Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+ 10 1/2) at Denver (12-12-13)

oldunclemark

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and yes they do need Wes Welker

Welker can help the O, sure.

Unfortunately he can't install a head coach worth their salt or play defense. Sure you can put him on special teams, but I'm not so sure that's a good idea as of late.

The offense is mediocre on a bad day.

The rest of the team is mediocre on a good day. Every single week they find new and incredible ways to do something stupid at least once.  Even "disciplined" Trevathan had his INT return 1 yard line drop early in the season. He's as much a fool as the rest of them.

Von Miller had his ticket ordeal but at least he keeps his stupidity off the field. DRC is a good player, hopefully he can stay healthy. The rest of that D randomly act like a bunch of boobs. Might be best to celebrate after a 3 and out instead a long, time consuming drive or making a stop on 1st or 2nd.

We've literally never beaten the Patriots in Gillette (I mean, comeon, even the Jets and Dolphins have pulled out an occasional W at that place, and 0 of 10 there is pretty pathetic).....if you get past Miami and Baltimore you guys can pretty much be penciled in for the #1 seed.

yah it would likely be a huge upset, especially if the bills are in off season mode . . . your right I forgot it was at home, gotta remember JJ's post earlier . . . just gotta hold our breath for the next two games . . . we'll see . . . before tonight there were 3 tough teams around 6-7/7-6 mia/bal/Sd and the latter just beat Den, we see how the other two will do against the pats . . . if it cold happen to den it could happen to ne, we'll see, fingers crossed . . .

Whats with the doom and gloom?

SD is a sometimes good team, it's a division rival and it was a short week. Not to mention NE still has to play at Miami and Baltimore who are both pretty desperate. Bengals might have something to say too.

You win some you lose some.

I can't believe lately I have to be this beacon of hope for Denver but we do live in some crazy times in this world......

I didnt watch the entire second half, cant comment on how the team played but i will take your word.

Sorry Shane..SD had the ball for almost 40 minutes total

Broncos couldn't stop the run in the second half..and made some painful blunders..

12 men on the field...TWICE....

the pick wasn't really Manning';s fault...but you know how it works...all the losses are on him

I didnt see the INT, was it Peyton's fault?.

yes and no . . . he was in traffic and his arm was hit when it came forward and the ball fluttered into the air and the LB made basically a fair catch . . . it kind of tough to say, he could of pulled it in and taken a sack but it tough to say . . . perhaps better when you see the highlights and you can drawn your own conclusion . . .  

I can't believe lately I have to be this beacon of hope for Denver but we do live in some crazy times in this world......

One needs, if nothing else, a defense to win come Jan. An offense, special teams, and/or not committing stupid penalties (coaching) is all a bonus if you have any or all of those.

Denver only has an O and a kicker, and it can't always play lights out.  That will bite them in the playoffs unless Denver's D wants to pull a 2006 Indy. I can't say I'm optimistic about those odds given their weekly ineptitude.

This should all sound very, very familiar. Although I will say Dungy wasn't a good coach, Fox and Del Rio's lack of discipline on that team is outright terrible on top of being too conservative like Dungy and Polian/Blinky.

yes and no . . . he was in traffic and his arm was hit when it came forward and the ball fluttered into the air and the LB made basically a fair catch . . . it kind of tough to say, he could of pulled it in and taken a sack but it tough to say . . . perhaps better when you see the highlights and you can drawn your own conclusion . . .  

I just did and its on him.

He should know better to take a sack and not throw. Trying to win it all by himself is killing him his whole career. I am done defending him.

I mean no receivers were open, so just take a sack and play the next down.

SD is a sometimes good team, it's a division rival and it was a short week. Not to mention NE still has to play at Miami and Baltimore who are both pretty desperate. Bengals might have something to say too.

You do have the picture to show that your the beacon of hope. Its true. You can't win them all. 

Let the sun shine!  Let the sun shine!

:cloud9:    The sun'll come up tomorrow..even in Denver

One needs, if nothing else, a defense to win come Jan. An offense, special teams, and/or not committing stupid penalties (coaching) is all a bonus if you have any or all of those.

Denver only has an O, and it can't always play lights out. That will bite them in the playoffs unless Denver's D wants to pull a 2006 Indy. I can't say I'm optimistic about those odds given their weekly ineptitude.

You could be right, I didn't see the game either since I got home late from work tonight.

But, who knows really, the AFC is such a jumbled mess at times lately that I almost think it's any of the top 4 seeds game if they can show up and maybe even a team like Baltimore if they got in. Yes and even us since somehow we have potential when it all actually clicks.

I still favor Denver though but I really would not bet on it.

His line got beat, but he still should have taken the sack or quickly dumped it off. He did have some time as opposed to 1.5-2 seconds or less.

I thought he had a guy open.. ..he just got hit...

But like I always say.....all interceptions are on the QB///

Especially if you are Peyton Manning

If Brady takes the Pats to the SB i will admit he is the best ever, and i would rather someone poke me in the eye with a sharp stick than have to admit that.

If the New England Patriots get to the Superbowl, let alone win it, it will mean that they were the best team, luckiest team, and/or best coached team in the AFC and possibly NFL.

Even if the Patriots go one and done, I  think they're the best coached team league wide just like nearly every season. Also pretty close to the luckiest if not the luckiest overall when it comes to calls/non calls.

One should never be surprised to see the Patriots win a game.

Moose..... I think he thought his line had that guy locked up..it was a 3-man rush

he didn't even think about taking a sack

Like I said earlier - offense played mediocre overall. That was an untimely gaffe by the line and QB not sensing it.

Given that ridiculously awful onside kick attempt and D they would have found a way to screw it up anyway. Or found a way to give SD free first downs or something else stupid to end the game.

I just did and its on him.

He should know better to take a sack and not throw. Trying to win it all by himself is killing him his whole career. I am done defending him.

I mean no receivers were open, so just take a sack and play the next down.

I hear ya . . . I forget the down and distant, but I think he was trying to make something happen . . . there were down 7 with 3 or so mins to go (i forget the exact time) and sometimes one might err on the side of making the pass . . . true there was traffic but he was trying to make a play . . . then again with the traffic so close and he had his arm cocked would he have had enough time to bring it forward and tuck before it got hit and it might of been a fumble, tuck rule aside . . . you know what I meant, you have the ball behind your head/near your ear hole and traffic coming, can he pull the ball down in time and protect . . . if he pulled it down before arm going forward no tuck rule issue, but a dislodged ball is a fumble . . . six one half a dozen the other . . .  

I hear ya . . . I forget the down and distant, but I think he was trying to make something happen . . . there were down 7 with 3 or so mins to go (i forget the exact time) and sometimes one might err on the side of making the pass . . . true there was traffic but he was trying to make a play . . . then again with the traffic so close and he had his arm cocked would he have had enough time to bring it forward and tuck before it got hit and it might of been a fumble, tuck rule aside . . . you know what I meant, you have the ball behind your head/near your ear hole and traffic coming, can he pull the ball down in time and protect . . . if he pulled it down before arm going forward no tuck rule issue, but a dislodged ball is a fumble . . . six one half a dozen the other . . .  

The tuck rule was abolished before the Ravens/Broncos divisional game last season. It no longer applies.

I'll say this though - the same guy who inadvertently screwed Denver in that game officiated tonight (Bill Vinovich) and did an outstanding job. Both teams got away with one or two, but it was called down the middle.

He said after the game he was throwing it to Julius Thomas for a short gain or over his head for an incompletion

He said he knew it wasn't going anywhere......they were down 7....and I agree...5 minute s left he had to try to something happen

The tuck rule was abolished before the Ravens/Broncos divisional game last season. It no longer applies.

I don't want to start a whole tuck rule discussion, I did think they got that call correct even with the old rule . . . he had the ball in his crotch and just got a second hand on it before it was dislodged, albeit 1/16 second before it was dislodged . . . alas, had he just dropped the ball as he lost control of it and simply spiked/dropped the ball straight down/following through, it would of been an incomplete pass, it happened to Romo earlier in the year . . . but he brought it to his crotch, got the fingers of his second hand on it thereby the end point of the pass/tuck point and reestablishing his position as a runner albeit 1/16 second before dislodge . . .

He said after the game he was throwing it to Julius Thomas for a short gain or over his head for an incompletion

He said he knew it wasn't going anywhere......they were down 7....and I agree...5 minute s left he had to try to something happen

yah it just a tough situation when you have traffic coming and you and in a mode to start a pass and it tough to stop and/or not pass and try to secure the ball . . . he could of tried the latter and had the ball dislodged . . . maybe in his mind the incomplete pass was a higher percentage play then a potential fumble . . .

Great D by San Diego. This team could be a dark horse for sure. They've lost a lot of close games. 6 out of their 7 losses were by a TD or less.

They're a solid team with a good QB if you give him the time to throw.

I'm still not sold on Rivers keeping it together if he's in a bad situation/behind by a few scores. He really seems to lack maturity. He's energetic which is alright, but he acts like a big baby/kid at times. Hell he's acting like this was the Superbowl SD just won. He's not a rookie and needs to start composing himself at some point.

Having said that, if the Chargers keep games close or lead he'll do his job all game long. Usually.