Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+ 10 1/2) at Denver (12-12-13)

oldunclemark

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Manning eats too much Campbells noodle arm soup, and only throws for 5 TD's, ~390 yards and maybe a pick.

In all seriousness, I think it will be a close one. SD is desperate. If the Broncos build an early lead though and Rivers gets rattled they'll get toasted. Provided the D doesn't screw it up.

over-under at 53 1/2

.....That spread is very high with Denver's defense...

Old Man RIvers will have no trouble putting up 25-30 points against the Denver defense

Decent weather ...upper 30s and little wind

..again..12 of 13 Bronco games have gone over...and this one will, too

team weakness, watch Bailey will come back rusty again too and make it worse

Del Rio says he wants to see what a healthy Champ & Cromartie combo can do , their are obvious 2ndary weaknesses at this point

Del Rio says he wants to see what a healthy Champ & Cromartie combo can do , their are obvious 2ndary weaknesses at this point

The Broncos are arguably a better team with Bailey on the sidelines. I've seen what he can do at his age, and recently it hasn't involved stopping others from beating him repeatedly.

I'd love to see the old dog prove me wrong, but at this point I'd feel better seeing him on the sidelines. If nothing else they should test him when one of these next three games gets out of hand. This as opposed to throwing him in a big game situation like the playoffs and hoping he doesn't screw it up.

I'd sit Champ until the Houston game./play him 2 weeks in warm weather and then give him 2 weeks off.

He's only got so many plays in him

Broncos don't need him until the post-season....

DR Cromartie is needed Thursday night

The Broncos are arguably a better team with Bailey on the sidelines. I've seen what he can do at his age, and recently it hasn't involved stopping others from beating him repeatedly.

I'd love to see the old dog prove me wrong, but at this point I'd feel better seeing him on the sidelines. If nothing else they should test him when one of these next three games gets out of hand. This as opposed to throwing him in a big game situation like the playoffs and hoping he doesn't screw it up.

I'd sit Champ until the Houston game./play him 2 weeks in warm weather and then give him 2 weeks off.

He's only got so many plays in him

Broncos don't need him until the post-season....

DR Cromartie is needed Thursday night

i wonder if he can play safety, if not i wonder if he plays for brocos next year, he is now such an if

He has been a liabilty when in, its just that Denvers CB's arent that good save for Cromartie and Harris , but then vwery little consistent depth when Jammer and Bolden get in , Webster has good and bad days buit does hit hard

'

He should have gone on IR with that liz fran injury, not simply saying, its not as Bad as Cladsy's , i wil let it heal but fear it will hurt whenever i play from now on -sorry i dont still have the link

Great u have a player that needs to cut and have good footwork and hip movement with a foot that he admitted  will just keep hurting

Anyway, all have a god week , not sure when back on

absolute must game for SD (6-7)...its win or go home for the season...

...the 8th loss is a message from heaven telling you to wait till next year.. :rulez:

At Mile High, SD wont have a chance but will be a close game due to Denver defense and dropped passes.

I think Manning eats too much Campbells noodle arm soup, and only throws for 5 TD's, ~390 yards and maybe a pick.

In all seriousness, I think it will be a close one. SD is desperate. If the Broncos build an early lead though and Rivers gets rattled they'll get toasted. Provided the D doesn't screw it up.

peyton in post game conference at 3:55 mark says we have a Thursday night game, 95 plays with a short turnaround is not the best scenario , took some injuries , is one reason he doesn't like Thursday night games,   this week is a divisional opponent played us  close last time, at least its at home  -- think i got it right 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000294874/Broncos-postgame-press-conference

Everybody trashed Ed Reed but he got a pick Sunday in a must-win for the NYJs..

Veteran secondary people are invaluable in the post-season.. (If they are healthy)

Veteran secondary people are invaluable in the post-season.. (If they are healthy)

thats a key as i noted before, i dont like that he says his foot will hurt from now on, that says on any given play when he plants and cuts to cover, that is react to WR action, a sudden worse pain and he can go down on a key play

Love his experience and play last year but health ^& age a key, and we dont know if its health or age or combination that has him look rusty each time he trys, all we know is he hasnt stayed healthy YET

READ THIS ON WHY BOLDEN & WEBSTER & LENNON & JAMMER  IN &  NOT WOODWARD & DUKE 

Broncos replace defensive players who are battling injuries

Injuries cannot be controlled, at least not by football coaches.

What Broncos coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio can affect is the performance of their healthy players.

Seeking a more productive defensive combination of players, Fox and Del Rio, for the Broncos' game Sunday against Tennessee, replaced captain Wesley Woodyard at middle linebacker with veteran Paris Lenon and strong safety Duke Ihenacho with Omar Bolden.

Foremost, this is a performance issue. In Woodyard's case, the neck stinger he suffered in game 5 at Dallas has affected his performance. He has not been the same player, especially in the base 4-3 defense. A weakside linebacker by trade, Woodyard was moved to middle linebacker this season.

He was a tackling machine early, but tackling is considerably more difficult when there's a nerve pinching between the neck and shoulder.

Lenon, meanwhile, had started eight previous years at inside or middle linebacker.

"Some of this is giving guys opportunities to see what they can do," Fox said Monday. "We try to get better every day and every week as we move closer to the end of the season. I think it just helps us."

Ihenacho was a surprise starter coming out of training camp and made an impact early in the season with his aggressive play. But he, too, hasn't been quite the same since suffering an ankle injury in Game 8 against Washington.

The Broncos signed veteran safety Michael Huff three weeks ago, but until he becomes more familiar with the defense, Bolden is getting a chance.

Bolden played free safety while Michael Adams, who had been replacing the injured Rahim Moore at the same position, slid over to strong safety, where he started 17 games last season

Read more: Broncos replace defensive players who are battling injuries - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24689928/broncos-replace-defensive-players-who-are-battling-injuries#ixzz2n4RobOvr 

I imagine Jammer & Webster are part of his Seeking a more productive defensive combination of players issue, but were beat badly last week, Rivers much better than Titans Fitz by Far

Denver Pass D just getting worse to me, hope am wrong

PS - McCoy: We're going to beat Denver on Thursday night

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/12/9/5190142/mccoy-were-going-to-beat-denver-on-thursday-night

Woodyard, Ihenacho caught in shuffle

The issue is the Broncos continue to surrender too many points for anyone’s liking at their Dove Valley complex as the postseason approaches. They have surrendered at least 17 points in every game this season, and are 26th in the league in scoring defense (26.5 points allowed per game), 25th in total yards allowed per game, and 29th in passing yards allowed per game. 

Woodyard -  After he missed two games with a neck injury (a stinger) he suffered in the win in Dallas, Woodyard returned to play 71, 71, 78 and 87 plays in the next four games, respectively. Some with the team believed the injury was affecting Woodyard’s play to some degree, and already undersized at middle linebacker at 233 pounds, the Broncos have tried to regulate his snap counts. Woodyard had been moved from his more natural weakside linebacker spot into the middle earlier this season

Woodyard played 49 of 72 defensive snaps against the Chiefs two weeks ago and played just 10 snaps on defense Sunday to go with 18 plays on special teams. 

The team put Lenon into the base 4-3 defense for the most part, and he was in the middle for 23 plays against the Titans, finishing with three tackles. Lenon is slightly bigger (240 pounds) than Woodyard and has far more experience at the middle linebacker spot in his prevous 11 seasons in the league. 

Bolden played 41 snaps on defense Sunday -- 82 percent of the Broncos’ total and most of them plays when the Broncos were in their base defense --

while Ihenacho played 21 as the Broncos used plenty of six- and seven-defensive-back looks in the game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/64525/woodyard-ihenacho-caught-in-shuffle

The Broncos have had a lot of bog game s in a row..

Their defense is on the field a lot because their offense scores so quickly..

They need time off after the SD game and they need that first round bye badly

good chance wont be around for updates Wed or Thursday or post game Friday, Go Peyton, Go Colts

Missing from Tuesday's practice were defensive lineman Derek Wolfe, receiver Wes Welker and running back C.J. Anderson.

Wolfe was set to rejoin the team for meetings Tuesday after missing more than a week with illness, but he'll be worked back in slowly.

Champ Bailey was present for the practice, but he did not participate during the media-viewing period.

Linebacker Wesley Woodyard and safety Duke Ihenacho, both of whom were benched Sunday,

were working with the scout team on defense.

The forecast for Thursday calls for a high of about 50, but with the 6:25 p.m. game start against the Chargers, it'll be plenty chilly 

Read more: Broncos' Peyton Manning practices; Wes Welker, Champ Bailey out - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24694960/broncos-peyton-manning-practices-wes-welker-champ-bailey#ixzz2n6e9U2r4 

Bailey, Wolfe, Welker all out for Denver...but Trindan Holliday will play and they will need him in a high scoring game

Trindan is probable ,, but will they trust his shoulder since he does have ball handling issues, still sometime   would love to see an end around as long as he gets to the sidelines so can always go out of bounds after yardage gain and not be gang banged in middle of the field and lose the ball on a critical play

ist and goal , they never would expect it

Article on Quality of play of short week & other short week issues 

Regardless, there's no changing the fact that instead of six days,

the Broncos get three this week. It doesn't help that the offense played 98 snaps Sunday, more than it has in any other game this season, or that the defense is redefining the word "injured." It's time to grin and bear it, to quip as coach John Fox did Wednesday that he likes all games, no matter the day of the week. These Thursday games look like they're here to stay, no matter the bad matchups, no matter the sometimes-disastrous quality of play — no matter that Knighton doesn't even have the energy to buy groceries. ( explained earlier in article )

it's not the preparation that irks these guys; it's the stuff they can't control, their aching joints and tweaked muscles.

Safety Omar Bolden, who played the most snaps of his pro career against the Titans,

said  he was  something approaching beaten to a pulp  Sunday night. He has had only three days to get himself back on track, all while trying to play well enough to convince coaches to give him more time.

Read more: Broncos grumpy about meeting Chargers on short recovery and rest - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24706391/broncos-grumpy-about-meeting-chargers-short-recovery-and#ixzz2nGP9w8Rq

Go Peyton tonight, hope can stay up but will tape encase fall out, no matter what , the attempt will leave me out of it most of Friday, night games are as hard for me as the players sometimes ( LOL ) but it feels that way

Here is to wanting a win and hoping besides the win Peyton throws 6 TD's, but get the win above all else

We also see Peyton and the Broncos play the Chargers online through  The NFL Network's live THNF online link, beginning at 7:30PM Eastern Standard Time, with the pre-game show

http://www.nfl.com/qs/tnf/index.jsp

Clear skies and a 'warm' 38 degrees, feels like 32 degrees,  is forecast inside Sports Authority Field At Mile Stadium in Downtown Denver for the 8:20PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 42% humidity, 0% precipitation, and very mild  southwest winds at 7 miles per hour.

Bailey, Wolfe, Welker all out for Denver...but Trindan Holliday will play and they will need him in a high scoring game

Denver's defense (if you can call it that) is going to be abused while SD plays ball control. That spread is too high imo. Game should be close

SD played them well the first game. I think they keep close it again and could pull out a tight one but I think in the end Manning puts up too many points.

We also see Peyton and the Broncos play the Chargers online through  The NFL Network's live THNF online link, beginning at 7:30PM Eastern Standard Time, with the pre-game show

http://www.nfl.com/qs/tnf/index.jsp

Clear skies and a 'warm' 38 degrees, feels like 32 degrees,  is forecast inside Sports Authority Field At Mile Stadium in Downtown Denver for the 8:20PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 42% humidity, 0% precipitation, and very mild  southwest winds at 7 miles per hour.

From Broncos website and keys to game

On Denver Defense

is of little solace to a defense that has already yielded more touchdowns (38) through 13 games than it did in 16 last year (30).

"I don't think we're where we need to be on defense to win a championship right now," said defensive tackle Terrance Knighton. "The great defenses, whatever they're faced with, those touchdowns are field goals. We've got some improvement there.

Denver Offense

Re  in season Thursday night games with Peryton, is when they score there lowest  ( not talking about thee start of season but later thursday night games )

it was also on a Thursday night last year that the Broncos endured their only sub-30-point game in a 14-game stretch that extended from Dec. 2, 2012 to Nov. 10 of this year, when the Chargers held the Broncos to 28 points. The 26 points on a Thursday night in Oakland last Dec. 6 remains the Broncos' low in their last 19 games.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Three-Keys-Broncos-vs-Chargers/3f495570-aa0d-4279-810a-e63902e1aabb

Just hope can stay up to watch,. DVR set , if fall asleep no one call me to tell me the score, let me watch on DVR thanks all

I must say, ever since SD throttled us I've been watching them a little closer. There's not a team in the league I'd rather NOT play again than them and they're showing exactly why tonight--that offense is enviable and controls the clock very well while moving the ball, wearing out the defense, and keeping the other QB on the bench. Just solid, balanced execution. These guys are gonna be good under McCoy.