team in the NFL.  I'm really just stunned that we've made it this far given the injuries and adversity this team has had to face this year, but im certainly enjoying the ride!

Another Manning vs Brady matchup for the right to go to the Super Bowl... We are fans in a special era of football right now, so win or lose I plan to enjoy it while it lasts.

First also give BB credit for getting Blount just before trade deadline, That was your game difference maker last few weeks and hes onlly been getting better

Re Harris, he has played more snaps than any other Denver Defensive player and is in every Defensive package Del Rio has it said on TV early this am 

also in 2nd half of that comeback by Pats , it was when Cromartie went down at end of first half that minus a WR , not slot CB , and using a backup that was when Brady destroyed the 2ndary

Webster has cast on hand post thumb surgery and was horrible when in, esp last gaame when chargers beat Denverr

so u have him and Tony Carter at this point as backups with Jammer , will one play slot, and Bailyey back to outside , Biig decision nbeeded ??

and Vs Run  no Big Vick who was lost in that last Pat game as was wolfe, and in that last game Von Miller played a big park and he since went down & is having acl surgery

so yes both teams have major losses

Now getting ready  to return  again to help Mom eat more Liunch time , I am only one she apparently listens too & she needs to regain the 20% plus body weight lost, at least over last week with my help she hasnt lost more but needs to gain back weight and energy level at age 95

Best of Luck to your pats 

Harris is their best cover corner. This one hurts.

First it was the weather that would effect the Broncos now it's because of a player that might not be able to play. Could the Broncos have at least have a little time to enjoy their Win before all the negatives as to why they might not win the next game to begin. The article also says Jammer also knows he made mistakes and I would think since he acknowledged them he will try and correct them. I feel sure that the team will make the adjustments they feel that need to be made as best they can.  Let's remember that Brady and the Pats are playing at Peyton's house this time and we all know what happened the last time they played in Peyton's house (2006)  Let's hope history will repeat it's self.  :thmup:  JMHO

Susie Team is enjoying the Victory Peyton said in interview last night , but then said will work Vs Pats first thing this am --

1 or more of the below 3 also said this is a D issue , Peyton will still be peyton and offense will still be intact & if Chris Clark can play as he has at LT and Peyton stays untouched again, he can score , run or pass

Ian Rappaport & Chris mortenson agree

, that this is worse injury to team than losing Von Miller and Brady will take advantage as BB determines best way to do it,

Expect play action pass to do it as blount running sets it up 

with this injury expect a gameplan for Patriots by BB that will take advantage of more passing in combination with great new run game, say Broncos dont have adequate replacement for their best CB ( I thought DRC best CB myself ) , actually said SS mike adams maybe move to slot as need run defender there too and he has nickel experience , that ways a new one for me. They said uit will be aa real quandry that V Broncos need to figure out , say Jammer and Bailey together make secondary just to old

Ron Jarwarski said its the great Minutia of BB that gets everyone on proper page in practice and tjhe specific plan he makes Vs each team and series to series adjustments not just halftime adjustments that has allowed Pats to flourish esp this year

Sorry all was in background at assisted living in one of there TV rooms,, , no idea what show was on , i was making sure mom drinking an extra ensure + & was in another TV room with crap on,, but my ears perked up watching MOM and egging her on while listening as best I could to TV without being distracted from my mom, they talked alot more but didnt catch rest

Yes, both teams have had losses on D and O. But only the Patriots have Belichick that can coach up his players better than anyone else I have seen. Just being honest.

Torn ACL.

Harris is their best cover corner. This one hurts.

Denver just cant catch a break

PS to the above comment, In addition

Jaws says that he guarantees BB ., Mc Daniels & Brady are watching tape of when Harris went out and feel this

is now as far as passing a " JUICY DEFENSE " that ... " can be exploited " 

anyone brought in to replace in past when Harris trakes a rest has allowed QBRs to be raised to 93+

also says lessens variety of D  packages and switch ups that Del rio can use and will possibly lead to miscommunication

thats it for me today 

Im outta here

Give them a week they will figure this out. Players don't just go out and perform when they were not prepared to take the field. Webster could play nickel and Bailey move to outside.

On the other hand Pats do not have a wideout as good as Allen. They may have a few good slot receivers but Denver DBs should have less problem matching up with them.

If Denver and Seattle advance, Seattle has no WR of Allen's caliber either.

Only thing that made me curious was why they did not put DRC on Allen going toward the end. Obviously SD had no other good receivers that needed the top-corner coverage.

Keenan Allen is really special.  142 yard in a playoff game his rookie year holds a lot of promise for our future when we get #1 and #2 receivers back.  Who are you going to double team?  I hope he gets OROY this year, it's one of the toughest positions to learn and perform well in - much tougher than running back to be sure.  He was a beast in that game. 

As a person I love Quentin Jammer - but his best years are in the rear view mirror.  He has really slowed down the past couple of years.  He gave us a lot of good years before he was let go.  I'd be surprised if he's back next year for Denver. 

I am looking forward to the AFCCG game.  I'm not sure that Denver gets by the Patriots.  In a way I hope they do and Peyton retires for admittedly purely selfish reasons.

Denver's lost 6 starters (5 on defense)  including 2 first-team all-pros in Clady and Miller

DE Wolfe, DT  Vickerson, S-Moore, LB-Miller and now CB-Chris Harris..Denver has lost a ton

NE has lost more but not by much

...Denver is hurting defensively..there's no 2 ways about it

Denver's lost 6 starters (5 on defense)  including 2 first-team all-pros in Clady and Miller

DE Wolfe, DT  Vickerson, S-Moore, LB-Miller and now CB-Chris Harris..Denver has lost a ton

Proops to Allen for being a beast in the 4th quarter.

The Broncos continue to lose players. First Miller, now Harris. Thank God they still have DRC or they'd be screwed. 

Allen was a beast as Harris was out & Jammer in, Remember second half of Pats game, lost DRC and suddenly Brady in 2nd half picked on replacement

Harris says many is # 1 CB over DRC, even if # 2 analyusts say Brady will do same with his sub making life hard for Del rio , , not just quality but limited packages and varirty of subs & blitz's that can be employed as previously detailed in comment 22, # 21 also tells all

The more I think about this injury it could be huge in terms of the Pats play action. If the corner that replaces him does not play as tight then the speedy WRs of the Pats could get past for some nice gains.

as i underlined same in comment 21 & followed up in 22 , re read those 2 ,They Tell all and why such a major loss

any sub will not be use to playing and will get bit by play action says in those comments

thats it for me all day Drs bye

A  Quick PS 

Read  -  their back up choices

a paragraph review of each player & Detailed Stats 

Authors  Final Thoughts

Whoever is able to go will likely be a favorite target of Tom Brady.

It seems as if every time one of these three steps on the field, the opposing quarterback makes a new best friend. Is that a bit harsh? Perhaps, but none of these guys has shown the ability to be a reliable and steady back-up capable of shutting things down.

Honestly, I mostly blame Jack Del Rio for their issues. Jammer is an aging vet far past his prime, Tony Carter is an UDFA with a limited skillset and a pair of grabby hands that always leave the potential for a PI or Illegal Contact penalty, and Kayvon Webster is a raw rookie who has struggled with consistency.

None of these guys should be put on an island like they have been at times. For what it's worth, the uncertainty on the back end has contributed to breakdowns just as much as their poor play has. Until Del Rio learns to scheme and limit the liability we have when one of these players is on the field, the Broncos secondary will be ripe for big play potential.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1/13/5304062/bronco-roulette-webster-jammer-or-carter

Proops to Allen for being a beast in the 4th quarter.

The Broncos continue to lose players. First Miller, now Harris. Thank God they still have DRC or they'd be screwed. 

The more I think about this injury it could be huge in terms of the Pats play action. If the corner that replaces him does not play as tight then the speedy WRs of the Pats could get past for some nice gains.

Now I Know why Jammer was on Allen as Chargers tried a comeback

Brady will attack replacement between runs, Broncos Next Man must get better, What ever happened to Tony Carter ?? , Jammer is like Bailey , old and not as effective anymore

Story updated: Harris left the game on the same play as Allen's first catch.

To understand the importance of cornerback Chris Harris Jr. to this Denver Broncos defense, one simply has to examine the stats of his opposition, with and without him on the field.

Before Harris left the game in the third quarter with knee and ankle injuries, San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen was held to one catch for 19 yards.

After Harris left, Allen managed five  catches for 123 yards and two touchdowns.

It's not that easy, however, as the Denver Post reports it is "almost certain" that Harris won't play in the AFC Championship Game

Leaving a game and not returning is never a good sign (see Miller, Von), but with some luck Harris might be ready for a Super Bowl appearance

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1/12/5302972/chris-harris-injury-broncos-cornerback-knee-mri

Every team has injuries at this point in the season.  Patriots are without more than 20% of their salary cap.  Second to the Texans.

Every team has injuries at this point in the season.  Patriots are without more than 20% of their salary cap.  Second to the Texans.

hope u read comments 21 , 22, & 30 on what he means to the team with some good expert commentary , this one Brady can exploit just like when DRC went down and didnt play in second half of first meeting

I do agree with what u say

++ Now out the door so have a great day

BTW  Grew up with and still Idolize Unitas , have slabbed , graded rookie card as do virtyually aall of the 50, & 60 teams of Colts

Sure, you never want to lose any players but I don't know how much an impact losing Chris Harris will be for the Broncos because the Patriots' two WR's (Thompkins and Dobson) have been almost non existent this year.  Dobson has been injured with a foot injury and I don't know if he's playing against the Broncos.  Thompkins and Dobson are struggling rookies so Jammer should do fine covering either one.

Does anyone know about Dobson's and Thompkins' condition and if they will be playing?

Sure, you never want to lose any players but I don't know how much an impact losing Chris Harris will be for the Broncos because the Patriots' two WR's (Thompkins and Dobson) have been almost non existent this year.  Dobson has been injured with a foot injury and I don't know if he's playing against the Broncos.  Thompkins and Dobson are struggling rookies so Jammer should do fine covering either one.

Does anyone know about Dobson's and Thompkins' condition and if they will be playing?

while I understand your comments , still

hope u read comments 21 , 22, & 30 with comments by Ian Rappaport & Chris mortenson agree & Ron Jarwarski - ((  also comments  far below are from Prisco Monday Musings  and he also says Brady will take advantage of it )

FINALLY Re: Harris, he has played more snaps than any other Denver Defensive player and is in every Defensive package Del Rio has it said on TV early AM Monday so for Del Rio his available sub packages & biltz varieties will be limited

also in 2nd half of that comeback by Pats , it was when Cromartie went down at end of first half that minus a bstarting CB , and using a backup that was when Brady destroyed the 2ndary for his comback

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will it be the straw that breaks the Broncos’ back?

Now, the New England Patriots are coming to Denver for the AFC Title Game. The Patriots, as you surely know, are pretty good – better than the Chargers because they have a quarterback that simply does not, cannot be rattled. A fellow named Tom Brady.

And Brady will surely be told, as someone told Chargers QB Philip Rivers late in the third quarter on Sunday, Denver cornerback Chris Harris is missing.

I didn’t hear one peep about No. 25 being sidelined from the announcers, but as the fourth quarter started to unfold, I started noticing something odd: Quentin Jammer was covering – or trying to cover – Charger wide receivers. He hadn’t been there before and the Chargers hadn’t even really tried to attack the right side of the field.

But Charger receivers Jammer was trying to cover were starting to catch passes.

Just like that, the Chargers were getting back in the game.

Harris had played three-quarters of the game and Rivers had tried three passes in his direction, completing two for a total of 5 yards. That’s it: 5 yards.

+++ Rivers had a quarterback rating of 143.8 against Jammer. It was 70.1 going against Harris.

Now, however, Mr. Brady and the Patriots will invade New Mile High on Sunday afternoon.

You can bet they will have a plan in place to quickly test Jammer … or Bailey … or Webster … or Tony Carter or anyone else who can be pulled out of the cornerback hat.

It’s a scary thought that the knee injury to Harris might be the straw that finally broke the Broncos’ back.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/01/13/losing-chris-harris-will-straw-breaks-broncos-back/

===========================================

Pete Prisco
Senior NFL Columnist

Monday Musings: Divisonals? Meh; bring on championship Sunday January 13, 2014 10:12 am ET

If Denver corner Chris Harris is down this week, it will be a big hit to the Broncos. He is one of their best defenders. When he went down, San Diego lit up the secondary. Quentin Jammer wasn't very good. The Broncos should play rookie Kayvon Webster. ( , My, that is Bayones Take - Webster may still have a cast on his hand post thumb surgery & when he didnt and Chargers beat Broncos Rivers lit him up to just like Jammer )

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24408004/monday-musings-bring-on-championship-weekend

I don't know,  AMF

I think Brady's going to take one look at Clint Jammer on the corner and all that running attack is going to go on the shelf..

I do not what it means but Champ Bailey has replaced Harris on depth chart

Meanwhile Bailey has handled the slot fine , u also need a good tackler their ,, having one of the others who haven't played the slot could be dangerous as they dont know the nuances of said posistion

I do not what it means but Champ Bailey has replaced Harris on depth chart

Meanwhile Bailey has handled the slot fine , u also need a good tackler their ,, having one of the others who haven't played the slot could be dangerous as they dont know the nuances of said posistion

Maybe the coaches that know more than fans do think they have a better player for said position. They want to put the best possible team after the injuries on the field as possible because they want to win this game as badly as the other 3 teams. Just have to have faith in the coaches that they know what they are doing and if not will make adjustments. I bet Champ Bailey doesn't make the same mistake he made in the game against the Ravens last year.  haha

Chargers WR's are better than the Patriots' WR's and the Chargers' TE Gates is better than the Pats' TE who is filling in for an injured Gronk.

If Cromartie and Jammer are covering the outside and Bailey is on Edelman in the slot then the Broncos can hold their own defensively.

Remember, the Patriots' WR's are almost non-existent.

Do you or anyone know the condition of Dobson and Thompkins and will they be playing Sunday night?

Maybe the coaches that know more than fans do think they have a better player for said position. They want to put the best possible team after the injuries on the field as possible because they want to win this game as badly as the other 3 teams. Just have to have faith in the coaches that they know what they are doing and if not will make adjustments. I bet Champ Bailey doesn't make the same mistake he made in the game against the Ravens last year.  haha

am sure he will do his best, some Denver sites like this move thinkingh it means he will plaay outside  some like him in slot  based on his current level of play there and afraid of throwing someone new in there

I really dont know enough

hope u read comments 21 , 22, & 30 on what he means to the team with some good expert commentary , this one Brady can exploit just like when DRC went down and didnt play in second half of first meeting

I do agree with what u say

++ Now out the door so have a great day

BTW  Grew up with and still Idolize Unitas , have slabbed , graded rookie card as do virtyually aall of the 50, & 60 teams of Colts

The Patriots won't have Wilfork or Mayo, two pro-bowl defenders.  They won't have Gronkowski.  I'm not saying that the Broncos are not suspect with the loss of a top corner, just saying that ALL teams have injured players at this point in the playoffs.  A team needs depth. 

am sure he will do his best, some Denver sites like this move thinkingh it means he will plaay outside  some like him in slot  based on his current level of play there and afraid of throwing someone new in there

I really dont know enough

Well I guess the coaches will put him where they think he can contribute the best.  :dunno:    Right   :???: