Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano's Press Conference "We gotta Figure Out A Way"

King Colt

Yep a undrafted free agent who has been on multiple teams is going to solve everything.  I don't mean that to be offensive but one player is not going to fix this team unfortunately.

yet one playere breaks the team as in losing wayne. If rogers can come in and help us score more than 3 points in the first half that would fix the team.

I would add to that:  Where is this new passing offense we were promised?  In order to protect Luck, we were supposed to transition into more of a quick, short passing game - into more of a WCO, away from Arians' down-the-field offense.  You saw it some vs. Tennesseesee, but over the course of the season, you've seen almost nothing of what you would expect.  Luck is being hit and sacked as much as last year.  His completion % is dropping by the game.  They need to get the ball out of his hands more quickly... through play design.  That's coaching.   Quick, short passing - passing more to the backs, etc. Pass to set up the run.  Pass early, run later.

I agree. pep should have learned this from harbaugh, but he wants to have his own no coast offense, which dosent work.

yet one playere breaks the team as in losing wayne. If rogers can come in and help us score more than 3 points in the first half that would fix the team.

One player didn't break this team either losing Wayne was the last straw the offense could take since they were already missing starters TE,RB,RB,G just to name the ones on ir not including the ones that were out for last game as well. Rogers helping score more then 3 points may help it be more respectable but until we don't let teams hang 30+ points on it is not going to matter much.

What really has happened is a series of "mishaps." 

1) All the injuries

2) Two bad trades... 3 if you think Shipley was better than Satale. 

3) Pretty much zero contribution from the 2013 draft.

4) All those free agent signings that left many experts scratching their heads have not worked out too great. I for one don't see 100 million $ worth of production there. 

5) Protect and stick up for this coaching staff all you like , but at the very least you have to say it's a predictable offense , trying to run a "smash mouth" game plan without the players to do so. Luck is now getting batted around like a pin ball and he's beginning to regress. 

Call me spoiled and whatever else but this is how I see it.

2) I may be having a brain dead moment and missing the obvious, but what was the second bad trade besides Richardson?

Something's gotta give.   I know TR gets hammered on here a lot. But He has been setup for failure due to lack of imagination on Peps part.  If these coaches stay on this page their on. We can expect the same results every game this season from here out.  We can only hope as fans, the staff can use the creed Change adapt and overcome.  

2) I may be having a brain dead moment and missing the obvious, but what was the second bad trade besides Richardson?

As gavin just posted , Hughes probably is a better player than Sheppard. Really has some effect on this year whereas the Richardson trade effects forward years. I was going to mention that but didn't bother. 

I guess you can look at the Hughes trade in multiple ways considering your evaluation of him. 

If you kept him and drafted Werner , it would cut into Werner's playing time.

If you think Hughes was a decent player , you could have spent the Waldron money elsewhere. 

Or you could have done everything the same , kept Hughes and had some pass rushing depth.

In any event , we don't have much pass rush other than Mathis.

Hughes/Sheppard

As gavin just posted , Hughes probably is a better player than Sheppard. Really has some effect on this year whereas the Richardson trade effects forward years. I was going to mention that but didn't bother. 

I guess you can look at the Hughes trade in multiple ways considering your evaluation of him. 

If you kept him and drafted Werner , it would cut into Werner's playing time.

If you think Hughes was a decent player , you could have spent the Waldron money elsewhere. 

Or you could have done everything the same , kept Hughes and had some pass rushing depth.

In any event , we don't have much pass rush other than Mathis.

Thanks, I totally was blanking out ... I agree on that being a bad trade as well.