Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So cut adam?

GoColts8818

I think some wanted AV and D. Brown cut by the first game.  Glad it isn't so.  We need to replace only when a superior alternative stare you in the face.  I Actually think Pat McAfee extended AV career relieving him of kickoff duties.

So because some * wanted AV to be cut , we need a sarcastic thread started every time he kicks a FG over 45 yards ?

So because some * wanted AV to be cut , we need a sarcastic thread started every time he kicks a FG over 45 yards ?

Why not tell that to the originator of this thread if you disagree so vehemently?  People wanted him cut in the San Francisco game too. Next time he misses, there'll be more calls for his head.  It's the way of forum fanatic.

By the way, I think AV is over 100 points for the season again.  How many times has he done that?  And how many others have done the same?  Just asking...  Really don't know if that is uncommon or not...

Why not tell that to the originator of this thread if you disagree so vehemently?  People wanted him cut in the San Francisco game too. Next time he misses, there'll be more calls for his head.  It's the way of forum fanatic.

By the way, I think AV is over 100 points for the season again.  How many times has he done that?  And how many others have done the same?  Just asking...  Really don't know if that is uncommon or not...

I saw today he scored over 800 points and is the second player in NFL history to do it with two different teams. 

AV will be 41 at the start of next season. He'll turn 42 in December. Even though he's having one of his best years, father time will catch up to him soon. I'd prefer to see the Colt's sign a younger free agent or bring in a top rookie prospect....BTW, not resigning him is not the same as cutting him.

Remember that time that Vinny missed a bunch of kicks and people got mad that cut threads were made?

Now we have to be reminded how annoying those threads were with more annoying threads.

It wasn't just that time.  Anytime Adam misses a kick one of those threads comes up

Funny how the people want him cut when he misses never have anything to say when he has a game like today where he was maybe the player of the game. 

Also judging by the number of likes I got I think it safe to say I wasn't the only one who thought this today. 

It wasn't just those time. Anytime Adam misses a kick one of those threads comes up.

Funny how the people want him cut when he misses never have anything to say when he has a game like today where he was maybe the player of the game.

I'm aware how many threads were made. It's probably close to the number of sarcasm threads that get made.

He missed kicks people were frustrated. He certainly didn't play as well last year as he has this year. Thus people are criticizing him.

I'm aware how many threads were made. It's probably close to the number of sarcasm threads that get made.

He missed kicks people were frustrated. He certainly didn't play as well last year as he has this year. Thus people are criticizing him.

He has gotten those threads this year, most recently as the Texans game when he had one blocked. 

The point is maybe the criticism is unwarranted and people need to realize NO kicker is prefect even one as good as Adam.  Last year Adam had two blocked so take those out and he ended up 26 of 31 for field goals which was right at his career average in terms of percentage.  Five missed kicks for a kicker over a season isn't exactly terrible.  We saw the Texans kicker miss three in one game vs. the Colts this season. 

He has gotten those threads this year, most recently as the Texans game when he had one blocked.

The point is maybe the criticism is unwarranted and people need to realize NO kicker is prefect even one as good as Adam. Last year Adam had two blocked so take those out and he ended up 26 of 31 for field goals which was right at his career average in terms of percentage. Five missed kicks for a kicker over a season isn't exactly terrible. We saw the Texans kicker miss three in one game vs. the Colts this season.

I never saw a single serious cut Vinny thread all year.

I never saw a single serious cut Vinny thread all year.

Go back and look after the 49ers game and Texans game they were there, someone even mentioned the 49ers game one earlier in this thread so I am not the only one who remembers them.

Here is one.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20848-get-rid-of-av/?hl=+cut +vinatieri

I also remember people going out of their way to try to blame the Miami loss on Adam.  So the hate for Adam has been there. 

Go back and look after the 49ers game and Texans game they were there, someone even mentioned the 49ers game one earlier in this thread so I am not the only one who remembers them.

Here is one.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20848-get-rid-of-av/?hl=+cut +vinatieri

I also remember people going out of their way to try to blame the Miami loss on Adam. So the hate for Adam has been there.

I stand corrected. But it's not Adam hate. It's him losing us games hate. Which he has been guilty of in the past.

Some people just feel the need to have a scapegoat.

I stand corrected. But it's not Adam hate. It's him losing us games hate. Which he has been guilty of in the past.

Some people just feel the need to have a scapegoat.

He lost the Chargers game in 2007 in one of the oddest games I have ever seen to the point that his miss was almost a fitting way to end it.  That's been about it.  Every other time he's been asked to hit a clutch kick at the end of the game he's come through here. 

He lost the Chargers game in 2007 in one of the oddest games I have ever seen to the point that his miss was almost a fitting way to end it. That's been about it. Every other time he's been asked to hit a clutch kick at the end of the game he's come through here.

Just because it's not a miss at the end of a game, doesn't mean it can't cost a game lol.

Just because it's not a miss at the end of a game, doesn't mean it can't cost a game lol.

It's pretty hard to say they lost a game because of a missed field goal earlier in the game.  It takes a lot of reaching to do that.  For example people wanted to put the blame for us losing the Miami game on his shoulders because he missed a 51 yard field goal.  I think the fact the he scored all three of our second half points and that Luck threw an extremely poor INT when we were either in or very close to field goal range was a bigger reason we lost.  In other words we didn't get the production we needed out of the offense in the second half. 

It's pretty hard to say they lost a game because of a missed field goal earlier in the game. It takes a lot of reaching to do that. For example people wanted to put the blame for us losing the Miami game on his shoulders because he missed a 51 yard field goal. I think the fact the he scored all three of our second half points and that Luck threw an extremely poor INT when we were either in or very close to field goal range was a bigger reason we lost. In other words we didn't get the production we needed out of the offense in the second half.

If a kicker misses 5 FGs in a game, but it's not the last play of that game. Doesn't mean he didn't contribute to the loss lol.

You're trying to build a case to give Adam a free pass on every miss, but that's just as illogical as trying to cut him after every miss.

If a kicker misses 5 FGs in a game, but it's not the last play of that game. Doesn't mean he didn't contribute to the loss lol.

You're trying to build a case to give Adam a free pass on every miss, but that's just as illogical as trying to cut him after every miss.

when has Adam missed five field goals in a game since being here?

He hasn't. Honestly there isn't a game outside of maybe the 2007 that you can honestly say we lost because of him and even in 07 I'd say Mannings six INTs were a bigger reason we lost.

when has Adam missed five field goals in a game since being here?

He hasn't. Honestly there isn't a game outside of maybe the 2007 that you can honestly say we lost because of him and even in 07 I'd say Mannings six INTs were a bigger reason we lost.

I never said Adam did lol. Just an example of a kicker losing a game when it wasn't the final kick.

I never said Adam did lol. Just an example of a kicker losing a game when it wasn't the final kick.

and I am saying a bigger fact Adam has never cost us a game other than MAYBE the 07 game and that's only because that was a last second kick you have to over look the six INTs by Manning for that one to hold up though. 

and I am saying a bigger fact Adam has never cost us a game other than MAYBE the 07 game and that's only because that was a last second kick you have to over look the six INTs by Manning for that one to hold up though.

Yeah, but that isn't a fact lol. Far from it. If he makes in Miami maybe we win who knows? Maybe we still lose , but you can't say a miss never ever ever cost us. That's points on the board that can make all the difference.

Yeah, but that isn't a fact lol. Far from it. If he makes in Miami maybe we win who knows? Maybe we still lose , but you can't say a miss never ever ever cost us. That's points on the board that can make all the difference.

It is a fact find me a game you can look at and say you know if it wasn't for Adam we would have won.

Again the Miami game was lost more because the offense was held to three points in the second half and because Luck threw a dumb INT when we were in scoring range. 

I didn't say misses didn't cost us, sure they do but it doesn't mean he's the reason we lost the game either. 

Adam has yet to be the main reason we lost a game.  So this idea that he costs us games is false.  In fact, time and time again he's been a factor in the reason why we win games. 

It is a fact find me a game you can look at and say you know if it wasn't for Adam we would have won.

Again the Miami game was lost more because the offense was held to three points in the second half and because Luck threw a dumb INT when we were in scoring range.

I didn't say misses didn't cost us, sure they do but it doesn't mean he's the reason we lost the game either.

Adam has yet to be the main reason we lost a game. So this idea that he costs us games is false. In fact, time and time again he's been a factor in the reason why we win games.

Naw you made up your mind, and I've made up mine. What's the point in going back and forth lol?