Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Dwayne Allen be a top 3 Tight End?

BlueCollarColts

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts
Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts

Didn't you use to post here as KirkCousins and Adaywithoutrain or something to that effect?

Yes, i did . AND YES, I'VE ALREADY SPOKEN WITH NADINE ABOUT IT.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts
Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts

Yes, i did . AND YES, I'VE ALREADY SPOKEN WITH NADINE ABOUT IT.

Could care less. Just thought your posting "STYLE" was familiar. Never mind me. Just being nosey.

Could care less. Just thought your posting "STYLE" was familiar. Never mind me. Just being nosey.

I've already reached out about it.

Are you claiming this Allen kid is the best blocking tight end in the NFL?  Really?

Yes.

Yes, i sure did. I needed it also. The chinese firewater sure hit the spot. My apologies for being a tool.

Ahh, one of the curses of the internet. It gives tools a voice.

Ahh, one of the curses of the internet. It gives tools a voice.

But, i'm a big tool...does that matter?

:facepalm:

No, not face palm. He called you out and you had no response. You deserve the face palm in this situation

No, not face palm. He called you out and you had no response. You deserve the face palm in this situation

fair enough.

Those rankings aren't established by a guy looking through homer glasses. No one can claim that Allen is the best tight end in the NFL at anything. It is foolish to try.

Don't care. I always take those NFL.com rankings with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, it's that guys' opinion. 

I'll say it again, any football ranking, that is created by a person, is subjective. IT IS SUBJECTIVE!

Dustin is right...allen is the best blocking TE in the league. I never questioned his ability, just his health.

How can one claim that with any shred of credibility?

How can one claim that with any shred of credibility?

By watching the games.

By watching the games.

Really? After watching as many games as you do, you can honestly claim he is " the best" blocking tight end in the NFL today? That is incredible.

Really? After watching as many games as you do, you can honestly claim he is " the best" blocking tight end in the NFL today? That is incredible.

Yes. And advanced stat sites like PFF agree with me.

As you are a Sehawks fan, and thus new to watching the NFL, I'll let you slide on this one.

Yes. And advanced stat sites like PFF agree with me.

As you are a Sehawks fan, and thus new to watching the NFL, I'll let you slide on this one.

Chances are, I was a Colts fan prior to your birth.

No one in the realm of professional football has this kid as the very best in the NFL at anything. Does he have the potential? Maybe, maybe not. But has he achieved anything which would cause anyone to say he's the best at anything? No....

I read that list when it first came out and what I find ridiculous is that they list Tyler Eifert with Pro Bowl potential but Fleener as an "Upstart".  Fleener was every bit as good if not better than Eifert in college and has just as much potential.  

As for Allen as a top 3 TE?  Possibly...kind of like Andy said, he could wind up being one of the most complete, all-around TE's but I don't think he'll ever be considered an elite receiving TE.  With his size and speed I think Fleener has much more potential in that regard.  

Chances are, I was a Colts fan prior to your birth.

No one in the realm of professional football has this kid as the very best in the NFL at anything. Does he have the potential? Maybe, maybe not. But has he achieved anything which would cause anyone to say he's the best at anything? No....

Yes. He's the best blocker. There's really no argument. Sorry.

We have too many playmakers for Allen to be considered a top 3 TE. T.Y is 1,000 wr, If Rogers would have started game 1 instead of Wayne he would be a 75 rec 1,000 yard, 7 TD WR. Whalen is a 600 yard WR and Fleener is a 600 yard WR. 

If we played no huddle offense all year and became a heavy passing team Allen could be a 60 rec 800 yard 7 TD type of TE but Luck just has too many options to throw too. He could be a top 7 TE but i don't think there's a HOF type TE like Graham or Gronk in the league right now. Austin Sefarin Jenkins has the potential, he's 6'6 265, runs a 4.6 and considered a 1st round pick. If a team like the Packers draft him and there's a good chance because of Finley injury, he can become the 3rd best TE especially with Rogers throwing him the ball for 10 years.

Dustin is right...allen is the best blocking TE in the league. .

Then all I can say is that you've never seen a tight end from another team play a game. It's mind boggling that someone would seriously say that.

Yes. He's the best blocker. There's really no argument. Sorry.

C'mon. Let's get serious here.

C'mon. Let's get serious here.

Like I said, I'm sorry you are wrong,

Claiming a guy who played in one game this year is the best in the NFL at something is a reach of mammoth proportions. Especially when it was his second season in the NFL.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Claiming a guy who played in one game this year is the best in the NFL at something is a reach of mammoth proportions. Especially when it was his second season in the NFL.

You've never watched him play then.  Dwayne Allen is an amazing blocker.  That is not an biased opinion, that is a fact.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Then all I can say is that you've never seen a tight end from another team play a game. It's mind boggling that someone would seriously say that.

You need to watch some tape instead of just throwing out uneducated criticisms.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We have too many playmakers for Allen to be considered a top 3 TE. T.Y is 1,000 wr, If Rogers would have started game 1 instead of Wayne he would be a 75 rec 1,000 yard, 7 TD WR. Whalen is a 600 yard WR and Fleener is a 600 yard WR. 

If we played no huddle offense all year and became a heavy passing team Allen could be a 60 rec 800 yard 7 TD type of TE but Luck just has too many options to throw too. He could be a top 7 TE but i don't think there's a HOF type TE like Graham or Gronk in the league right now. Austin Sefarin Jenkins has the potential, he's 6'6 265, runs a 4.6 and considered a 1st round pick. If a team like the Packers draft him and there's a good chance because of Finley injury, he can become the 3rd best TE especially with Rogers throwing him the ball for 10 years.

Your basing your top 3 on stats.  I don't think you have to put up top 3 stats to be a top 3 player at your position.  In fantasy football Allen will never be a top 3 TE, but from a talent perspective he can.

You've never watched him play then.  Dwayne Allen is an amazing blocker.  That is not an biased opinion, that is a fact.

Saying Allen is an amazing blocker is not the same thing as saying he's the best blocking TE in the league.  In order to realistically say he's the best blocking TE in the league, you would have to have watched every single snap of every game and closely examined the blocking of every TE on every team's roster.

Hardly anyone has. He's only played in one game this year and last year he was a rookie. Those are facts.

Every single starting tight end in all the NFC west teams are a better blocker than him. They need to be because they are up against far superior defensive fronts every week and double as offensive linemen most of the time.

Saying Allen is an amazing blocker is not the same thing as saying he's the best blocking TE in the league.  In order to realistically say he's the best blocking TE in the league, you would have to have watched every single snap of every game and closely examined the blocking of every TE on every team's roster.

Yes. One could say that he's a good blocker, or blocking is his strength, but to say he's the best in the entire NFL is folly at best.

You need to watch some tape instead of just throwing out uneducated criticisms.

Ahem...... Cough, cough.....

Saying Allen is an amazing blocker is not the same thing as saying he's the best blocking TE in the league. In order to realistically say he's the best blocking TE in the league, you would have to have watched every single snap of every game and closely examined the blocking of every TE on every team's roster.

I have. He's the best.

Hardly anyone has. He's only played in one game this year and last year he was a rookie. Those are facts.

Every single starting tight end in all the NFC west teams are a better blocker than him. They need to be because they are up against far superior defensive fronts every week and double as offensive linemen most of the time.

Not true. Zach Miller for instance, is an average run blocker and a bad pass blocker. Allen is far superior in both. And it's not close.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I haven't seen a single TE with Allen's blocking ability in the entire NFL.  So until I see someone better, Dwayne Allen is the best.  Plain and simple.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Ahem...... Cough, cough.....

Pathetic.

Not true. Zach Miller for instance, is an average run blocker and a bad pass blocker. Allen is far superior in both. And it's not close.

That right there proves you have no idea what you're talking about.

I haven't seen a single TE with Allen's blocking ability in the entire NFL.  So until I see someone better, Dwayne Allen is the best.  Plain and simple.

Incredible.

That right there proves you have no idea what you're talking about.

I think you're mistaken. Next time watch the TE during a running play instead of the RB. It will help you undertand better.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Incredible.

Yes.  Dwayne is incredible.

Wow. Just, just..... Wow. I can truly say that when it come to football, now I've heard it all.

Wow......

I think you're mistaken. Next time watch the TE during a running play instead of the RB. It will help you undertand better.

That one game he played this season must have been some spectacular display of athleticism .