Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck needs 7 yards

snkdy

He's consistently doing very well his first two years.  Yardage is off the charts!  I was under the impression, without looking, that his TD number wasn't all that great, but he's actually putting up fairly good numbers in that department too.

Luck has 45 TDs so far with 27 interceptions.

Newton had 40 after a full two seasons with 29 interceptions.

Manning,by comparison, put up 52 TDs after a full two seasons, with a staggering 43 interceptions.

I wonder if Luck will ever challenge Mr. Manning's TDs in a single season record.

He's consistently doing very well his first two years.  Yardage is off the charts!  I was under the impression, without looking, that his TD number wasn't all that great, but he's actually putting up fairly good numbers in that department too.

Manning,by comparison, put up 52 TDs after a full two seasons, with a staggering 43 interceptions.

I wonder if Luck will ever challenge Mr. Manning's TDs in a single season record.

Yep he's a very good QB. No complaints. 

Eh, probably not. Maybe though in the NFL which is getting more pass happy by the day

Let's just say luck puts up these (4,000 25 TDS) type of numbers for a career (i expect he'll eventually put together a string of 35-40+ TDS THOUGH), then he'll still be a H.O.FAMER. He's looking at 60,000+ 350+ for a career...pretty good and if you throw in 2-4 rings, maybe G.O.A.T.

I don't like to compare Luck to Newton. It took Newton 2 seasons to take his team to the playoffs...

Pretty sure you would count it as 3 seasons, not 2.  But this is correct.  

Also we where lucky that Luck stayed at school that extra year otherwise the Panthers would have gotten Luck and we would have probably ended up with RG3.  (Irsay said last year that they would have drafted RG3 if they ended up with the #2 pick and Luck wasn't available)

5 more TD passes and luck could be only the 5th QB in NFL history to have 50 in his first two seasons. 

Luck would've destroyed Newton's number halfway through the season if we were still using Arian's system. 

That said, I think Pep is starting to figure out our offense. It took quite a while, but I think he's slowly dialing up some good play calling. 

The problem is that he's had to adjust quite a bit considering the players we have lost.

Pretty sure you would count it as 3 seasons, not 2.  But this is correct.  

Also we where lucky that Luck stayed at school that extra year otherwise the Panthers would have gotten Luck and we would have probably ended up with RG3.  (Irsay said last year that they would have drafted RG3 if they ended up with the #2 pick and Luck wasn't available)

there was also talk that the colts were even looking very strongly at Russell Wilson. but to be honest no one can sit here and say that RG3 or Wilson would be good or bad if they went somewhere else. who knows RG3 may not have torn his knee up if he were in indy instead of that torn up field he was playing on last year. Russell wilson could have ended up being garbage had he went to a team with no defense and didnt have a top 5 RB in the NFL.